3.4.19 14

7 Things I Loved in February

And, just like that – it’s March! January was the longest year, and February was over in a blink. Time is a funny thing! There were quite a few random favorites throughout last month, so let’s jump right into 7 things I loved in February.

7 things i loved in february

Oh yeah, I’m not afraid to put up a photo of me ridiculously cheesin’ over a cookie cake. 😉 Finn in the corner looking up at me like I’m nuts also cracks me up.

I turned 30!

I’m officially in a new decade of life, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Quite the opposite actually! Ryan spoiled me silly with the cutest display, treats and gifts, and my parents were able to drive up for the afternoon to celebrate. It was the perfect low-key day and a great way to set the tone for this new chapter. Thanks for all the love on Instagram!

Beauty

This drugstore highlighter is perfect for those of us that prefer something subtle.

Music

I can’t get enough of John Mayer lately. Have you heard his new song? SO good. My brother and I are going to see him August, which will be another check on my concert bucket list.

Tech

I’ve gotten a few questions about my photos and editing lately. It’s all thanks to the Light and Airy Photog Mobile Presets! I randomly came across these girls on Instagram and simply fell in love with their presets. Each one was exactly what I always was after when trying to edit (for hours) on my own. Now it’s as simple as applying a preset in the free iPhone Lightroom app! I typically use the Brighter Whites preset and turn down the color temperature between -5 to -8 (I like my photos to have a slightly cooler look). It’s so easy, and I’m thrilled with the look of my pictures – both for the blog and everyday! I can’t even remember the last time I picked up my fancy DSLR. There seems to usually be a promo code available for a few bucks off, but regardless these presets are worth every penny!

T.V.

If you’re not watching Victoria on PBS Masterpiece then you’re missing out. I’ve watched the show since the first season, and this season was probably the best yet. So much history laced with drama, love and intrigue. I can’t get enough and am already going through withdrawals since last night’s finale.

A couple other notable mentions are the Ted Bundy docuseries on Netflix – seriously, how could one man be so evil? Highly recommend if you’re into all the true crime stuff. We also were sucked into the third season of True Detective, but I admittedly found the finale to fall flat. If you’ve watched it, let’s discuss.

What were some of your favorite loves from last month?

Roundup of last month’s posts:
4 Things I Loved in January
February Reads & Reviews
10 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day On Your Own
Makeup Classics I’ll Always Come Back To
At-Home Dressing Room Diary: American Eagle
This is 30 | New Decade, Same Me

1. Samantha wrote:

Such a cute post!

Published 3.4.19
    • Ashley wrote:

Love Victoria on PBS. Why am I attached to that actor as Prince Albert? Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 30s!!!

Published 3.4.19
      • Karly wrote:

Isn’t it such a great show? I just love it. And, I love Tom Hughes as Albert, too! Swoon, lol. Thanks, lady!

Published 3.5.19
    • Karly wrote:

Thank you!

Published 3.5.19
  2. Caroline wrote:

I am checking out that photo editing tool. I have an iPhone XS and I love it because of the camera but once in a while I need to edit my photos. 🙂 Anyways! I’ll have to check out that John Mayer song too. Love that photo of you with your birthday cookie too!! <3

Published 3.4.19
    • Karly wrote:

I have the good iPhone camera, too, but love having the quick editing tools since I’m not a pro lol.

Published 3.5.19
  3. Brittany wrote:

Such a good (and fast) month! And omg, the Ted Bundy Tapes are insane! I think my jaw dropped at the beginning and stayed that way the whole time. He was insane & I didn’t even know most of the things they shared. Anyway… lol, welcome to the 30 club :).

Published 3.4.19
    • Karly wrote:

LOL, yes! All of my exact same thoughts. Just crazy.

Published 3.5.19
  4. Alissa wrote:

Okay so YOU’RE THE REASON I’m getting targeted for those presets now! This all makes sense. 🙂 I do really love them, just right now I spend NOTHING unless it’s for the wedding!

The Adored Life

Published 3.4.19
    • Karly wrote:

Haha, I’m sorry about that!

Published 3.5.19
  5. Debbie wrote:

So glad you had a nice birthday and happy we could be with you! I’m still reeling from the Victoria finale last night, can’t believe we’ll have to wait a year to find out what happens! I agree with your thoughts on True Detective, a lot of buildup to a very blah ending. We actually binge watched the Ted Bundy doc, a real first!

Published 3.4.19
    • Karly wrote:

I can’t believe it will be a whole year before we have more Victoria – I can’t wait that long!

Published 3.5.19
  6. Biana wrote:

So glad you had a wonderful 30th! I also bought presents in Feb. but have been bad about using them LOL! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Published 3.4.19
    • Karly wrote:

Thank you! And, haha! I’m with you – it took me a week or so to remember to use the presets. 😉

Published 3.5.19