When COVID-19 Hits Home

Hey! Feels good to be back.

Well, the ‘rona finally hit home last week. One of Ryan’s employees tested positive for the virus, which prompted quite the domino effect! Ryan was required to immediately leave work and self-quarantine for the week.

Ryan also felt it was his responsibility to get himself tested, and that was quite the experience … meaning arriving home from the appointment with a severe bloody nose, a mild migraine for the remainder of the day and nearly two days of pain in his nose! This was not what either one of us was expecting, especially since my sister was tested a few weeks ago and had zero issues. Are there different types of tests throughout the country? Who knows. All I do know is that Ryan, who is NEVER phased by this stuff and has a pretty high tolerance of pain, was down for the count. And, I obviously was a mess since there was absolutely nothing I could do.

On the bright side, Ryan’s test came back negative! It took two days to get the results. We weren’t too worried since he wasn’t having any symptoms, but I still took a big sigh of relief when the call came in. Thinking I was stressed with just the general state of the world was nothing compared to what I felt actually going through it with my significant other. Hits a lot differently when you or someone close is directly affected.

Once we knew everything was okay, we realized that Ryan was still home the rest of the week.

Um, BONUS!

The only silver lining of the entire situation. Vacation time is rare and hard to come by for us, so we soaked up every single minute. Lots of family walks with Finn, yard work, making progress on upstairs renovations, date nights at home, puzzles and music … it was a week to remember, and one that I’m very thankful for. Time is a beautiful, precious thing when you’re allowed to have and embrace it.

when covid-19 hits home

So, that’s what we’ve recently been up to over here. Pretty fun, yeah? πŸ˜‰

With the long holiday weekend coming up, I hope all of you manage to have some fun while also continuing to be mindful, safe and healthy. Take care of yourselves and others. Cheers!

Psst … you might also be interested in the small things that spark joy in quarantine.

1. Brittany wrote:

SO glad to hear you are both safe & healthy still! I’ve heard the test really sucks… I feel for Ryan! It’s still so crazy to think we’ve gone through this, but the time at home has been a blessing for sure. Gotta focus on the positive πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend!

Brittany | http://www.pointed-north.com

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I definitely don’t think it’s the norm what Ryan went through with the test. Not something he wants to repeat anytime soon, haha! Hope you’re all enjoying the long holiday weekend! xx

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  2. Ashley wrote:

It seems that maybe someone was a little too aggressive with the swab. I’m so sorry that happened to him, but glad he tested negative and you got time together!

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Yes, I agree that the person who did the test might’ve been a little rough.

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  3. Caroline wrote:

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I am happy that his results were negative. That photo of you guys is so sweet too. Enjoy the rest of your week! xo

Posted 5.20.20 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Yes, all that matters if that everyone is safe and healthy! xx

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  4. Debbie wrote:

So sorry that Ryan had to go through all that, but happy he tested negative and that you guys were able to have some time together! Have to look for the silver linings these days!

Posted 5.20.20 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

He was excited to get sympathy pizza from you, lol!

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  5. cara wrote:

So glad to hear he tested negative and you all got to spend some quality time together! That’s been a major silver lining for us over here too – thankful for getting to spend more time with the family. Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend!

Posted 5.20.20 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I agree! We have to look for the small things these days, and time that we otherwise wouldn’t have had together was a huge blessing the other week. Hope you guys are enjoying the long weekend! xx

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  6. Biana wrote:

The silver lining is definitely the quality time you guys got together. I’m so happy that he tested negative! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

Posted 5.20.20 Reply