9 Quirky Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me

I’ve noticed a few new faces around here as of late. Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Some of my favorite posts to read are when I get to know more about the person behind the computer screen. It has been a long time since I’ve done that myself so that’s what we’re doing today. With a fun twist! I’m all about keeping things light and fun these days. What fun is this whole blogging thing if it gets too serious? Let’s break the ice! Here’s 9 quirky things you probably don’t know about me.

9 Quirky Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

outfit details

1. I only know how to tie things (shoes, bows, etc.) using the bunny ear method. Never caught onto the whole loop, swoop and pull thing.

2. If I’m opening a pop tab can, I first have to tap the top three times with my fingernail. Why? Not a clue. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember.

3. No matter where I’m going or how long I’ll be gone, I always brush my hair last thing before I leave. It’s also the first thing I do when I get home. Ryan once thought it’d be hilarious to hide my hairbrush, and let’s just say it didn’t go over very well.

4. I’ll only buy hardcover books with their original covers, not the movie version.

5. I don’t like bacon. Yep! I’m that 1% of the population that doesn’t like it. Oh well, #savethepigs.

6. My money-saving habits and tendencies can get so extreme that my mother now lovingly refers to me as a tightwad.

7. I can’t pronounce the word smorgasbord. Yes, I’m college-educated, but my brain and mouth just can’t wrap themselves around that damn word.

8. My idea of hell is a cluttered room. While I’m certainly not a minimalist, I can’t stand to have things unorganized and not where they “should be.” I guess some would consider me a perfectionist, but I just call it keeping my crap cleaned up.

9. I rarely do anything that involves even numbers. Gardening, home decorating, this blog post ( 😉 ) … I’m able to visualize things better as one or a group of three.

Okay, reading through these 9 quirky things you probably don’t know about me (but now you do!) make me seem a little nuts. Ha! But hey, we all have our “things.” Now it’s your turn! Tell me one quirky thing about yourself in the comments.

Also get to know me in 3’s!

1. This is fun to learn about you! It’s these things that make us, us. Too funny about brushing your hair. Speaking of that, I love your hair curled!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I so agree, we all have our quirks. And, thank you! Glad I’ve finally figured out how to use the curling iron on short hair.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  2. Haha that’s too funny that you don’t like even numbers! I’m pretty much the opposite and don’t really like odd numbers! And I also agree that the original covers are the best!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  3. I totally used to do the tap the top of pop cans too! I still can’t get over how cute your short hair is!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Ryan always has thought that’s the weirdest quirk of mine, so I’m glad to hear someone else out there does it. Ha! And thank you!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

Really interesting about the even numbers and bacon…I love bacon lol! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I know I’m definitely in the minority of that one – I just can’t get myself to like the taste of it!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  5. I LOVE this! And you look so cute here! I definitely hate clutter too and am all about saving money and stretching a dollar lol.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Awe thanks babe! I never let my mom live it down that she calls me a tightwad, ha! Truth be told, though I don’t really mind because I’d rather save than spend anyway.

6. Ashley wrote:

Ah I hate a crazy cluttered and disorganized room too! Such a fun post to read!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Probably not the most unique quirk, but I seriously get into a bad mood if a room is horribly cluttered!

7. A wrote:

I also refuse to buy books that have the movie stars on the covers! I thought I was the only person who would even think of that, ha.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Haha, yay! It’s such a pet-peeve of mine. I’ll borrow books from people that have the movie cover, but I’ll never actually buy/own one if I want it in my own collection.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  8. lets start a ‘we hate bacon club’. you and me girl. i don’t like eating pigs because i love pigs, but i don’t mind the taste of ham and salami (i just don’t eat them) whereas i actively dislike the taste of bacon. blergh.
    i am in the minority with books and movie covers – they don’t bother me at all. if i had a choice, i’ll choose the non movie cover if they are side by side and same price, but i won’t not buy the movie cover if it’s there or cheaper lol. and i own 2 P&Ps with the 2005 cover and the 1995 BBC because i just had to.
    3 is my favourite number, but other than that, i am allllll about the even numbers.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Yes! Let’s do it. You were the only other person for a while that I knew other than me that didn’t like bacon, but it seems like there’s plenty of others based on this post. I’m with you that I just don’t even like the taste of bacon. I also don’t particularly care for ham, and salami is just okay. I try to avoid both a majority of the time.
      Even if the non-movie cover costs more, that’s the one I’ll buy. I figure the book came first, it deserves it’s original cover lol.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I don’t hate bacon, but could live without it for sure! Now sausage on the other hand… Hmmm. I will NOT touch seafood. It has nothing to do with the taste at all, it just completely grosses me out. To me it’s no different than eating a snake. Snakes and all sea creatures are the same to me. I know, I’m insane…

• Mia- MakeMeUpMia wrote:

Oh and PS- I’m obsessed with the way you’re styling your hair, toooooo cute!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Haha, this is cracking me up! I could totally see that about seafood … I love seafood, but now that you’re saying that I’m going to look twice at it. 😉 And thank you for the extra hair comment, you’re the sweetest!

10. Brittany Steinkamp wrote:

Love this post! And love new layout! I am with you on #4 – I would never buy a movie version book cover!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thanks, girly! And, YES – so glad it’s not just me. Books should keep their original covers – I don’t care if there’s a movie involved, the book came first.

11. My best friend HATES bacon. I can’t handle it lol

Before my kindle I bought books with the soft cover because I don’t like the feeling of hardcover books.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Haha so glad your best friend and I have something in common! As I already told you, I get so much crap for that quirk. I could totally see that about hardcover vs paperback books – paperbacks are so much easier to hold/bend!

12. Caroline wrote:

# 6 is a good thing!! When I was in college I was not very responsible with money but after that I learned haha. 🙂 I am also surprised that you don’t like bacon! Oh and love your outfit too!! 🙂

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I agree! My mom is totally just teasing me, but I can be rather psychotic about saving money. I get a lot of crap for not liking bacon, it’s just not my thing!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  13. This is such a cute post! I also don’t like bacon. Ha!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

This really made me laugh, especially #6 – I don’t think you’ll ever get over that! I probably have too many quirks to mention, most of which you know!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  15. I NEVER brush my hair…. like the only time I brush it is when I get out of the shower….These are so fun, I may have to do something similar on MSV!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • You actually take better care of your hair then – I know you’re not supposed to brush your hair a lot, but I seriously can’t help it. I think it’s a nervous habit or something. Can’t wait to see your own take on this post if you do it!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts