Coffee Chat No. 22 | A Quick Brain Dump & 7 Favorite Links

Happy Wednesday! Coming at you today with a coffee chat/brain dump of all the random assortment of things.

coffee chat

How’s your week going? Finn is going through some weird bout of extreme anxiety that’s keeping him up at night (even with medication!), so I’m running pretty low on sleep. The things we do and sacrifice for our furry loved ones.

I’m starting to get into vacation-mode where I have three to-do lists going at any-given time with everything I need and hope to accomplish before we go. As I’ve started to think about what to pack, I’ve also decided to take the time to purge my closet and donate or sell on Poshmark. I have so much interest in putting together a capsule wardrobe for fall and winter. Figure I typically reach for the same clothes all the time anyway, why not streamline my closet to make it easier to mix-and-match items for multiple outfits?! If you have any experience with this, I’m all ears! Otherwise I’ve just been turning to Pinterest for inspiration.

A few random links and things:

+ Can’t believe it has taken me so long to get to it, but this book is NEXT-LEVEL AMAZING. So many feelings. More to come in next month’s reading roundup. Catch up with my other latest reads in the meantime!

+ The best advice I’ve ever read about how to deal with scary experiences.

+ An easy, wearable way to incorporate the leopard trend into your wardrobe? A belt! This will be great for dressing up tees and sweaters with jeans.

+ We’re currently binge-ing Unbelievable on Netflix. All I can say is that it is quite, literally, unbelievable. It’s not an easy show to watch – I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to make it past the first episode. So, beware trigger warnings of sexual assault/violence. I’m glad that I/we stuck with it, though because the acting is so good. Just hard to swallow that it’s a true story. I’ve cried and sworn at the T.V. a lot!

+ My current go-to shade of nail polish. It’s THE perfect nude/mauve shade.

+ I recently made this quick (and pretty healthy!) recipe, and we devoured it. It’s a great two-person meal!

I’ll just be over here the rest of the week counting down the hours until Saturday when it’s time to see The Downton Abbey movie! Anybody else going? I can’t wait!

Catch up on past coffee chats.

1. love the idea of a leopard belt!
    kelseybang.com
    4allthingsdisney.com

Posted 9.19.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

It’s an easy way to wear the trend this season!

Posted 9.24.19 Reply
  2. Cara wrote:

Iā€™m always on the hunt for a new show to binge, so adding unbelievable to my list! Also love that leopard belt!

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

It’s such a good show, even though it is difficult to watch at times. The leopard belt is great quality for Amazon, too!

Posted 9.19.19 Reply
  3. Debbie wrote:

I could sure use a closet purge and could probably benefit from a wardrobe make-over as well, lol! (You know my story!) Very good advice about dealing with a scary experience, can definitely learn from that. I know how much you are looking forward to Downton, hope it meets all your expectations!

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

If you let me, I’ll purge your closet in no time! Ha! I thought that advice about dealing with a scary experience was so good – never thought of it that way.

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
  4. Brittany wrote:

I feel a closet purge coming on real strong in our house too! It’s the best feeling. Also, I have heard such good things about Unbelievable but haven’t had the guts to start it… I’m sure it’s a tough one to get through!

Brittany | http://www.pointed-north.com

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I’m sure you’re in nesting mode, so you totally should do a closet purge! It really is the best feeling. Unbelievable is a GREAT show – the first episode is the toughest to swallow so far.

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
  5. Caroline wrote:

Thank you so much for mentioning that book! I have been going back and forth on reading it for months. I am reading the Nightingale right now but maybe I’ll read that one next!! Love that nail color too! Have a great day!! šŸ™‚

Posted 9.18.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Ahhh The Nightingale! One of my all-time favorites. I hope that you’re loving it!

Posted 9.18.19 Reply