10.20.17 18

Coffee with Karly | Life Update & Retail Therapy

A lot of us share this same sentiment every week, but I literally thought this Friday would never arrive. HELLO! IT’S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU! I even considered hugging the calendar this morning. (#nojoke) Anywho, there’s lots to say today so let’s jump right in.

Coffee with Karly vol. 2

A few affiliate links are used in this post. Thanks for helping me make a few cents at no extra cost to you!

It occurred to me that if you don’t follow me on Instagram then the introduction in Monday’s post made zero sense. So, let me try to quickly recap the past couple weeks of you.

Ryan and I went away on vacation to Ft. Myer’s Beach, Fla. the first week of October. Our dating and wedding anniversaries are Oct. 4 and 5, so we always try to go away to celebrate. The trip already didn’t start out the best because we were stressed about Hurricane Irma and if we should still risk going. Our first morning there we woke up to the news about Las Vegas, and that hit me hard. I cried on and off all day and couldn’t stop thinking about it. Then, Tom Petty died. Again, just sad. THEN, on our last day/wedding anniversary we got the news that Ryan’s grandma passed away. Not exactly the vacation we hoped for, but that’s life.

When we travel, we usually fly in/out of Chicago since my parents watch Finn. The funeral services were held only an hour away from where they live, so it made more sense to stay there a few extra days instead of trekking back and forth from Wisconsin. Ryan still ended up driving home and back to pick up his suit and a few things for me, while I roped my mom into going shopping for an appropriate dress. It was a hectic few days. The services were held that Monday, but since they went pretty late into the day we crashed at my parent’s for another night. We finally arrived home to Wisconsin on Tuesday morning.

Again, thank you SO much to all of you who’ve reached out the last couple weeks. Your messages and thoughts mean the world and bring a lot of comfort. Needless to say, I’m definitely still getting caught up and working toward feeling like a normal human. I just can’t seem to get out of this post-craziness slump, but I’m hopeful to get there soon.

So, enough of that. Let’s not end this post on a downer note.

Who else has binged the new season of Fuller House? It kept me occupied on both flights, and I loved it. It was the best season yet, in my opinion. So much corny and nostalgia. Plus, that cliffhanger! I need new episodes like yesterday.

I admit that my heightened stress levels have made retail therapy really real around here. This cable-knit cardigan from Old Navy looks like the hug that I need. I can’t wait for it to arrive at my doorstep. Anyone a fan of L.A. Girl Cosmetics? I’ve never tried anything from the line, but I ordered this eye shadow quad and a couple blushes. Why not, right?

Oh, and in case you missed Monday’s post – I shared what drugstore makeup I would buy if I had to get a whole new collection only from Target. There’s some gems in there, if I do say so myself.

This coffee with Karly turned out WAY longer than intended, so I’ll let you get back to your life. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Have a great weekend!

Also check out my first Coffee with Karly!

1. mahryska wrote:

sending you some online love…things do just happen all at once and we can’t help it but i do hope things get better now. oh and you surely look so cozy!!
    kisses from the sandpit ❤︎

Published 10.23.17
  2. Ashley wrote:

I am so sorry you had to have all of that happen at once. 🙁 I know that couldn’t have been easy. Loveeee that cardigan!

Published 10.20.17
    • Thanks, sweet friend. Not easy, but glad we got through it. I just got that cardigan in the mail the other day – sooooo cozy!

Published 10.22.17
  3. I can imagine how hard it was to have all that hit at once, but I bet it was so comforting to be close to family for a little while! Hopefully at least bits and pieces of the vacation were relaxing! I watched the first few episodes of Fuller House when it first came out, but that might be my next binge watch show! And pretty sure I was admiring that cardigan in Old Navy the other day:)

Published 10.20.17
    • You’re right – I don’t think I realized it at the time, but it was nice to be near family for a few extra days! Fuller House is so cute and cheesy, it’s impossible not to love it. That Old Navy cardigan arrived at my doorstep the other day, and I LOVE IT! It’s so warm and cozy.

Published 10.22.17
  4. Jenn wrote:

I’m still so sorry that you’ve had to deal with all of this–it’s never easy losing someone, and even harder I think when you’re supposed to be celebrating some exciting stuff. Always here for you if you need to talk or vent!
    And YES to Fuller House–that show is such a light, happy note when I’ve watched it. We totally binged it in a couple of days too!

Published 10.20.17
    • Awe, thank you friend! I sincerely appreciate that. Isn’t Fuller House just the best? I will say I’m glad that I saved the latest episodes for our plane rides – they provided a much-needed laugh!

Published 10.22.17
  5. I’m so sorry to hear what’s been going on with you. I know you were really looking forward to that vacation! It just means you have to come back and this time stay in Sarasota so I can come and say hi to you 🙂

Published 10.20.17
  6. I’m so sorry to hear about Ryan’s grandma, but I’m glad you were able to be with family right when you got back from your trip.

Published 10.20.17
    • Thank you! So sweet. Just like I said to Emily, I don’t think I realized it at the time but you’re both right that it was good to be near family during that time.

Published 10.22.17

I know it was a rough couple of weeks for you and Ryan, just glad that we were here to help you get through it – plus I had a few more days with Finn! I know you have a nice weekend planned, so hopefully you’ll enjoy it. Such a pretty cardigan from Old Navy, just wish I could wear their clothes. 🙁

Published 10.20.17
    • We were very thankful to you and dad, and it was one less thing to worry about knowing that Finn was taken care of! That cardigan just came this weekend, and I love it!

Published 10.22.17
  8. I am SO sorry that your last few weeks have been difficult. 🙁 I hope that things are getting better for you. On a brighter note, that cardigan is really cute and that eyeshadow is pretty. I hope that you have both a fun and relaxing weekend too. 🙂

Published 10.20.17
  9. It really has been a rough couple of week for y’all, but at least your parents were close to where everything was so that y’all had a place to stay! I just finished binge watching Fuller House from Season 2 this week, and I loved it so much! I need new episodes now too!

Published 10.20.17
    • We were so thankful to my parents! Especially since they weren’t expecting us or Finn to be there those few extra days. Fuller House is just the best, I love it!

Published 10.22.17