8 Things I Loved in April

Happy Monday, and cheers to the new month of May! How many Justin Timberlake memes did you get last week? C’mon people – IT HAS BEEN DONE. But, I digress. Last month was definitely an improvement from the first few months of the year, so I’m excited to share the 8 things I loved in April in today’s post. Let’s get into it!

8 Things I Loved in April

Beauty & Style

+ Universal Thread Nyla Ankle Strap Sandals. These were exactly what I was looking for in a black sandal! A classic style that will go with practically any outfit, and super comfy.

+ Living Proof Full Conditioner. I wrote a whole post outlining my Living Proof hair care refresh, but the conditioner gets special mention here, too! My hair has never felt softer post-shower.

+ Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. An oldie, but an absolute goodie! I picked this back up from the back of my vanity drawer a few weeks ago and was quickly reminded why it’s such a great palette. The ultimate matte, neutral shades for any eye look possible with some of the best quality formulas out there.

Entertainment

+ The Tiny Chef Show. This wouldn’t be a monthly favorites post if I didn’t mention my new favorite of EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH. My obsession with this little guy is slightly unhealthy, but it’s just so cute and hilarious and I can’t get enough. It’s refreshing to watch something so ridiculously silly that’s appropriate for both adults and kids. And, if it’s good enough for Kristen Bell then it’s good enough for me. 😉 My personal favorites are Tiny Tiki Queen, TC’s tribute to Freddie Mercury and Royal Basil. I dare you not to smile and laugh.

+ Vinyl Record Player. Isn’t it so funny how everything old eventually becomes new/trendy again?! One of my favorite childhood memories is me and my brother listening to The Beatles Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band vinyl on our parent’s record player. Well, now I have my own! It has been nothing but pure joy to put these old records on and listen to their goodness in the rawest form possible. Nothing can replace that sound! I look forward to finding more local record stores to browse to add to my collection.

+ Queer Eye Puppy Makeover. This video inspired me to finally start watching this show, and I’m SO hooked. I’ve cried at the end of every episode so far.

Blogger Spotlight

+ I adored Kallie’s post about accepting who she’s not.

+ Instagram isn’t too much of my jam these days, but this Instagram strategy from Helene is worth a read.

What were some of your favorites from last month?

Roundup of last month’s posts:
5 Things I Loved in March
What’s New in My Beauty Bag
April 2019 Reads & Reviews
A Day at Disney California Adventure | First-Timer Tips & Our Top Picks
The $18 Travel Jewelry Organizer That You Need
Disneyland vs. Disney World | What We Loved & Our Disappointments

1. Cara wrote:

I’m a huge fan of anything Universal Thread. And yes to vinyl!! It sounds so much better.

Posted 5.8.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Universal Thread has been my go-to for a while now – pretty good quality and you can’t beat the price!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  2. I love the living proof products. Their heat protector is one of my favorites.

Posted 5.7.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Oh, good to know – I’ll have to try that one out!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  3. Biana wrote:

Those target sandals are so perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing Helene’s post – cant wait to read it! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 5.6.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Can’t wait to get tons of wear out of those sandals, they’re really comfortable!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  4. Brittany wrote:

Vinyl is the way to go! I have similar memories of me and all my cousins listening to Disney soundtracks on my Grandma’s record player. I few years back I finally bought one for our house & absolutely love it. Such a nostalgic thing!

Brittany | http://www.pointed-north.com

Posted 5.6.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Aren’t those just the best memories? Love it!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  5. Alissa wrote:

We loved a LOT of the same things this month and I am so glad to hear you are on the vinyl bandwagon!

The Adored Life

Posted 5.6.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I don’t know what took me so long!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply
  6. Debbie wrote:

I’ve needed something to make me smile, and Tiny Chef makes me smile every time! I’ll have to check out Queer Eye, I just love them. Still amazes me that vinyl has made a comeback, so glad I saved all those albums!

Posted 5.6.19 Reply
    • Ashley wrote:

Isn’t Queer Eye great?! Love it.

Posted 5.6.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I’m glad that you saved all your albums, too! Yes, you need to watch Queer Eye ASAP!

Posted 5.12.19 Reply