I’ve noticed a few new faces around here as of late. Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Some of my favorite posts to read are when I get to know more about the person behind the computer screen. It has been a long time since I’ve done that myself so that’s what we’re doing today. With a fun twist! I’m all about keeping things light and fun these days. What fun is this whole blogging thing if it gets too serious? Let’s break the ice! Here’s 9 quirky things you probably don’t know about me.
1. I only know how to tie things (shoes, bows, etc.) using the bunny ear method. Never caught onto the whole loop, swoop and pull thing.
2. If I’m opening a pop tab can, I first have to tap the top three times with my fingernail. Why? Not a clue. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember.
3. No matter where I’m going or how long I’ll be gone, I always brush my hair last thing before I leave. It’s also the first thing I do when I get home. Ryan once thought it’d be hilarious to hide my hairbrush, and let’s just say it didn’t go over very well.
4. I’ll only buy hardcover books with their original covers, not the movie version.
5. I don’t like bacon. Yep! I’m that 1% of the population that doesn’t like it. Oh well, #savethepigs.
6. My money-saving habits and tendencies can get so extreme that my mother now lovingly refers to me as a tightwad.
7. I can’t pronounce the word smorgasbord. Yes, I’m college-educated, but my brain and mouth just can’t wrap themselves around that damn word.
8. My idea of hell is a cluttered room. While I’m certainly not a minimalist, I can’t stand to have things unorganized and not where they “should be.” I guess some would consider me a perfectionist, but I just call it keeping my crap cleaned up.
9. I rarely do anything that involves even numbers. Gardening, home decorating, this blog post ( 😉 ) … I’m able to visualize things better as one or a group of three.
Okay, reading through these 9 quirky things you probably don’t know about me (but now you do!) make me seem a little nuts. Ha! But hey, we all have our “things.” Now it’s your turn! Tell me one quirky thing about yourself in the comments.
Also get to know me in 3’s!