Makeup Classics I’ll Always Come Back To

I was borderline giddy to sit down and write this post because MAKEUP! It has been so long since I’ve written anything beauty-related, so I’m into it. This topic actually was inspired by Emily at Beauty Broadcast on YouTube. She recently shared a video about all her holy grail beauty items that she’ll always have/go back to even if she doesn’t use them everyday or often at all. In an over-saturated beauty world, sometimes we just want to fall back on our tried-and-true, no-fail favorites. Even though some of the following products are ones I haven’t used in a long time, they’re without a doubt makeup classics I’ll always come back to.

Makeup Classics I'll Always Come Back To

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation

Be still, my heart. Me and this foundation have been through A LOT together. I’ve worn this foundation for every major life event in the last 10 years – my wedding, bridesmaid duties, showers, date nights, funerals … you name it. It just works for me and my skin, you know? I know that I can count on it when I need my makeup to last/look flawless. Apparently they’ve recently released a new formulation, so I hope that it still lives up to my holy grail status. My favorite drugstore foundation is nearly identical.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

I should do a search to see how many times throughout the years I’ve mentioned this concealer on this blog. Concealer is something that I test a lot, and I do have other favorites. But, MAC still takes the cake. It’s rare that I don’t have a backup of this in my drawer regardless of anything else I might be trying or wearing.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Few words come to mind to describe this bronzer other than perfect. It applies so smoothly, and it can double as a contour powder if you’re into that. I picked this up recently after a long absence, and while I also love my drugstore bronzer it is just SO different from this one. Hence why I’ll always go back to it. 😉

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed

This is the best blush formula out there, in my opinion. It’s the only one that doesn’t fade throughout the day. And, this color goes with everything and anything. Just like the MAC concealer, I always have a backup of this on-hand.

NARS Eye Shadow Primer

This was the first eye shadow primer I found back in the day that cooperated with my oily eye lids. I’m a fan of the wand applicator and that it goes on clear/doesn’t leave behind a weird residue or consistency.

LORAC Pro Palette

Aside from the Naked palette (rest in peace, dear friend), this was my first foray into the eye shadow palette world. And, it is still so loved. I haven’t reached for it in quite some time, but I like knowing it’s there when I need a classic, no-fuss look. LORAC also has some of the best eye shadows out there. This was another product that I used on my wedding day, so there’s a nostalgia factor, too.

CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara

I’ve been using this mascara for YEARS, and it still remains to be beat. By any other drugstore or high-end competitor. The formula gives my lashes the perfect amount of length and volume without ever getting clumpy. So, it obviously lives up to it’s name.

MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam II

The perfect opaque, matte formula and nude-ish pink/beige color. L’Oreal’s Fairest Nude is a close dupe, but nothing compares to the original.

Here’s a quick snap from the weekend with a majority of these products in action! I swear that the eye shadow is there, but you know – #hoodedeyesprobs.

makeup classics selfie

What are some makeup products that you always return to no matter what?

Here’s more beauty posts!

1. 2.21.19
    Liza said:

My absolute favorite mascara is Essence ‘I <3 Extreme Crazy Volume.' After trying pretty much every single other drugstore product I finally grabbed this one from Ulta figuring might as well, it's only $3. But it's been all I use for ages now
    I've never tried Estee makeup but always hear amazing things!

• 2.24.19
      Karly said:

Is that the mascara in the purple tube with the black top? That is a GREAT mascara, and you can’t beat the price!

2. 2.20.19
    Amy Ann Arnold said:

Girl you are such a beauty!! I love this post! There are just those items we will always go back to! I need to check out double wear light. I use the regular. I trust your recommendations!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

• 2.20.19
      Karly said:

Thank you so much! So sweet of you. I think you’d really love the DWL if you sometimes feel like the regular can be a bit heavy. It photographs beautifully, too!

3. 2.19.19
    car said:

You look SO gorgeous! This is such a great blog post idea (might have to borrow it! haha) The Lorac Pro Palette will always be my ride-or-die eyeshadow palette and it was like the gateway product of me getting into makeup. So many of these products are classics and you really can’t beat them!

• 2.20.19
      Karly said:

You’re so sweet, thank you! And, yes – please do a post like this! I’d love to see all your classic products since you’re a product-junkie like me. The Lorac Pro Palette will always be a favorite – it’s still one of the best!

4. 2.18.19
    Alissa said:

I typically don’t love drugstore mascara but dang CoverGirl kills it every time! I think the magic is in the brush!

The Adored Life

• 2.19.19
      Karly said:

I agree! I’m the complete opposite that I think there’s so many great drugstore options these days for mascara that I rarely splurge on a higher-end one.

5. 2.18.19

I am crazy for the Tarte blushes, Exposed is the prettiest everyday blush shade xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

6. 2.18.19
    Ashley said:

I’ve heard great things about the Double Wear! I need something oil free tho. I really like the Tarte blushes. I have on in Seduce. You look so great in your photo!

• 2.18.19
      Karly said:

I’m almost positive the DW Light foundation is oil-free because I’m the same way! Worth a look. I was looking at that blush in the shade Seduce, too!

7. 2.18.19

I love using classic products. I’m a sucker for the Maybelline Lash Sensational and Fit Me concealer.

• 2.18.19
      Karly said:

Maybelline Lash Sensational! That takes me back, lol. Such a good one!

8. 2.18.19
    Debbie said:

My makeup routine is pretty simple, most days I just use a little concealer and my tried and true L’Oreal Voluminous mascara. Sometimes I use a little Cover Girl Cheekers blush. That’s it even though I have a drawer full of other makeup!

• 2.18.19
      Karly said:

You’re lucky that you don’t need to wear a lot of makeup!

9. 2.18.19
    Samantha said:

I use the same blush as you. Love Tarte!

10. 2.18.19
    Jessica Camerata said:

Need that lipstick, looks SO good on you! Also need to try an eyeshadow primer, how do I not own one?!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

• 2.18.19
      Karly said:

Thanks, babe! It’s such a classic shade, and I don’t think you can go wrong with MAC eye shadows. Eye shadow primer is a total game changer, go get yourself one! 🙂