1.17.18 58

What I’m Looking Forward to in Early 2018

I’m a firm believer in having something to look forward to. That way, no matter what’s going on in life you know that something good is on the horizon. It’s an instant mood-booster, in my opinion! (I even mentioned it as a tip in this post). While it wasn’t intentional to have a few major events planned so close together, I’m glad for it now – especially since I’m still battling those dreadful winter blues. So, here’s what I’m looking forward to in early 2018!

What I'm Looking Forward to in Early 2018

Turning 29 and our annual winter vacation. The big 2-9 is on the horizon the end of February! It both terrifies and excites me to be entering the last year in my twenties. The end of last year was pretty much shit, so I’m hoping that this birthday year goes a little better. And, what better way to start it than with our annual winter vacation! Guess where we’re going … DISNEY WORLD. AGAIN. Yep, #cantstopwontstop. We love Disney, and we love Orlando. It’s oddly relaxing to us, and we know that we’re guaranteed to have a good, fun time. Why change what works?

Bucket list country concert. We scored tickets to Kenny Chesney at Miller Park in Milwaukee for the end of April! Going to one of his concerts has been a must-do for us for a long time. In all honesty, I’m not even the biggest fan of his, but apparently his concerts are so fun and basically a party. Sounds like something we need to experience. Plus, Thomas Rhett and Old Dominion (one of my absolute favorites) also are playing with him, so it was worth the money.

My last bridesmaid gig. A close friend of ours is getting married in May, which will be fun because 1. Ryan and I get a little weekend away together; 2. we’re both in the wedding (Ryan is an usher); and 3. this will mark the the end of my bridesmaid era. Don’t get me wrong – it has been fun and an honor to stand next to my friends in recent years as they say I do, but girlfriend is tired and broke. (kidding! … kind of) Anyway, it should be a fun weekend of celebrating and being with friends. That’s what it’s all about!

Blog rebrand and revamp! After nearly four years of blogging, I’m thinking that it’s time for a fresh start. During the time I took between Christmas and New Year’s, I contemplated giving up this blog altogether. I was (and still am some days) over it. BUT, I’m not ready to give up writing and sharing things that I love and am passionate about. It’s time to put aside the comparison game – I just want to be me! Starting with a new name … Miss in the Midwest hardly represents who I am anymore (did it ever, really?), so that’s where I’m starting. Stay tuned for updates! 😉

Obviously, these are just a few of the major things of what I’m looking forward to in early 2018. I’m sure the year will hold a lot more, such as house projects (seriously, it never ends), continuing to work on my fitness, and celebrating 10 years together and five years married to Ryan come October (say what?!). There’s also some personal goals and dreams that I hope to make a reality this year, none of which I’m ready to discuss or put out there. Just keep your fingers crossed for me, will you?

Anything special or fun that you’re looking forward to in the coming months?

1. So many fun things going on for you on 2018! Cute post!

2. Ashley wrote:

I haven’t been to Disney since I was little, but keep hearing so many great things about going as adults! I can’t wait to see the blog re-design and new name!!

Published 1.28.19
    • Well, since this is our third year in a row going to Disney we obviously think it’s fun as adults! Ha! And thanks, girl – looking forward to the changes.

Published 1.28.19
  3. So many fun things to look forward too! I’m so jealous you guys are going to Disney again! What a fun place! Seriously, though… is this month over yet?!

Published 1.28.19
    • We are aware there are so many other places that we want to travel to, but … we just can’t quit Disney. Ha! Like I said, we just need a guaranteed good time after the last few months. I can’t wait for January to be over!

Published 1.28.19
  4. Oh Disney sounds like so much fun and you’ll love Kenny Chesney! He’s so fun to see in concert! 🙂

Published 1.28.19
  5. You’re going to have such a fun 2018!

