Coffee Chat No. 17

Hello! Join me for a coffee chat, will you?

Coffee Chat

Anyone else feel like they’ve already lived about three months’-worth of 2019 just in the first couple weeks of January?! Our lives and schedule have been so erratic – this is the first “normal” week we’ve had since before Christmas! I’ll take being busy over not any day, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a short breather here soon.

Something to look forward to at least is that Ryan and I are starting to plan our upcoming vacation that will be in celebration of us both turning 30! We like to be pretty active on vacation with the option to chill out at the pool or beach if we want. We’re considering either the Bahamas or some sort of California excursion (driving the Pacific Coast Highway, visiting/staying in multiple locations … something like that). I’d love to hear recommendations or ideas from you!

A few other recent notable life mentions:

Who’s been to IKEA lately? We’re headed there tomorrow for the first time in months. At the top of my shopping list is this storage organizer that I plan to use for my rapidly-growing yarn collection.

Ryan surprised me with an Apple Watch for Christmas; however, after using it for a couple weeks I’m not a fan! I think it’s one of those things that you have to try to know how it’s going to fit in with your everyday life. For me, it’s clear that I primarily want a fitness tracker instead of a smartwatch. So, I’m going to return it and pick up the FitBit Versa instead. I’ll report back!

I try to save any book talk for my monthly reads and reviews (don’t miss my roundup for January), but I just finished this book (available on Kindle Unlimited!), and I’m still reeling. MIND. BLOWN. It’s a must if you’re a fan of thriller/suspense novels.

The prettiest earrings currently in my Amazon cart.

Cara’s best of drugstore makeup is a can’t-miss post.

OMG I NEED THESE SLIPPERS.

Cheers to a great rest of the week!

Want more to read? Catch up on past coffee chats.

1. Ugh, I feel you on trying to get back into a routine and I think it’s always hectic the first few weeks of the year. But yay for planning out a vacay! We’re thinking of a Bahamas trip this year ourselves. And I like how the Apple watches look but I’m definitely a Fitbit girl myself. Hope you like the Versa- it’ll be what I upgrade to once my Alta gives out. And as always, thanks for sharing one of my posts in your roundup! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I’m much happier with the FitBit Versa so far! Only four days in, but it’s exactly what I was looking for. πŸ™‚ Yay for the Bahamas! I think we’re leaning more toward California now, but it looks so pretty there.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  2. Brittany Steinkamp wrote:

I love when it’s time to plan a vacation! You two would have so much fun in California! So much to do πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re leaning toward doing – thank you for your email with all the help!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I vote for the PCH trip – we did that for my 30th birthday and it was amazing! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I don’t think we’re going to do the PCH, but it looks like California is in our future!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I agree, it finally feels like life is getting somewhat back to “normal”, although I admit it’s taking me a little longer to get back to a routine. I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy with the Apple Watch, I know you were excited about that! I’m glad you and Ryan are starting to plan a vacation to celebrate your special birthdays this year! Enjoy your trip to IKEA!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  5. Heather wrote:

Verity is near the top of my list!!! Hope to get to it soon! I just want to set aside a whole evening or day for it because it seems unputdownable!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Yes, girl – do it! That’s what I should’ve done instead of staying up until 3 am lol.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  6. Caroline wrote:

Those earrings are so pretty and I will add that book to my list! πŸ™‚ As you probably already know my older sister lives in California so I’d be more than happy to give you recommendations. I’m sure that whatever you guys decide it will be a wonderful vacation. Stay warm too friend! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  7. The Adored Life wrote:

WE have the same earrings in our Amazon cart! They are so freakkiinnggg cute! Buy them!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney