Fall Family Photos in Cedarburg, Wis.

I wasn’t sure if we were going to have the opportunity to grab a few updated family photos this year. Between schedules, cost, being sick all last week, plus the nagging voice in my head that said it was getting silly to keep taking yearly photos when I’m neither pregnant/don’t have a child … yeah, it wasn’t all coming together. But, our one and only Alex saved our day with fall family photos in Cedarburg, Wis.!

Fall Family Photos in Cedarburg, Wis. - fire departmentfall family photos - cedarburg, wis.couples photo with dog - cedar creek winery in cedarburg, wis.

We got lucky with a gorgeous fall day and late-morning light. Not so lucky was Finn, who’s morning routine of sleep and snuggles on the couch was interrupted … He was a trooper, though and did a lot better than I expected. πŸ˜‰

family photos - cedarburg, wis., fire departmentfall family photos with dog - cedarburg, wis.

A visit to Cedarburg always has been on my list of Wisconsin travel destinations. Um, I can’t believe I’ve lived here for more than five years and just now made it to this idyllic town. It’s basically a real-life Stars Hollow! The historic buildings, charming storefront displays – it’s all there and then some. Ryan and I already are planning to go back in a few weeks to see the town decked out for Christmas.

fall couples photo with dog - cedarburg, wis.fall family photos - cedarburg, wis.

Going through our photos instantly reminded me why it’s important to capture these moments – regardless of what stage of life we’re in. Sure, our family isn’t yet complete and we hope for more in the near future, but that doesn’t make us any less of a family at this point in time. Me, Ryan and our sweet Finley … we make a pretty stellar trio, if I do say so myself. This is our life right now, and we couldn’t be happier. That’s something worth capturing and celebrating!

Psst … If you’re in or around the Milwaukee area, Alex is still offering mini sessions! She’s even donating 15% of the proceeds to the Wisconsin Humane Society, so that’s an obvious bonus for fellow animal-lovers. She also took our at-home photos last year. Check out her website, or get in touch with her via Instagram!

1. Amanda Peterson wrote:

So cute!! You’re totally right. It doesn’t feel “right” when you don’t have a growing belly or growing child to capture, but I love that you do these yearly photos anyway!! I wish my husband and I did the same. A family is a family, no matter how small! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thank you for saying that! Some people sent me messages saying otherwise that kind of hurt my feelings, but we are no less a family than anybody else. πŸ™‚ Plus, I think it’s important to capture every stage of life and marriage!

2. Ashley wrote:

These pictures are beautiful!! I love how very “fall” they feel!!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

The pictures turned out just beautiful, they are well worth the effort every year! So glad you finally made it to Cedarburg, I would love to go back there someday!

4. Brittany Steinkamp wrote:

These turned out so great! I think it’s awesome you do this on a yearly basis – and Finn looks so cute! Makes me want some, too! Looks like the perfect little town πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thank you! Even though I struggled with the decision this year, I’m glad that we do these every year, too. So fun to capture every stage of our life and marriage!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  5. I love that y’all do family pictures every year, and what a gorgeous location y’all went to as well! I wish that Chris and I had done more family pictures with Dart because even though you might take pictures throughout the year, sometimes it’s hard to get full family pictures.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Awe, thank you so much! I think pictures are so important, no matter what stage of life you’re in. I think it’ll be fun to show our child this so they can see what we were like before they came along! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  6. These turned out beautiful and you look absolutely gorgeous! I think my favorite is the one where you’re petting Finley’s head. That’s such a priceless memory right there. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! That’s one of my favorites, too – definitely going in one of our frames in the hallway. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  7. Such cute photos! Love all the fall colors!

8. Caroline wrote:

Beautiful photos!!! Such a pretty looking town too. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

Certainly glad you guys went ahead with them – they turned out amazing! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

10. A wrote:

Finn is just so adorable! I love the one of you both kneeling and he looks so happy.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Awe thanks! Finn definitely knows how cute he is, lol. Luckily, that was one of the first photos we took, so he was still cooperating.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney