6 Things I Loved in May

Hello, June! I can’t believe that summer is unofficially underway – when did that happen? Last month was a quiet one, yet it felt like it flew by. Maybe that’s just what happens once you get older! I’m still in the midst of trashing, trying and buying new things – for the house, my closet and beauty arsenal – which means that there are not a lot of favorites to share in today’s post. So, I won’t keep you too long! Here are 6 things I loved in May.

6 Things I Loved in May

Personal Accomplishment

I ran my first 5k of the season Memorial Day weekend, and I had my best race yet! My final time was 28:25, finishing 53rd overall (out of 144) and 11th in my age group. Even better that I had my parents – who decided last-minute to drive up! – Ryan and Finn waiting for me at the finish line. Oh, and you better believe I ate my weight in Mexican food later that night. 😉

Beauty & Style

+ OPI Getting Nadi on My Honeymoon. My go-to nail color lately.

+ Universal Thread Utility Shorts. What took me so long to try this style of shorts?! So comfortable, and the material makes them easy to dress up or down. I have the olive color in small.

Entertainment

+ Cat Stevens’ Teaser and the Firecat on vinyl. On repeat all month.

+ Catastrophe. This show isn’t for everyone, but Ryan and I love the off-beat, slightly twisted sense of humor. While the final season isn’t as good as earlier seasons, we still had some good laughs.

Blogger Spotlight

+ Kate’s shop your closet post inspired me to try a sweater tank this season. All her outfit ideas are right up my alley!

What I’m looking forward to in June: WARMER WEATHER; Hugh Jackman live; a family wedding; extra time-off for Ryan; Summerfest; and getting my garden planted!

What were your favorites from last month?

Roundup of last month’s posts:
Living Proof Hair Care Refresh
8 Things I Loved in April
How to Spend Two Nights on Catalina Island
May 2019 Reads & Reviews
10 Items on My Amazon Wish List
Coffee Chat No. 19

1. mercy wrote:

Yes, May went so fast even if it’s one of the longest months. I haven’t ran a race yet, that must be fun and exciting.

Posted 6.4.19 Reply
  2. Debbie wrote:

We were so happy to be there for your race and so proud of you too!

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

So glad that you guys could be there, it meant a lot!

Posted 6.7.19 Reply
  3. Biana wrote:

I am loving your hair! Congrats on the great race time! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
  4. Congrats on your first 5k! That’s always a huge feat! I remember when I used to hate running haha Also, sweater tanks are my go-to…I’m glad you love them, too! Cheers to a great June!

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Thank you! It had been a year since I ran a 5k (not counting the treadmill), so I’m glad that I was able to surprise myself with the results. I’m loving that sweater tank, so nice for summer!

Posted 6.7.19 Reply
  5. Samantha wrote:

Such a great round up. I can’t believe it’s already June!

Posted 6.3.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

You and me both, cheers to a great month!

Posted 6.7.19 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft