Fall Scenes Around Our Home

I’m getting this post up a little later than planned, but it’s better than never! As promised a few weeks back, today I’m sharing some of the fall scenes around our home.

Fall Scenes Around Our Home

I think like one affiliate link is in this post … Thanks for helping me make a few cents at no extra cost to you!

As with most of my decorating (with the exception of Christmas), I didn’t do a huge overhaul for the fall season. Instead, I just swapped a few things here and there that mix with our everyday decor. My motto was to keep things simple and neutral – no shocker there! – and when all else fails, throw in a pumpkin.

The only place that I use some color is our front entryway. It cracks me up that this was our first “renovation,” and the space still looks exactly the same three years later. Some things are just better left as is. Anyway, I love that the traditional fall foliage stems bring a little bit of the outside in. And, no fall decor is complete with out at least one favorite seasonal quote print. Holy blurry photo, Batman! Sorry about that …

Fall 2017 entrywayEtsy fall quote print

I was most excited to jazz up our faux fireplace in the front sitting room. This is easily still one of my favorite DIY projects that Ryan brought to life for me. It just makes the room feel cozier.

Fall fireplace mantle decor

See what I mean about just throwing in a pumpkin? They instantly complete little vignettes and add that fall charm. I also never thought that I would be into banners/bunting, but this burlap sign won my heart.

Fall burlap signFall faux fireplace decor

Our dining room currently is a catchall, but you can check out last year’s post for what it will look like in the next couple weeks. I’m keeping the same tablescape theme to keep it easy on myself.

Moving into the kitchen, my floating shelves always are fun to makeover with each season. I wanted to keep it the same as last year since I didn’t get to enjoy it for very long – we were still in the midst of renovations – so I actually had to go back through pictures to remember and copy what I did. Ha!

Fall floating shelves in kitchen

I found the cutest wooden crate in the $1 section at Target a few months back, and I’m thrilled I finally figured out a way to use it. Isn’t it a perfect catchall next to the sink? Complete with a vase of cotton stems (my favorite) and a wall of antique farm utensils from my mother-in-law’s great grandmother, it’s my favorite little part of the kitchen right now.

antique farm utensils hanging on kitchen wallnext-to-kitchen-sink decor

Our family room is much of the same – white pumpkins and cotton stems. I also made a drop cloth wreath (look it up on Pinterest) last year that’s hanging over one of the mirrors above our couch. I just forgot to photograph it. Whoops. Oh well, use your imagination. πŸ˜‰

basket of white velvet pumpkinscotton stems and white pumpkins family room decor

I hope that you enjoyed a glimpse into some of the fall scenes around our home! Hopefully this goes to show that you don’t have to do a lot with decor to change things up every once in a while.

If you’re interested in any of the decor, first check out my picks for neutral farmhouse-style decor for less. Most of my decor is linked in that post. Otherwise, most of the decor I already had or found in the Target Dollar Spot/TJMaxx. Let me know if you have specific questions – I’m happy to help best I can!

Do you overhaul your seasonal decor or keep things simple?

1. So many beautiful touches! Loving it all!

Posted 10.30.17 Reply
  2. It looks so good! I love the fall touches. You do such a good job.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  3. Jessica wrote:

A farmhouse is the perfect place for fall! I love all the simplicity and neutrals of your place πŸ™‚
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 10.27.17 Reply

I love all the neutral – it all looks so crisp and clean! Everything in your house is so pretty!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
  5. Your fall decor is so clean + perfect! I usually don’t decorate for the seasons (because I am lame, ha), but this year I broke out a few pieces because we’re hosting a Halloween costume party this weekend and the house needed to be festive!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
    • That is SO fun! I don’t decorate at all for Halloween, but I always love all the decor. Hope your party is a hit!

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  6. Mes Voyages Γ  Paris wrote:

The pics looks so cool! love the datails!!
    xx
    MΓ³nica Sors
    MES VOYAGES Γ€ PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE OCTOBER II

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
  7. I just love how in sync your house is! Love that these differences and decorations are so subtle that they look naturally in place! Beautiful as always friend!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Thanks so much, sweet girl! My biggest fear in the house is that things will look mish-mashed/not cohesive, so I appreciate those words from you. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  8. Loving your fall touches! And of course I love all the little white pumpkins! πŸ™‚

9. Everything looks so beautiful! Like out of a magazine! πŸ™‚

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

Everything looks so pretty and I look forward to seeing it all in person in just a few short weeks!

11. Ashley wrote:

Such cute decor touches Karly! I’m a sucker for white pumpkins and love the way you sprinkled them throughout your house!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Thanks, Ashley! Those white pumpkins are the easiest way to add a little seasonal touch throughout the house.

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  12. So many beautiful touches! I don’t go overboard with fall decor either, but Christmas is a different story for sure <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! I’m already scheming my Christmas decorations … if it weren’t for the fact that I was hosting Thanksgiving, I’d probably start putting them up in a couple weeks. Ha!

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  13. Jenn wrote:

I love all of the little touches! Can you come and do my house please?? πŸ™‚

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

I love all your fall decor and how it flows so seamlessly with the rest of your house! The all white is so pretty! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! I know I should probably use more color, but my excuse is that orange/traditional fall colors don’t go well with our grey walls. πŸ˜‰

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  15. Your home is so pretty! Love how you decorated it!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  16. I love that you kept everything neutral and that it just ties in perfectly with decor that you already have around your house! We just add a few things here and there for Fall around our house, but we definitely go overboard for Christmas decoration!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • It’s the easiest way to decorate! I worked so hard to get our “everyday” decor figured out and in place that I hate to move it now – ha! I’m so excited for Christmas decorating!

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  17. Julie wrote:

Your fall updates look awesome! And I loved that you used the word “vignettes”…I used that to explain to my husband why a few pumpkins and seasonal candles were scattered around the house, and it was underappreciated . πŸ™‚

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Haha, YES! Pretty sure Ryan had a similar reaction the first time I used interior design jumble … now he’s just used to it. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  18. Love your subtle decor! I think it’s great when I can find pieces that go with my existing decor. So many seasonal items stick out like a sore thumb- but you’ve done a great job of making everything look effortless!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Thanks so much, Britney! I used to struggle so hard with decorating for the seasons, but it’s much easier now when I can still stay true to my aesthetic and just add some touches here and there.

Posted 10.27.17 Reply

Everything is so beautifully styled girl!! It’s like you live in a staged home that still feels like home!!I love everything! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

20. Falasha wrote:

Gorgeous decor, I love the neutrals and white on white.

xoxo Falasha