Coffee with Karly | Mid-Week Chit Chat

Hi there! I had a different post planned for today, but I want to sit down for a little coffee with Karly mid-week chit chat. Sometimes it’s nice to just write whatever is on my mind, you know?

Coffee with Karly Mid-Week Chit Chat

outfit details

The most-exciting news around here lately – WE’RE GOING TO SEE ELTON JOHN ON HIS FAREWELL TOUR NEXT FEBRUARY! Yep, still mildly freaking out about it. I can’t believe we have to wait a whole year, but it’ll be worth it. It’ll be the best week-early 30th birthday present and celebration.

Remember when I mentioned that changes are coming to the blog? Well, I’m hard at work over here to make that happen! Especially can’t wait to share the new domain name – eek! I wanted the big switch to coincide with my four-year blogging anniversary, but February is going to be a bit of a shit show … so that’s probably not going to happen. Realistically, I’m aiming for the beginning of March. Yay! I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop since my site will most likely be down for several days while I get everything new uploaded and ready.

Also on that note. Content won’t drastically change or anything, but I’m open to hearing what you guys want to read more/less of. Reader surveys don’t usually work out for me, so just let me know in the comments or shoot me an email. I’ve had a lot of questions about my fitness and diet routine as of late, so already plan on there being some posts on that topic.

Justin Timberlake + Chris Stapleton = MUSIC GOLD. Can’t wait for halftime during the big game Sunday … oh, and to sob uncontrollably during This is Us afterward. I’m not sure I’m emotionally stable to handle it.

My latest haircut inspiration.

The laundry room is progressing great! Did you catch my inspiration board for the space? Walls are painted, and new cabinets are up. It has been a nice change of pace to have a renovation actually not be that big of deal and/or have any issues (so far). I try to share progress updates on Instagram Stories, so follow me over there if you’re interested!

My skin has decided to revert back to it’s teenage-ways. I’m not sure what the deal is – with the exception of high stress and anxiety lately – but my current skincare routine isn’t cutting it anymore. I’m thinking of giving First Aid Beauty a try. Does anybody else have experience with this line and products?

I’ve been incorporating a few of these workout moves into my routine, and they really are effective!

And, that’s all for this edition of coffee with Karly mid-week chit chat. 🙂 Hard to believe that we’re about to enter into February! Sheesh, 2018 – time continues to fly. We have a jam-packed month ahead of us, so I’m just trying to stay organized and on top of everything without losing my sanity … easier said than done, for sure. At least vacation is the light at the end of the (very long) tunnel!

What have you been getting up to lately? Any exciting life happenings? Let’s chat!

So exciting about the concert! The way time is flying I bet that will actually be here before we know it!

2. Kelsey Peacock wrote:

Can’t wait to see the blog changes! Especially the new name. My skin hit a total freakout at 28 which was hard for me because I had always had naturally great skin. I have started getting facials at least every other month which has helped a TON. Also, I started using 100% pure makeup/skincare and that has made a huge difference as well! That and a ton of water.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Thank you! You’re so lucky that you never experienced breakouts until recently – I’ve been dealing with it most of my life, so it’s nothing new. Facials haven’t always agreed with my skin in the past, but maybe I need to do it on a more regular basis to see results. Drinking water, as you know, is not an issue over here because of my fitness! I think it’s just a crappy time of year overall for skin health.

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

My skin is doing the exact same thing. SO frustrating! Let me know what you find to work because I’m desperate! And can’t wait to see what your new blog has in store!!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I will definitely report back on what I try/what works/doesn’t. I picked up a starter kit of First Aid Beauty stuff yesterday at Ulta, so we’ll see. And, thanks girl! I hope I’ll be happier with some of the changes that I’m making. 🙂

4. A wrote:

First Aid Beauty is great. I also have sensitive skin (both redness and breakouts) and their moisturizer is really helpful and doesn’t make me break out. I also use their red clay mask, and I find it works very well in keeping my skin clearer (just make sure you don’t keep it on longer than the package says – did that once and it wasn’t pretty, but totally my fault).

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • I’m so happy to hear someone else who’s used their stuff – I bought a little starter pack yesterday at Ulta, so we’ll see. Anything at this point can help!