6. Caroline wrote:

It is always great to have something to look forward to during the winter. Yay to the trips and looking forward to seeing the new blog name! 🙂

7. Carly wrote:

I hope 29 is awesome for you! I just turned 30 and feel so old now that I officially have a 3 before my age 🙁
    Excited to see the blog re-branding. I started my blog with a blog designer and was so glad I did. I can highly recommend White Oak Creative to you. Lindsay Humes, the designer, is amazing and has great customer service

Carly at A Modern Mom Blog

8. A wrote:

I think having things to look forward to definitely helps! Glad you decided to keep blogging!

9. Jessica wrote:

I can’t wait to see what you do with the new blog! NEW content? NEW look? Oh I’m super excited!! Thank you for always stopping by!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Published 1.28.19
  10. Somehow I think I missed this post earlier?! First, SO glad you decided not to quit- Yours is pretty much the only one I read regularly:)! Also, definitely feel on you being a bridesmaid! It’s so fun, but definitely a separate budget item for us! Andddd I’m jealous you’re going to Disney- Brett just got back and I want to go so badly!

Published 1.28.19
    • Thanks, sweet friend! That means SO much to me and helps in the motivation department. Oh gosh, being a bridesmaid is so fun but dang is it expensive! This upcoming wedding is a double-whammy, too since Ryan also is in it. My vote is that you get yourself and sweet baby girl to Disney after she arrives! 🙂

Published 1.28.19
  11. Somehow I think I missed this post earlier?! First, SO glad you decided not to quit- Yours is pretty much the only one I read regularly:)! Also, definitely feel on you being a bridesmaid! It’s so fun, but definitely a separate budget item for us! Andddd I’m jealous you’re going to Disney- Brett just got back and I want to go so badly!

Published 2.6.18

Published 2.6.18
  12. Jessica wrote:

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Published 1.18.18
  13. Carly wrote:

Carly at A Modern Mom Blog

Published 1.18.18
    • Love Lindsay! My current theme is one of her old premade themes, and she is so helpful.

Published 1.21.18
  14. So many fun things going on for you on 2018! Cute post!

Published 1.18.18
  15. A wrote:

16. Caroline wrote:

Published 1.17.18
  17. I’m a big believer in always having something to look forward to as well. Vacations, concerts, weddings, all amazing things to keep winter spirits high <3

Green Fashionista

Published 1.28.19
  18. I’m a big believer in always having something to look forward to as well. Vacations, concerts, weddings, all amazing things to keep winter spirits high <3

Green Fashionista

Published 1.17.18
  19. You’re going to have such a fun 2018!

Published 1.17.18
  20. So many fun things to look forward too! I’m so jealous you guys are going to Disney again! What a fun place! Seriously, though… is this month over yet?!

Published 1.21.18
  21. Oh Disney sounds like so much fun and you’ll love Kenny Chesney! He’s so fun to see in concert! 🙂

Published 1.17.18
    • We can’t wait! Plus with the other two performers I think it’s going to be a killer concert.

Published 1.21.18
  22. Ashley wrote:

Published 1.21.18
  23. Kelsey Peacock wrote:

Disney will be so fun! I love the Orlando area. Can’t wait to see your blog changes! Sometimes a name & design refresh is just needed! Wishing you luck in all your personal goals this year!
    Kelsey

24. Kelsey Peacock wrote:

Kelsey

Published 1.17.18

So glad that you have some fun things planned for the beginning of 2018! Of course I’m looking forward to having Finn! Can’t wait to see the changes you make to the blog, I’m sure it will be better than ever!

Published 1.17.18
    • I’m excited to get to work on all the changes! Finn will be happy to be with you next month. 🙂

Published 1.21.18

So many things to look forward to in 2018! Trips are always my favorite thing to look forward to for sure. And yay for a blog revamp! I feel like I need to do that soon too since I haven’t in like 2 or 3 years!

Published 1.17.18
  28. You certainly have a lot to look forward to in 2018! We love Disney World over here too, no shame in our game!! Can’t wait to see what happens next with the blog.

Published 1.17.18

Having trips to look forward to, especially in the winter is what keeps me going! I’m looking forward to Ireland in March 🙂 xo,Biana-BlovedBoston