Living Proof Hair Care Refresh

Remember recently when I talked about trashing, swapping and buying some new beauty products? Well, same goes for hair care! Not sure if my hair all of a sudden has become used to the same ‘ol products that I’ve used for years, or my hair texture is starting to change in my old age of 30 … either way, I’m long overdue for a change.

Enter Living Proof.

Yes, this brand is expensive, but I think it’s worth it. I invest a lot of money every eight to 10 weeks on my hair color and cut, so why wouldn’t I want good products to keep it looking good in between appointments?! I actually have my hair dresser to thank for this new brand obsession since it’s all she uses in the salon. Plus, I don’t wash/over-style my hair every single day so that just helps the products last longer. Justification at it’s finest, folks. 😉

Anyway, so here’s a little glimpse at my Living Proof hair care refresh. Most of these products I’m either already currently using, testing or hoping to try in the near future.

living proof hair refresh

+ Color Care Shampoo. I’m currently using Living Proof’s Full Shampoo, and while I like it just fine I feel out of my element not using a color care-specific shampoo. Enter their latest collection launch! I’m so interested to try this shampoo to see if it helps my color not get brassy after two washes.

+ Triple Detox Shampoo. Since I’ve started curling my hair a few times a week and using more styling product, I can tell that there’s a lot of buildup in my hair. Especially since I only wash my hair a few times a week! Instead of shampooing twice each shower to get my scalp clean, I hope that using this product once (maybe twice) a week will take care of that in one lather.

+ Full Conditioner. Conditioners are not typically something I’m picky about. I use so little of it just on the ends of my hair, so why does it matter? Well, this conditioner has completely changed my mind! My hair and ends have never felt softer. There’s also been a noticeable difference in how smoothly I can get a comb through the tangles post-shower. Never, ever thought I’d invest the money in a high-end conditioner, but since I do use so little at least I know that a bottle will last a long time.

+ Full Root Lift. Pretty self-explanatory. Aquage Uplifting Foam has been my go-to root lifter for quite some time, but lately it feels SO heavy in my hair. And, I can’t go as long between washes because it makes my scalp oilier faster. My hairdresser uses this spray in my hair on occasion, and I always love the soft and full, weightless volumized look it gives. I’m also a long-time user of the Dry Volume Blast on dry hair for all over fullness/texture.

+ Color Care Whipped Glaze – Light. Also part of the new Color Care Collection, this stuff looks ridiculously intriguing. Kind of like a purple shampoo and at-home toner all in one. Again, anything to help keep the brass away and I’m there.

Do you use any Living Proof products? My tip is to start with sample sizes, when available! The travel sizes are pretty generous, so you’ll be able to get a good feel for if you like the product or not and save some money.

Don’t miss what’s new in my beauty bag!

1. Cara wrote:

That color care whipped glaze sounds awesome! I’ve tried their dry shampoo a few years ago and I really liked it. I noticed Ulta is having some of their products on sale during their hair event- may have to pick some up!

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I definitely think it’s worth trying, especially if you can snag anything on sale! I’m so intrigued by that color care whipped stuff.

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  2. Biana wrote:

I’ve only used their dry shampoo, but I clearly need to use some of their other goods! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

Posted 5.1.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I’ve heard rave reviews about the dry shampoo!

Posted 5.2.19 Reply
  3. Debbie wrote:

I’ve always wondered about these products and now I know they’re worth giving a try!

Posted 5.1.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I think you’d like them!

Posted 5.2.19 Reply
  4. kristen wrote:

i am pretty sure i have the dry volume blast, i do love it. i have the aquage as well but it was WAY too heavy for my hair.

Posted 5.1.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Glad it’s not just me with the Aquage! It’s so weird, it worked wonders when my hair was more bob-length, but now that it’s getting longer it’s not having the same effect. Oh well, an excuse to try something else lol.

Posted 5.2.19 Reply
  5. Brittany wrote:

I keep hearing more and more good things about Living Proof so I officially need to try it! I haven’t changed up my routine in a while… and it shows, lol. I might have to snag those travel sizes!

Brittany | pointed-north.com

Posted 5.1.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I definitely recommend picking up the travel sizes! They’re very generous and will last a while.

Posted 5.2.19 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft