10 Things I Loved in May

June is here, which means that it’s time to look back on 10 things I loved in May!

10 Things I Loved in Maysimilar jacket | white tee | jeans | sneakers | earrings | similar purse | sunnies

Blog Design

You probably noticed that things got a bit of a facelift around here! I swear I have blog theme-commitment issues, but I’m finally thrilled with how it all looks. EmPress Themes are affordable, stylish and easy to customize – everything you’d expect from two experienced, well-known developers and designers. I went with the Brevier theme because it’s simple and to the point. I’m just here to write and share things, so I don’t need all the extras.

Hair Products & Tools

I understand now why Kate from The Small Things Blog swears by Aquage Uplifting Foam. This is a new must-have product for me and my short hair – it gives so much volume and lift! I also finally figured out how to get some beach waves in my bob with this $8 curling iron and affordable beach wave spray.

T.V.

Evil Genius on Netflix. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. I/we can’t talk about it unless you’ve watched it, so please go do that so we can have an hours-long discussion. It’s only four episodes, so a piece of cake to binge in a weekend.

Glee. I’ve needed some background noise while working at home during the day, so this is my chosen re-watch. Um, anyone else agree that this show was the bee’s knees back in the day?! The Madonna episode, genius. Fun fact: my family loved the show so much that we even went to their live concert the year that they toured. The Warblers were just as amazing live.

Music

Have It All by Jason Mraz. Hands-down the happiest, upbeat song I’ve heard in quite some time. I’m probably bias because Mraz can do no wrong in my book, but still. I think you’ll agree with me.

Style

American Eagle is my go-to for jeans (I wrote a whole post about it last summer), so it’s no surprise that these distressed cropped skinnies are being worn on repeat. LOVE. THEM. This LC Lauren Conrad cold-shoulder top also has been my go-to. Obviously, look at all my new sidebar/about photos!

First 5k of 2018

I ran my first race of the year Memorial Day Weekend, and it was my best time yet! Finished in 30:38 and placed fourth in my age group and 36 out of 139 overall. We were experiencing record-high temps and humidity that day, so I was proud to fight through the fatigue to finish strong. (This handheld water bottle was a life-saver.) I’m so excited for more races this summer!

Did we have any similar interests or loves last month? Let me know what to get on my radar for June!

Also check out what I loved back in March and April!

1. You killed that race! So awesome!! It can be so hard to run in the crazy humidity – props to you!!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  2. Need to try that hair product because I need all the volume help too!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I can’t believe it’s June! Awesome that you did so well on your first race!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  4. Way to go on your 5K! Running in humidity and heat is no joke, so even better that you got your best time despite all of that! I’ve heard great things about Evil Genius! I’m adding that to our Netflix watch list!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thanks, girl – I definitely was proud of myself! Let me know if you watch Evil Genius, it’s so weird but interesting!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  5. Such a cute post! Love American Eagle!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

Those jeans are my FAVE- so softy, stretchy and comfy!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  7. I need to check out AE again for jeans. I haven’t bought from them since high school but I always loved their jeans. As always, looking so cute!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I took a long hiatus from AE jeans, too but they seriously are still the best. All I wear!

8. The Adored Life wrote:

YAY! Congrats on the race, I love following along with your running story. Mostly because it makes me feel like *someday* that could be me!

The Adored Life

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  9. congrats on your 5k! that is so awesome. i am super intrigued about that foam. AE jeans do not work for me at all lol but for some reason i keep trying them? it’s a mystery.

10. Melanie Sutrathada wrote:

Congrats on the 5K personal PR! That’s such a great accomplishment!

11. Caroline wrote:

Nice work on your race! That is great!! My sister’s wedding song was Lucky by Jason Mraz. Oh and random but he is married to my old neighbor’s sister. Moving on! That LC top is SO cute!!! I hope that you had a nice weekend and enjoy your day today too. 🙂

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • That’s a fun connection! We didn’t dance to it at our wedding, but technically mine and Ryan’s song is I’m Yours. I’ve listened to him since I was a teen, so I pretty much love anything he does.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

You did a great job on the race, I’m so proud of you! Thanks for sharing the Jason Mraz song, just what we all need about now and I forgot how much I like his music! Sure miss Glee too. Evil Genius sounds intriguing, now if I can just claim control of the remote, haha!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I haven’t heard the new Jason Mraz song but I LOVED him in college!! Congrats on your great finish for your first race – that’s wonderful! xo, Biana- BlovedBoston

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Awe, thank you! And, I’m with you on Jason Mraz – listened to him for years and still love him now!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft