My Monthly Currents | September 2017

Hi! Hard to believe tomorrow already is Friday. Have to love these short weeks! The last couple months, I’ve shared loving lately posts – check out vol. 1 and vol. 2. However, I never quite figured out a format or consistent timing for those posts. So instead I’m revamping them/going back to my roots today with a good ‘ol currently post. I’ve been craving the original days of blogging lately, and these always are some of my favorite posts to read/write. Just in time to link up with Kristen, too! Let’s get into my monthly currents for September.

My Monthly Currents | September 2017

Craving | all things fall! Give me pumpkins, apple cider donuts and duh – a Starbucks PSL.

Working on | our home to-do list for the last few months of the year. Check out this post for where we’re at with house renovations.

Enjoying | nightly walks with Ryan and Finn. Ryan and I have some of our best conversations during this 30 minutes, and Finn loves the exercise. It’s a win-win.

Feeling | excited for our upcoming trip to Fort Myers Beach, Florida!

Reading | A Dark Lure by Loreth Anne White. For an Amazon Prime read, it’s pretty good and suspenseful so far. My monthly reading recap is coming to the blog next Tuesday, so stay tuned!

Listening to | new Taylor Swift music. Love her or hate her, there’s no denying that girl can write a damn good song. I’m kind of digging this darker, moodier side of her!

Watching | The Last Tycoon on Amazon Prime. OHMYGOD I LOVE THIS SHOW. It’s based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s last novel, which obviously now is on my reading list. I love the soap opera-esque story lines and a glimpse into the ugly side of old Hollywood. Pretty sure I could stare at Matt Bomer’s eyes all day, too. Swoon.

Wearing | oversize sweatshirts and distressed shorts – the perfect combination for this cooler, transitional weather that we’re experiencing! American Eagle shorts are still my favorite, and I can’t stop wearing this sweatshirt from Old Navy. It’s so cute, fun and comfy!

Loving | my improved a.m. to p.m. skin care routine. If you also suffer from sensitive, acne-prone skin, I can’t recommend the products that I discuss in that post enough!

Looking forward to | next week! I’m headed to see my favorite hairstylist for a long overdue appointment, and then it’s time for my second 5k. Can’t wait!

What are your monthly currents? Looking forward to anything? Are you loving all the fall stuff or too soon?

Linking up for What’s New With You?

1. Rachel wrote:

I am in desperate need of a haircut and am in total denial about it.

I’m looking forward to the weather warming up here so I can do more evening walks. I totally agree with good conversations while walking, and with my husband and I both working from home at the moment we definitely need to take anti-cabinfever measures!

Posted 9.12.17 Reply
  2. I love sweatshirts with shorts this time of the year! It’s my goto outfit when I’m not at school. You also make me want to watch the Last Tycoon, that sounds really good! Can’t wait to read your post tomorrow, I always love your book reviews!

Posted 9.11.17 Reply
    • The Last Tycoon is SO good. I’m considering rewatching it because I’m sad that we’re done with it. Sweatshirts and shorts for the win!

Posted 9.12.17 Reply
  3. i was talking to someone else about talking and walking – KC and I have some of our best conversations on walks as well. must be something to it! I need to watch the last tycoon – is that the one with lily collins in it? sounds familiar. and um yes with Taylor Swift. I didn’t love this new music immediately as I have in the past but now i can’t stop won’t stop. can’t wait for the album!

Posted 9.11.17 Reply
    • I look forward to our walks so much – you’re right, must be something to it! And, yes – Last Tycoon is the one with Lilly Collins. She annoys me, but she’s good in this.

Posted 9.12.17 Reply
  4. Jessica wrote:

Can’t wait to see more updates from your renovations dear! You guys are doings a great job!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

Posted 9.11.17 Reply
  5. That sweatshirt is super cute! I also LOVE that new Taylor Swift song!! I am also liking this new side of her too. Have a great weekend!

Posted 9.9.17 Reply
  6. Akaleistar wrote:

The Last Tycoon sounds good!

Posted 9.8.17 Reply
  7. Christina wrote:

Ooh, I need to check out The Last Tycoon! i just picked up two sweatshirts from Old Navy and love them. I’m just waiting for the temps to go down! I’m totally with you on Taylor. She kinda bugs me, but she’s an amazing songwriter/entertainer. I can’t wait for the album!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply

I binged on the last tycoon on one of my work from home days – watched the whole season!! LOVED IT!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
  9. Loving sweatshirts and shorts right now. It’s one of my favorite uniforms.

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
  10. Totally agree re: Taylor. And her new song …Ready For It? is sooooo good!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
  11. I’m so loving everything fall right now too! I had my first PSL of the season, and it was delicious like always! And I love Taylor so much, and I’m loving all of her new songs! The darker and edgier side is so much fun!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply

I am definitely looking forward to embracing all things Fall! I’m loving the new Taylor Swift! Looking forward to seeing all of you and taking care of Finn at the end of the month!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
  13. Such a cute post! Love Taylor Swift’s new music too!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
  14. Give me all the Fall everything including the weather! When are you making your way down here?!?!

Posted 9.7.17 Reply
    • Girl, come north and you’ll get all the fall weather already. We are supposed to be in Ft. Myers on Oct. 1, but we will see. 🙂

Posted 9.10.17 Reply