5.15.18 23

Modern Farmhouse-Inspired Laundry Room Reveal

Remember that one time back in JANUARY when I shared the inspiration for our laundry room renovation? Yeah, me too. I can’t help but laugh that so much time has passed on this project, but life happens! But, I’m finally excited to share our modern farmhouse-inspired laundry room reveal with you today! Even though this room took us twice the amount of time that we originally planned – sometimes the easiest projects are the ones we drag our feet on – I’m so happy with how it turned out. Ryan (per the norm) brought my vision to life!

Let’s start with the before. Yucky walls and outdated cabinets/fixtures. It’s really hard to get a decent picture of this space using the fancy camera, so iPhone for the win.

small laundry room before 1small laundry room before 2

And, here we are today! A bright and refreshed laundry room with updated furnishings and the cutest folding table I ever did see. (yeah, it’s just a piece of wood, but I think it finishes the room so well!).

Modern Farmhouse-Inspired Laundry Room Reveal

For being a relatively small space, the fresh coat of paint (Zurich White by Sherwin Williams) and new white cabinets really open everything up. To me, the room feels a lot bigger than it really is. I’m perfectly content to be in there now to fold clothes.

modern farmhouse laundry room white and black decormodern farmhouse laundry room decor

If you compare the finished product to my inspiration board, you’ll notice that I stayed pretty spot on with everything. Besides our half bathroom, this was our most budget-friendly project yet! The new utility sink cabinet, wall cabinets and ceiling light were the only “investment” pieces. Ryan was able to DIY nearly everything else – he built frames for the top of the wall cabinets to give the illusion that they go to the ceiling; he figured out and built the folding tabletop; and we simply spray painted the old wood hanging dowel and hardware black to make it look like a pipe! Paired with a new set of blinds, a curtain valence that I found for $2 at Kohl’s and some minimal, inexpensive decor (some of which I already had), this room was a piece of cake to finish off and make look more expensive than it was.

Modern Farmhouse-Inspired Laundry Room Reveal

With the laundry room finally complete, the entire first floor of our house is DONE. Cue the hallelujah chorus. We’ve been at it almost nonstop for nearly four years, including a major kitchen renovation, so I’d say we’re kind of owning this whole homeowner thing. 😉 Lucky for us, the upstairs is a lot of paint/basic cosmetic changes plus whatever we decide to do with the two bathrooms. So, we’re in the homestretch of being done with our little 90’s fixer upper!

Hope you enjoyed our modern farmhouse-inspired laundry room reveal! We’ve put so much time, money and love into this house, and I truly love sharing all our projects with you. I tried to link to what I could below, but don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions. Also be sure to let me know if there’s any upcoming home-related posts that you’d like to see! You can check out all our past home projects in the archives.

Source list:

Hanging metal vases: old from Magnolia Market
Laundry room sign: Hobby Lobby
Hearth & Hand with Magnolia candle: Target
Faux greenery: Ikea
Glass jar: Target
Rug: old from TJMaxx

What a beautiful transformation, I just love it! A great space for a never- ending chore!

Published 1.28.19
  2. It looks amazing! I really want to build a table top over my washer and dryer too- so thanks for the inspo!

Published 1.28.19
    • It took Ryan a few days to figure out how to stabilize/mount it, but once he did it was a piece of cake! Thankful I married such a handy guy, lol. It’s so nice to fold clothes in there.

Published 1.28.19
  3. girl it looks absolutely amazing!! congrats on finishing the whole first floor, that’s fantastic. we have a long way to go until we are done with our first floor (well, we live in a ranch so it’s all first floor, face palm lol).. it’s an ongoing process that’s for sure.

Published 1.28.19
    • Thanks, girlfriend! I often question our sanity for tackling this much in a short period of time – especially since this isn’t our forever home – but it has been fun to see all the before/after and hopefully it will help us in the long run when it’s time to move. I’m sure your house is looking great!

Published 1.28.19
      • oh wow, it’s not your forever home? do you have plans or an idea of when you want to move? you’ll likely get more money when you sell because of all the work you’ve done, so that’s awesome! we didn’t do anything to our last house really because any money we would have put in, we would have lost because of the area. whereas the area we are in now, we’ll get our money back and then some if we ever sell (i’m hoping this is our forever home though, i hate moving lol)

Published 1.28.19
  4. It looks so good! It’s amazing how just a new coat of paint instantly gives the room a whole new feel! That’s also great that it was pretty budget friendly as well!

5. Caroline wrote:

It looks great!! So bright and cheery too. 🙂

6. Brittany Steinkamp wrote:

The laundry room looks amazing! I love how the white brightened it right up – and now I need one of those built in hanging racks. So handy!

Published 1.28.19
  7. This came out so cute! Looks like such an easy project.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

8. The Adored Life wrote:

This looks incredible! I LOVE how much imagination and love you put into this!

Published 1.28.19
  9. Looks amazing! I’m so jealous of your laundry room. We have a laundry closet…haha

Published 1.28.19

The space is so bright and airy now! I’d love folding clothes in there 🙂 xo, Biana

Published 1.28.19
  11. Wow, it looks sooo good! I love the folding table and the color you picked. So fresh and perfect as all your projects are!

Amy Ann