5. Caroline wrote:

That is super exciting about Elton John!! I haven’t been to a concert in years. I wanted to see the Foo Fighters at Wrigley but of course that sold out in a hot minute!! Grr. Anyways… super cute outfit and yes to JT even though I’m more of a Backstreet Boys fan haha. 🙂

6. The Adored Life wrote:

YAY FOR THE TICKETS! Omg I cannot even imagine!
    The Adored Life

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  7. I’m totally going to sob during This Is Us too! I basically started crying when I watched the preview for this week! And hooray for a new blog and everything! I know that it’s a lot of work to get things transferred so I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Right?! I was the same! I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the whole episode when I can barely watch the preview. Thank you so much! Definitely a lot of work going into it, but I hope that I’ll be happier with it when it’s finished. 🙂

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  8. Ughhh I need to catch up on This Is Us! I haven’t watched any of this season and I feel so behind in life overall 😂 Can’t wait to see all the up and coming blog changes!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Haha, I know the feeling! I’ve pretty much been running around with my head cut off lately. Get ready for This is Us – it’s been a real doozy of a season so far. Thanks for stopping by, girl!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

The latest JT song is definitely my favorite and that video is just amazing!! So awesome that you scored tickets to see Elton John – it’s amazing that his farewell tour is 3 years LONG! xo,Biana-BlovedBoston

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Oh my gosh, is it really?! Haha. I had no idea! I thought it just started this year and carried into next year some. Either way, I’m so excited!

10. Julie wrote:

I feel your pain, Karly…My skin still hasn’t realized it’s supposed to move past the teenage years! Recently discovered Odacite Black Cumin Cajeput serum and it is MAGIC. My skin hasn’t been this clear in years. The serum smells a little peppery, but it’s not too bad and it fades quickly. Very worth it for the effects. Good luck on your skincare search!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Oh! I haven’t heard of that, but I’ll look into it. I’m always all ears if someone says something is skin magic. I can use all the magic in that department, ha!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  11. SO exciting that you’re going to see Elton John! And I’m super excited for the halftime show, get it JT! Can’t wait to see the laundry room come together, as I’m hoping that’s our next house project to tackle <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
    • Yes, JT! I’ll be listening to his new album at the gym today to get ready. 🙂 The laundry room is moving along pretty fast, so I’m excited to hopefully share it in the next month or so!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I’m very excited for you to see Elton John, he is amazing and worth every penny! JT is about the only thing I’m looking forward to on Super Bowl Sunday! Looking forward to the changes to the blog, I’m sure it will be great!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  13. Such a cute post and love JT!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  14. I’m excited to follow along on this blog revamp!!! I love all your posts, so I just want more of the same! I always appreciate your make up and home decor posts- I’ve actually gone to your blog when hunting for a specific shade at the drug store before!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  15. I’m excited to follow along on this blog revamp!!! I love all your posts, so I just want more of the same! I always appreciate your make up and home decor posts- I’ve actually gone to your blog when hunting for a specific shade at the drug store before!

Posted 2.6.18 Reply
    • Awe, thanks girl! That gives me motivation that I’m severely lacking right now, lol. 🙂

Posted 2.6.18 Reply

Posted 2.3.18 Reply
  17. Ughhh I need to catch up on This Is Us! I haven’t watched any of this season and I feel so behind in life overall 😂 Can’t wait to see all the up and coming blog changes!

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  18. I’m totally going to sob during This Is Us too! I basically started crying when I watched the preview for this week! And hooray for a new blog and everything! I know that it’s a lot of work to get things transferred so I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  19. The Adored Life wrote:

YAY FOR THE TICKETS! Omg I cannot even imagine!
    The Adored Life

20. Caroline wrote:

21. A wrote:

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  22. SO exciting that you’re going to see Elton John! And I’m super excited for the halftime show, get it JT! Can’t wait to see the laundry room come together, as I’m hoping that’s our next house project to tackle <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  23. Kelsey Peacock wrote:

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  24. Julie wrote:

Posted 2.2.18 Reply

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  27. Such a cute post and love JT!

Posted 2.2.18 Reply