Top 10 Lifestyle Favorites From 2018

Happy New Year, everyone!

Yeah, yeah – I said I wasn’t going to be back around here until the beginning of next week, but I admittedly don’t do well without routine. So, here I am! Ready to dive head first back into this space and make 2019 a great year.

I’ve been enjoying reading everyone’s year-end recaps and roundups of favorite things from last year, so much so that I felt inspired to compile my own list for this month’s monthly loves series! I deemed my roundup my top 10 lifestyle favorites from 2018 because there’s a little bit of everything – beauty, fashion, tech, home, entertainment, etc. Every single one of these things made an impact (no matter how trivial) on me in the last year, and several will be going with me into 2019!

Top 10 Lifestyle Favorites From 2018

Wordscapes App. I’m not typically one for phone games, but this one is addictive. Perfect for English-lovers like myself that like the challenge of knowing a lot of different words.

Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizing Styler. The best hair tool investment that I’ve made. Especially with shorter hair, this brush always gives me that coveted salon-worthy bouncy blowout. This also is great for travel since it eliminates the need for a separate blow dryer and round brush.

Tarte In-Bloom Palette. This was my most-used eye shadow palette, and it continues to be my daily go-to.

IKEA Anti-Slip Rug Underlay. If you have a lot of rugs in your house, you need to run and pick up several of this $5 miracle worker! This was a random find at the beginning of 2018, and I swear that IKEA used witchcraft to make it. Your rug will never, ever move once you put this under it.

A Star is Born Soundtrack. Music is so hard for me to narrow down because I listen to A LOT, but this was a pretty easy decision. Rarely a day goes by that I don’t listen to a few songs from this soundtrack. While the movie didn’t live up to my expectations, the music will continue to be some of my favorite for a while!

LED Book Light. Essential for any of us that still reach for hard copy books and are night-owl readers! I quickly realized this myself last year when hard copy books vs. e-books were easier/faster to get from my local library. The one linked isn’t the exact one I have – mine is from a two-pack found at Costco – but this one looks almost identical!

Magnolia Table Cookbook. Probably no surprise here because of my general love for Joanna Gaines and anything she does. BUT this cookbook is the real deal. Every recipe I’ve tried has been delicious and not too difficult to make. More of my favorite cookbooks can be found here!

Abercrombie & Fitch Asymmetrical Snap-Up Fleece. This easily is my most-worn piece of clothing. (I have the black and wear a medium for reference). It’s almost embarrassing how many times a week I wear this … almost. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (Netflix). I’ve lost count how many times I’ve watched this movie, so I thought that was a good indicator that it was my favorite movie of 2018. Something about it just makes me smile and puts me in a good mood. Can’t wait for the sequel!

Nike Tanjun Sneakers. Hands-down the most comfortable sneakers that I’ve ever owned. I was late to the game with these, but now I get it. Definitely will replace and repurchase when my current pair wears out.

Do any of my top 10 lifestyle favorites from 2018 line up with your own? Anything I missed that I should look into for the coming year? I’m excited to bring many of these products with me moving forward, as well as discovering new things that either make my life a little easier or simply make me happy!

On a quick personal note, thanks to everyone who reached out with their kind words after my last post. The loss of my grandpa hasn’t been easy on my family, so your sweet messages and prayers have been most welcome. I sincerely appreciate those of you who’ve kept me and my family in your thoughts, and I’ll hold that with me later this week when my family gathers to say goodbye and celebrate my grandpa’s wonderful life.

Linking up with Kristen.

You werenโ€™t kidding about the Ikea rug pad, it really is great! One of my goals for 2019 is to do a little more home cooking (hopefully!), so Iโ€™ll be looking at my copy of The Magnolia Table for inspiration. I might have to invest in a pair of those Nikeโ€™s too!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I think you’d love the Nike’s for when you’re just out running errands or working outside in the summer. They have great support!

That hair styler is on my list!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

3. Kay R. wrote:

Ooh the Nike is really cute!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  4. I love this honest roundup! So many fun pieces. I need to check some of these out. I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending you love.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I think you’d love the hair styler for whenever you wear your hair straight – it’s so great for our shorter length! And, thank you. xx

5. Brittany Steinkamp wrote:

I got the Magnolia Table book for Christmas & can’t wait to dive in!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • You will LOVE it – let me know some of your favorite recipes when you start to try it out!

6. Emily Dunham wrote:

Definitely agree on Magnolia Table, and those tennis shoes, too!

So sorry to hear about your grandpa – thinking of you and your family!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  7. Missed your last post but so sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your fam peace & love.

I love the fleece you have up there!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thank you so much. And, that fleece is the best! I know there’s an Amazon knockoff, but I think the Abercrombie one is worth every penny.

8. A wrote:

So sorry for the loss of your grandfather!

9. Heather wrote:

So sorry for your loss Karly. It is never easy to lose someone you love. Thinking of you.

Some of my favourite things are on your list too – the book lamp, the hair styler (I LOVE IT), To all the Boys, and A Star is Born soundtrack. #favouritestwins ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now I kind of feel like I need to give your other favourites a try…:) Happy New Year.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thank you, Heather! I appreciate your kind words. It’s so fun knowing that we share so many of the same favorites – I’m pretty sure you and Kristen were the ones that introduced me to that hair styler. Now I can’t live without it! So thanks for that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  10. SO many amazing picks! Love the Tarte palette and that sweatshirt looks so cozy!

11. Caroline wrote:

I am so sorry about your Grandpa. I hope that you and your family can find some comfort in your memories of him. Sending love your way. ๐Ÿ™‚ On a brighter note, that hair dryer/tool thing sounds amazing and that eyeshadow pallette is so pretty!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thanks so much, I sincerely appreciate that. Can’t get enough of the hair styler or eye shadow palette – I use both almost everyday!

12. shootingstarsmag wrote:

Fun post! Book lights for reading are definitely wonderful inventions. And I don’t have the soundtrack, but I LOVED A Star is Born and the music is wonderful.

-Lauren

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  13. oh i love that word game app, so fun! i also love that tarte palette. and yay for the revlon brush! love it.