Coffee Chat No. 20 | 10 Favorite Links From the Week

Hey, hey! My headspace is a little all over the place right now with some extended time off on the horizon (more on that at the end of the post!). So I’m keeping it easy today and sharing my 10 favorite links from the week. Let’s get right to it!

coffee chat

+ We’ve been working on sprucing up our deck and backyard space, so I ordered an outdoor rug to go with our new deck furniture. It reminds me of something from Anthropologie, but for a fraction of the price. I’ll be sure to share more when we’re finished!

+ A solid list of volumizing products for fine, lifeless hair.

+ Must-have summer Amazon buys.

+ A great at-home blowout tutorial. Also, how cute is her haircut? I’m contemplating chopping mine again.

+ To make outdoor chores more enjoyable or for fun beats by the pool/at the beach, we highly recommend Amazon Music’s Top Pop station. It’s a good mix of recent and the latest hits – basically feel-good boppy beats!

+ This celebrity trivia gave me a good laugh. Who else loved playing this game at sleepovers?!

+ Shrimp tacos is one of my all-time favorite meals, and this recipe was surprisingly easy to make at home!

+ I shared a lot of easy summer reads in my latest book roundup.

+ Looking for positive daily thoughts and affirmations? Tiny Buddha on Instagram is your answer.

+ I’m not one to wear Disney ears, nor would I EVER spend this much money on them, but the special edition Alex & Ani ears are pretty fabulous.

That’s all from me for a bit! Ryan is home on vacation for the next week, so I too am going to take some much-needed time away … read: I’m escaping the ridiculous obsession that is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. 😉 I hope that everyone is having a great summer and continue to do so. See you later!

1. Jessica wrote:

That shrimp taco recipe is sooo delish!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

Posted 7.15.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

It’s so good, I highly recommend it!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  2. Jill wrote:

Your outdoor rug is so cute and it definitely has an Anthro vibe! I need all the volumizing help I can get for my hair and that’s a great roundup of products! Also checking out the blowout tutorial!

Jill – Doused in Pink

Posted 7.14.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Thank you! The rug is a new favorite in our outdoor space, I just love it. Hope the hair links help you out!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  3. Kasey wrote:

ooh i definitely need to learn to do my own blowouts. i always think i want to chop my hair, but i have to remember how much extra work the short hair ends up being!

Posted 7.11.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

That’s definitely true! As long as I can still get mine back in a ponytail (no matter how small 😉 ) then I’m still okay with it!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  4. Biana wrote:

I saw your new outdoor rug and really love it! I’m needing one for our hallway so you gave me some inspiration. xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

It honestly never occurred to me to use an outdoor rug inside an entryway/high traffic areas, so thanks for the idea!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  5. Brittany wrote:

Ah, I love the outdoor rug you chose! I haven’t actually shopped around for one but I always feel like it’s hard to find cute neutral ones. Also – good for you for taking time off! Sometimes you just need a little staycation!

Brittany | http://www.pointed-north.com

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Thank you! It’s not at all what I thought I’d gravitate toward, but it looks so cute on our deck. Hope you’ve been doing well, friend!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply
  6. Debbie wrote:

Lots of fun things here, I might be checking out some of those volumizing hair products, my hair goes completely flat in the heat and humidity! Hope you and Ryan enjoy your vacation!

Posted 7.10.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

With the heat/humidity that we’ve been having, there’s not much any of us can do to have a good hair day!

Posted 7.22.19 Reply