How I Like to Use My FitBit Versa

I mentioned a couple months back that I was the brief owner of an Apple Watch and quickly discovered it wasn’t at all what I wanted in my life. Instead I went back to my tried and true FitBit and opted to give their version of a smartwatch a try. I’m happy to report that I love everything about this watch, so I thought it would be fun to break down how I like to use my FitBit Versa in today’s post.

How I Like to Use My FitBit Versa

Watch Face Design Selection & Changeable Bands

Since I did have a brief experience with an Apple Watch, there’s no denying that FitBit technology is a little different. There’s not an abundance of different watch faces to choose from, and half the ones that are available are kind of ugly. That said, if you do some digging I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to find one that works for you. A majority are free, too! I finally landed on one called Minimal Style, and it’s perfect. It can be customized just enough, and it shows all the information I care about most right on the home screen.

Just like the Apple Watch, you also can switch out the FitBit Versa bands. Again, there’s not the same amount of variety, but it’s better to have a few options than none at all. I love these bands from Amazon! They’re inexpensive, come in a ton of colors, and are super comfortable to wear.

Exercise-Specific Tracking

This was probably the main reason I wanted to make the switch from a traditional fitness tracker to a smartwatch-style tracker. Being able to select my workouts – treadmill, weights, etc. – to get a detailed breakdown of stats has been great in the gym! I’m able to monitor my heart rate zones, fat calories burned, how many stairs climbed, etc. Sometimes I want to see more than just steps, so this is a game-changer.

Music On-the-Go

Another main reason I wanted to switch to this FitBit. I have zero issue carrying my phone with me at the gym to stream music, but being able to download music right to the watch will be AMAZING come summer when I run outside and for races. Sayonara, uncomfortable arm bands and sport waist packs! One thing to note is you do have to download the FitBit app on your computer to transfer music onto the watch (FitBit only supports Pandora and Deezer subscriptions for streaming music), but for how seldom I switch up my workout music the extra step doesn’t bug me.

Personal Alarms

My favorite feature of any FitBit! I’m not exactly a morning person, and being woken up by a loud sound never did me any favors. Making the switch to this alarm has been life-changing. If you’re not familiar, the FitBit will gently vibrate against your wrist until you either put the alarm to sleep or turn it off.

Pop-up Notifications

This was partly what annoyed me most about the Apple Watch, so I’m actually surprised that it’s now one of my favorite features on the FitBit. I think part of that reason is because I can’t respond from the watch; it’s strictly text notifications and call alerts. This is most helpful when I’m out running errands, driving, at the gym or somewhere I don’t feel like having my phone in my hand at all times. It’s easy to glance at my watch to see if it’s something I need to respond to or answer at that moment or save for later.

A quick mention of the FitBit phone app also is worthwhile. I love that everything is in one spot with a lot of detailed information! The sleep tracker, weekly workout goal and new female health tracker are just a few of my favorites.

While these favorite features are how I like to use my FitBit Versa, I’m pretty sure there’s still several characteristics I haven’t yet tapped into! Do any of you use the FitBit Versa and have a favorite app? Let me know below!

You might also like my three go-to stores for affordable workout wear.

1. cara wrote:

It’s so cute! I’m a huge fan of the alarm feature on my Fitbit too. I like setting reminders to get up and move throughout the day when I’m at my desk.

Posted 3.14.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Yes, I love those, too! So helpful.

Posted 3.15.19 Reply
  2. Amy Ann Arnold wrote:

I think I need to learn more about my apple watch to better utilize it. Thanks for the tips on how you use yours.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 3.8.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

No problem! There’s so many features available that it’s hard to keep up.

Posted 3.15.19 Reply
  3. Gemma Etc. wrote:

I really want the fitbit versa, it sounds like the perfect activity tracker and I like that you can have notifications whilst on the go xx

GemmaEtc.com

Posted 3.8.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

It’s perfect for all of that!

Posted 3.15.19 Reply
  4. Monica wrote:

I use my versa as an alarm and I love it so much. Its much better than a glaring alarm sound.

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

I couldn’t agree more!

Posted 3.15.19 Reply
  5. Kay R.D. wrote:

I absolutely love my Versa! For Christmas my husband got an apple watch upgrade and me a versa. Like you, I didnt want (or need really) an apple watch at all.

Posted 3.7.19 Reply
    • Karly wrote:

Glad it wasn’t just me! I felt so silly for not loving the Apple Watch, but it was just too much for me. The Versa is the perfect compromise!

Posted 3.15.19 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft