1.29.18 56

Thinking of Spring Closet Additions

Hey! Hope you had a nice weekend. We had a mild winter-warmup here in Wisconsin, and it was damn glorious. Who knew 40 degrees could feel like 65?! With sunshine on my face and warmer weather on the mind, of course I’m now thinking of spring closet additions.

Thinking of Spring Closet Additions

Affiliate links are used in this post. See sidebar for more details.
floral dress | sunnies | button-up tie-front blouse | shorts | v-neck tee | loafers | striped dress

We’re headed to Florida the end of February, so I figure it’s okay to shop a little early for the warmer months. At least, that’s the justification I’m telling myself so I’m sticking to it. 😉

Speaking of Florida, I was in the market for a non-distressed pair of shorts and American Eagle once again delivered. These are my favorite tom girl fit – not too short and not too loose/tight. Basically they’re denim perfection. Combine them with a classic v-neck tee, and I give you my entire vacation wardrobe.

By the way, buy your tees in tall if you like them a little longer! This has been a game-changing tip for me.

The pointed-toe loafers are en route to my doorstep, and I cannot WAIT to get them. After seeing Lindsay share them, I headed straight to Target to try on the black pair (I wear an 8 for reference). They’re comfortable and will easily be my most-worn shoe come spring/summer. How cute will they be paired with the casual striped dress? Guarantee you’ll be seeing me in that outfit a whole lot.

When I wrote about things I’m looking forward to throughout the next few months, it occurred to me that I need a dress (or two) for my friend’s upcoming wedding festivities. I tend to gravitate toward midi dresses, and I love this floral number from Express. The deep v neck and leg slit give it a little edge. This is another pretty option, but I’m unsure how the color would suit my skin tone.

And, of course – we can’t forget about a fresh pair of sunnies! Sunglasses are easily my favorite accessory. Pretty sure Ryan is going to disown me if I come home with another pair. This inexpensive pair recently arrived from Amazon (here’s more of my recent Amazon purchases), and I. LOVE. THEM. They’re the perfect size, and the color scheme is even prettier in person.

That’s what I’m thinking of spring closet additions for now at least! Stores seem to roll out new goodies on the daily, so I’m excited to see what else will come out as the warmer weather makes it’s way to us for good!

Have you started shopping for spring yet? Any good finds?

1. Love those shorts! They really look like they would be the perfect length/fit. I’m going to have to order a pair and try them out!

Published 1.28.19
    • They really are perfect! I typically don’t like wearing shorts, but these don’t make me feel self-conscious at all.

Published 1.28.19

Loving that striped dress and those loafers!! So many cute things!

Published 1.28.19

I can totally see you rocking that striped dress girl and I think I need it too! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

4. Caroline wrote:

YES to those shorts and that striped dress!!! It basically felt like summer here this weekend too haha. 🙂

Published 1.28.19
  5. Loving that floral dress! I’m so over this depressed winter state we’re currently in here. It’s so cloudy and dreary, and I’m ready for sunshine and warmth lol.

Published 1.28.19
    • I’m with you! It’s so hard to get motivated when it’s so cold outside. I just want to wear pajamas and stay in bed, lol.

Published 1.28.19
  6. So many great picks! Love the denim shorts!

Published 1.28.19

Very cute additions to your closet, you have the perfect excuse to shop right now for your FL trip! I’m looking forward to shopping for some Spring finds of my own!

Published 1.28.19
  8. Yes to all of this! I am definitely going to go with American Eagle for more denim shorts this spring/summer. Those were my favorite last year! And I love those sunnies! What a great deal!! Thanks for the mention today! xoxo

Published 1.28.19
    • Thank you for leading me to those flats, haha. I just love them! Those AE shorts are the best – I’m sure you’ll love ’em as much as last year!

Published 1.28.19
  9. Why do I always forget to check American Eagle for denim?! I need to make a stop there soon, love those shorts <3

Green Fashionista

Published 1.28.19
  10. Love those tan loafers! I just bought a tan slide like them.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Published 1.28.19
  11. Does shoooing for spring baby clothes count lol! Those loafers are super adorable though and I might have to snag a pair too! Flats are pretty much all I wear, especially in the office.

Published 1.28.19
    • Haha, that totally counts as I’m sure that’s just as (if not more) fun. 🙂 The loafers would be perfect for the office.

12. Jessica wrote:

I’m also going to Florida for the first time in February! I haven’t bought anything for the trip as I’m trying to just shop from my closet!!
    Thank you for always stopping by! xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Published 1.28.19
  13. Oh my gosh- that idea of ordering tall! I NEED to do that, because I hate shorter shirts!! You should post the dresses you get for the weddings, I’d love to see them!

Published 1.28.19
    • Isn’t that seriously the best tip ever?! It has been a game-changer for me! No more short shirts/you don’t have to worry about shrinking issues in the wash. Bonus. I definitely will post either here or on Instagram if/when I pick up those dresses – I’ve been stalking Express waiting for a sale or coupon!

Published 1.28.19
  14. Oh my gosh- that idea of ordering tall! I NEED to do that, because I hate shorter shirts!! You should post the dresses you get for the weddings, I’d love to see them!

Published 2.6.18

Published 2.6.18
  15. Jessica wrote:

Thank you for always stopping by! xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Published 1.30.18

I am so ready for spring (as it snows here today) and we’re heading to FL in February too and I cannot wait to get to some warm weather! I love that white tie blouse the most!

Published 1.30.18
  18. Love those tan loafers! I just bought a tan slide like them.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Published 1.29.18
  19. Does shoooing for spring baby clothes count lol! Those loafers are super adorable though and I might have to snag a pair too! Flats are pretty much all I wear, especially in the office.

Published 1.29.18

Published 1.30.18
  20. Caroline wrote:

Published 1.29.18
  21. Why do I always forget to check American Eagle for denim?! I need to make a stop there soon, love those shorts <3

Green Fashionista

Published 1.29.18
  22. Yes to all of this! I am definitely going to go with American Eagle for more denim shorts this spring/summer. Those were my favorite last year! And I love those sunnies! What a great deal!! Thanks for the mention today! xoxo

Published 1.29.18
    • Thank you for leading me to those flats, haha. I just love them! Those AE shorts are the best – I’m sure you’ll love ‘em as much as last year!

Published 1.30.18

Published 1.29.18
  24. So many great picks! Love the denim shorts!

Published 1.29.18

Loving that striped dress and those loafers!! So many cute things!

Published 1.29.18
  26. Loving that floral dress! I’m so over this depressed winter state we’re currently in here. It’s so cloudy and dreary, and I’m ready for sunshine and warmth lol.

Published 1.29.18

Published 1.30.18

Published 1.29.18
  28. Love those shorts! They really look like they would be the perfect length/fit. I’m going to have to order a pair and try them out!

Published 1.29.18