6.18.18 16

Coffee Chat No. 11 | Weekend Catch Up

Hi, hello! How is everybody? I don’t typically start the week with a coffee chat, but I’m playing a bit of catch up from last week and feeling chatty so why not?! Grab your morning beverage of choice, and join me for a few minutes.

Coffee Chat No. 11

Ryan was out of town most of last week, so my mom actually came to visit and stay with me for a couple days. It was SO fun and nice to have her here! In case you’re new here, my mom is my ride-or-die – we’re best friends, basically inseparable. But, since I live a couple hours away we don’t get as much time together (just the two of us) anymore. We squeezed in some shopping, a movie (Book Club, pretty cute and had some funny moments), and lots of talking! I also was able to see my dad to celebrate Father’s Day a couple days early. It was a win-win situation all around and a much-needed mid-month break.

The day I wait for every eight weeks is finally here this Friday – hair appointment day! This cut is serving me some major vibes and inspiration. Since I’ve been making more of an effort to curl my hair and try different styles, I’m thinking something a little piece-y/textured for summer is in the cards.

Is anybody watching The Staircase on Netflix? Is this guy guilty AF or no? I can’t make up my mind yet, but we still have quite a few episodes left. Let’s discuss.

I loved getting to know more about Jessica with her own take on my quirks post! She even used to be a figure skater, which basically was my dream circa the hey-day of Tara Lipinski and Michelle Kwan. Also go give some love to Kristen on this post. I admire her for being so open and honest about her feelings.

OH MY GOD I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE TO BE RELEASED.

This eye shadow palette is my new everyday go-to. The formula is like buttah! I’m thrilled that I snagged this when it was on sale, but I would 100% pay full price for it now.

Last thing! Following up on last week’s book roundup, I finished The Great Alone a few days ago. The hype is real, and Kristin Hannah continues to prove that she’s an amazing writer/storyteller. I cried a few times during this one! Really thought-provoking. Highly recommend.

Alright, I’m out of here! I’ll be back later in the week to share some of my hopeful plans for the summer season.

Cheers to a great upcoming week!

Other coffee chats here and here.

Linking up with Biana.

1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Happy summer!

2. The Adored Life wrote:

I watched the Staircase but full-disclosure I had listened to a podcast about it. It’s so infuriating though because I don’t KNOW and it drives me CRAZYYYY!!!!

Published 1.28.19
    • Ahhh don’t tell me anything! We knew absolutely nothing about any of it, so it has been so interesting to watch.

3. hena tayeb wrote:

Oh I love haircut day..
    I haven’t even heard of Staircase.. will check it out.

Published 1.28.19

I loved spending time with you, it was nice that it was just the two of us! It was a much needed break for me as well and I hope we can be together again soon. I cannot wait for A Star is Born either, and I’m anxious to read The Great Alone now too!

Published 1.28.19
    • I’ll have The Great Alone back to you next time we’re together! A Star is Born is going to be amazing, I just know it!

5. Lauren wrote:

I can’t WAIT for A Star is Born! It’s going to be amazing!

Published 1.28.19

Love that you got to spend some quality time with your mom – I really want to see that movie too!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Published 1.28.19
    • Can’t wait for the movie – it comes out on our wedding anniversary, so Ryan already is prepared for that’s what we’re doing – ha!

Published 1.28.19
  7. So fun that you and your mom are so close. I am close with my mom too, and it is the best. That eye shadow palette looks great!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Published 1.28.19
    • It really is the best being so close with my mom. That eye shadow palette is seriously perfect for anything – can’t recommend it enough!

Published 1.28.19
  8. So I must be living under a rock, but I hadn’t heard about The Staircase. I’m definitely adding it to my list! And I love it when my mom comes to stay with me too! She does it a lot more now when Chris travels for work because of the girls, and I love it!

Published 1.28.19
    • That is so nice to have the extra help with the girls, I’m sure! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on The Staircase – it’s definitely one that you have to think about!