Monthly Currents for October 2017

Hello from the beach! Even though we’re away on vacation, I didn’t want to miss the linkup with Kristen. So, let’s jump right into my monthly currents for October 2017.

Monthly Currents for October 2017

A few affiliate links are used in this post. Thanks for helping me make a couple cents!

Celebrating | four years of marriage with Ryan! We’ve also been together nine years as of yesterday. I’m so thankful for my teammate on this journey, and there’s nobody else I’d rather share my life with. Saying I do to Ryan four years ago was the easiest and best decision I’ve made yet. I love you, bub!

Craving | cold weather comfort food – chili, soups, casseroles. If you can make it in the slow cooker, I want it.

Working on | brainstorming ideas and a pro/con list of re-branding this here blog.

Enjoying | running without an agenda. While it’s motivating to run with an end-game, such as a 5k, it’s even more relaxing and good for my mind to just run with no goal. My head is clearest for this one hour out of the day.

Feeling | content. My mood and emotions have been on such a roller coaster these days that it’s nice for once to feel okay and at peace with things. It’s a good mindset/place to be.

Reading | just finished Hello, Sunshine by Laura Dave. Since I’m writing this pre-vacation, I’m most likely now reading Big Little Lies by Lianne Moriarty (FINALLY!). My monthly book post will be up next Tuesday!

Listening to | Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson – I’m obsessed with this new sound of hers – Brett Young, and lots of Kelsea Ballerini.

Watching | Lady Gaga’s Five Foot Two documentary on Netflix. If you love Lady Gaga, then this is a must-watch. You’ll see a whole different side of her and probably feel a little sad, too. There were parts that even made me cry.

Wearing | e.l.f. Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Stain in Dewy Berry. Monday’s post was all about new and rediscovered makeup, so go check out that post for more details!

Loving | that all the fall T.V. shows – and some new ones! – are back on. Anybody else watching Outlander? I’m also not sure how I lived without This is Us all summer.

Looking forward to | a quiet few weeks post-vacation to soak up all the Midwest fall goodness before it’s time to start planning holiday festivities!

What’s going on with you? What are your favorite fall T.V. shows?

Linking up for What’s New With You?

1. Happy Anniversary! I’m so happy This is Us is back on! And I can’t wait to bring out the crockpot! It’s finally cooling down here in NC!

Posted 10.17.17 Reply
  2. Laura wrote:

Happy anniversary! I’m so glad This Is Us is back! Finally!!

Posted 10.8.17 Reply
  3. Happy Anniversary! That lip color looks so pretty and I love the packaging!

Posted 10.6.17 Reply
  4. Akaleistar wrote:

I keep hearing great things about Five Foot Two! And, Happy Anniversary!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  5. Happy Anniversary and I hope you’re having such a nice vacation!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  6. happy anniversary! loved the throwback pictures on instagram. so freaking cute! i like running without a race on the horizon. it’s good for my mental health i think, not always thinking about what i ‘have’ to do. glad you’re feeling content or in a good place, i’m always here if you’re not in that place and want to vent! i am not watching outlander because i’ve only seen the first season.. i meant to read the second book before i got to the second season but now i’m a whole season behind so i don’t know what to do. i need more! have you seen the video where they went to couples therapy? laurie posted about it today and i tried to watch it but got way too giggly at work so i’m waiting till i get home lol

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
    • Thank you! That one picture I shared is still one of my favorites of Ryan and I. I agree that running without a race in mind is a nice change from wanting to do it to having to do it. Wait, on Outlander they go to couples therapy?! I’ll have to go find that video. I think I’ll read the books eventually since I love the show so much.

Posted 10.8.17 Reply
      • did you find the video? it’s supposed to be a joke i think and it is hilarious

Posted 10.9.17 Reply
  7. It’s so crazy that the holidays will be here before we know it! And I hope that you’re having the best time relaxing at the beach and celebrating your anniversary! I can’t wait for it to cool down so I have an excuse to eat all of the soup and chili from the crockpot that I can!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
    • Bring on the fall weather and comfort food! I seriously can’t wait. And when did the holidays arrive?! Can’t believe we are entering that time of year.

Posted 10.8.17 Reply
  8. Julie wrote:

That’s awesome, happy anniversary!

And yes to fall food!! I’ve been all about the soup. If you’re a fan of broccoli cheese, I posted this on my blog last week and it’s delish, if I do say so myself: bakingandotherimportantmatters.com/broccoli-cheese-soup-with-personality

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

Happy Anniversary to you and Ryan, what a wonderful 4 years it has been! So happy to have Ryan as part of our family. Enjoy what’s left of your time at the beach!! I’m anxious to watch the Lady Gaga documentary, and I’m already behind on all the new tv shows!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

Happy anniversary girl! Wishing you many more years of happiness and hope you’re having a wonderful vacation!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  11. Happy anniversary!

I made soup for the first time of the season this week.

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  12. Happy 4 years!! I’m craving all the fall comfort food too. So glad fall TV is back!! Our DVR is already filling up and I can’t wait for cozy cold days at home to watch all the good shows!
    Kelsey

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  13. shootingstarsmag wrote:

I’m curious about Hello, Sunshine! I hope you enjoyed it. Congrats on 4 years!! 🙂 I really do want to watch Five Foot Two. I’ll have to make time for that – I love Lady Gaga, and I’d LOVE to see her live someday. It’ll happen!!

Lauren

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
    • Thank you! Hello, Sunshine wasn’t what I expected, but I did enjoy it. You’ll love Five Foot Two if you love Lady Gaga!

Posted 10.8.17 Reply
  14. Ashley wrote:

Happy 4 years to you two!! Hope you’re having the best time at the beach and enjoying the relaxation!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply