Coffee Talk #6 | Currents & Slow Start to 2018

Long time no talk! Happy New Year! I hope that 2018 is off to a great start for all of you. Normally I’d share my monthly currents today (you can see last month’s post here), but I’m still slowly easing back into things and didn’t feel like creating a graphic. (#lazy) Instead, I’m combining currents and coffee talk to catch up a bit. Let’s go!

Coffee Talk #6

That’s one of maybe five pictures I’ve managed to take in the last couple weeks. I really made a point to disconnect during the holidays, and it was a ridiculously good feeling. That’s probably why I’m having such a difficult time getting back to this whole blog and social media thing – I haven’t posted to Instagram since Christmas. THE HORROR! (Not.)

To be totally honest, December was a tough month – it took a toll on me, my marriage and kind of just everything. While we enjoyed time with family for Christmas, overall this wasn’t a holiday season I care to remember. I’m happy to have all our Christmas decor packed away and the house back to normal. A good clean slate for the new year.

Have you seen The Greatest Showman yet?! YOU GUYS. THE MUSIC. OH MY GOD. That was our movie of choice for New Year’s Eve, and I’m so happy that we ended the year on such an upbeat, positive note. The music is some of the most inspiring that I’ve heard lately. This is Me might as well be my new life anthem. Ryan can’t stop listening to the music either, and considering he’s not usually one much for musicals that’s saying something.

How to Find Love in a Bookshop might be my new favorite book! I considered rereading it the second I finished the last page. I just love it oh so much and highly recommend if you need a feel-good story.

I’m still loving my short hair! Not sure I’ll ever go back to hair as long as I had before. Next appointment, though I think I might go for a more traditional lob/bob instead of having it longer in the front like it is now. This is kind of what I’m thinking.

We need a new binge-worthy show. Recommendations? I still have to jump on the Mrs. Maisel bandwagon. And, only a couple more weeks until season two of Victoria!

I’m planning to do a new beauty-related post soon, but the Bareminerals BarePro liquid foundation is a product I want to shout about from rooftops. SO GOOD. Full coverage with a natural look and weightless feel. I’ve worn nothing else lately.

That’s all I have for today! Hopefully I’ll be back up to normal speed next week. Until then, cheers to the short week and almost weekend!

Linking up with Kristen.

1. Ashley wrote:

I really want to see The Greatest Showman! Everyone keeps raving about it. Short hair looks fantastic on you girl!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

I’m sorry that the holiday season wasn’t the best, but hoping the fresh start in the new year is just what you needed!! We will definitely be going to the movies this weekend so perhaps the Greatest showman is what we’ll see! xo, biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  3. I feel you on the getting back into the swing of things with social media! I feel like I haven’t taken a whole lot of pictures that are Instagram worthy lately so I haven’t been posting a whole lot. Hopefully we can both get back into the swing of things, and hopefully things are a lot better for you now that the holidays have passed!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  4. Caroline wrote:

Happy New Year lady!!! 🙂 I will have to check out that book and I would like to see that movie. Looking forward to reading more posts next week and I hope that you are staying warm!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  5. so sorry to hear about december and the holiday season overall girl. hope everything is okay. always here if you need to chat or vent! i really want to see The Greatest Showman and that book is on my list!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  6. so sorry to hear about december and the holiday season overall girl. hope everything is okay. always here if you need to chat or vent! i really want to see The Greatest Showman and that book is on my list!

Posted 1.8.18 Reply
  7. I was the same way with social media over Christmas break. It felt amazing to really disconnect. And I need to watch the Greatest Showman- everyone says it’s great!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  8. I was the same way with social media over Christmas break. It felt amazing to really disconnect. And I need to watch the Greatest Showman- everyone says it’s great!

Posted 1.8.18 Reply
    • We really loved it, the music is great! So glad you enjoyed your social media break over the holidays, too.

Posted 1.9.18 Reply
  9. I’m totally with you on the Greatest Showman! Such an amazing movie! I was watching the Golden Globes last night thinking it should have won more than it did!

Posted 1.8.18 Reply
    • I agree with you, but I was glad that they won for original song – I’m not sure how any other movie could beat them in that category this year!

Posted 1.8.18 Reply
  10. I feel you on the getting back into the swing of things with social media! I feel like I haven’t taken a whole lot of pictures that are Instagram worthy lately so I haven’t been posting a whole lot. Hopefully we can both get back into the swing of things, and hopefully things are a lot better for you now that the holidays have passed!

Posted 1.7.18 Reply
    • Thanks, friend! I’m definitely glad to be past the holidays, but I’m still getting back into a normal routine! I’m pretty sure any pictures of those sweet girls are gold. 🙂

Posted 1.7.18 Reply

Posted 1.5.18 Reply
  12. Still loving your new do too, so chic! Sorry it wasn’t the best holiday season, but so glad you were able to unplug and just be. Sending lots of hugs girlie <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  13. Still loving your new do too, so chic! Sorry it wasn’t the best holiday season, but so glad you were able to unplug and just be. Sending lots of hugs girlie <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 1.5.18 Reply
  14. Ashley wrote:

Posted 1.5.18 Reply
  15. Monica L wrote:

I LOVED that movie. The music was indeed amazing!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  16. Monica L wrote:

I LOVED that movie. The music was indeed amazing!

Posted 1.4.18 Reply

Just love seeing that picture of all of you in front of our tree! I’m anxious to get everything put away now that the holidays are over, just wish there would have been more time to enjoy all of it and all of you! I’m looking forward to seeing The Greatest Showman now, and since I’d like to do more reading this year I’m looking forward to reading that book! Dying for Victoria to start again, but I still need to watch all of The Crown. Maybe after my chores are done……

Posted 1.28.19 Reply

Posted 1.4.18 Reply
    • I think you’ll love that book once I get it back to you – instantly one of my new favorites!

Posted 1.7.18 Reply
  19. Elizabeth wrote:

That movie is on our to-do list for the weekend! I’ve heard a lot of great things about it. Victoria is one of the books I have in my 2018 stack to read so I’m trying to hold off on seeing the series before I finish the book.

Posted 1.4.18 Reply
    • Good thinking! I’ve had the book on my shelf for a while now, too, but am still hooked on the show. It’s so good! Hope you liked the movie!

Posted 1.7.18 Reply
  20. Sorry to hear about your holidays. That’s what I love about new years/months/weeks- just put it all in the past and try to move on. Good luck!! I love your haircut..looks so great on you. Wish I could pull off that style or color! Lately I’ve been bingeing all of the cooking/baking shows (Top Chef, MasterChef, Great British Bake Off, Family Cooking Showdown…) and also watching Dark on netflix!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  21. Sorry to hear about your holidays. That’s what I love about new years/months/weeks- just put it all in the past and try to move on. Good luck!! I love your haircut..looks so great on you. Wish I could pull off that style or color! Lately I’ve been bingeing all of the cooking/baking shows (Top Chef, MasterChef, Great British Bake Off, Family Cooking Showdown…) and also watching Dark on netflix!

Posted 1.4.18 Reply
  22. It’s so nice to just ‘unplug’ sometimes, especially around the holidays! I hope you are feeling refreshed for the new year! I need to watch that movie! I’ve heard good things too!

Posted 1.28.19 Reply
  23. It’s so nice to just ‘unplug’ sometimes, especially around the holidays! I hope you are feeling refreshed for the new year! I need to watch that movie! I’ve heard good things too!

Posted 1.4.18 Reply