My Two Favorite iPhone Photo-Editing Apps

Some of my favorite content to read these days is when bloggers or whoever shares phone photography tips. I think it’s so fun to see how people achieve a certain photography style or aesthetic with specific apps, editing tricks and/or filters. While I’m definitely no expert on this topic, I want to share my two favorite iPhone photo-editing apps because they’re quick, easy and yield great photo results!

My Two Favorite iPhone Photo-Editing Apps

Real quick, I want to offer up a couple tips. First being that even with phone photography, lighting is everything. Try to take photos outside or near a window so you get as much natural light as possible. That makes the editing process so much easier. Second, I recently discovered something that was equal parts ridiculous and a light-bulb moment. When editing phone pictures, MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE BRIGHTNESS TURNED ALL THE WAY UP! I’m sure some of you are thinking that’s such a duh statement, but it didn’t occur to me until recently. I’ve probably overexposed/over-edited a majority of my pictures because of this error. Oh well, such is life. But, you can bet that I won’t be making that mistake anymore!

Okay, onto the apps!

Snapseed | I’m obsessed with this app! I imagine it to be similar to Lightroom (and that’s what I’ve heard). I’ve even found myself sending photos from my computer to my phone so I can edit in this app. It’s pretty intuitive, so don’t get overwhelmed if you’re not an expert photo editor (hello, I’m definitely not). With any photo, I first go into Details to up the Structure and Sharpness. Then in Tune Image, I adjust the Brightness, Contrast and Saturation. I usually leave it at that since I’m not too familiar with anything else! From there, I save the image and open it in my other app …

Pic Tap Go | This is about as basic as it comes, but I truly love this app. It’s simple, straight-forward and easy to use. My favorite filter is Brightside – this is what I use on all my Instagram photos! I usually tone down the filter to 50% or so. There’s also the option to save favorite “recipes” in the app if there’s a combination of filters that you like to often use. If for some reason I don’t feel like editing a photo in Snapseed, I use a combination of Lights, Brightside and Crispity. Cool It Down or Air also are great filters if there’s too much warmth in a picture.

As far as storage/maintenance apps for photos, I use Google Photos to backup all my pictures. Not only do I adore this app because I easily can access the photos on my computer as well, but it’s a dream if you constantly run out of phone storage. I’m still operating on the 16GB iPhone 6, so storage is of the essence! Once I back up to the app, I can delete anything in the Photos app and get all that space back. I also use Planoly to plan and schedule Instagram posts, which makes managing that whole thing a piece of cake.

If you’re into phone photography and editing, just remember that it’s okay to keep it simple! It can be a little overwhelming to “keep up” these days, but obviously my two favorite iPhone photo-editing apps are nothing groundbreaking and I get by just fine. Keep it simple, keep it easy, and above all else, keep it fun!

What are your favorite photo-editing apps or filters?

You might also enjoy recent Instagram outfits and beauty looks and five favorite WordPress plugins.

1. I use Planoly and love it too. I don’t use many apps to edit. I need to look into these.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 8.25.17 Reply
  2. I love snapseed! I use the selective feature to lighten or decrease the saturation in my backgrounds. I also LOVEEE ColorStory. It made a huge difference in helping me feel more cohesive. I haven’t heard of Pic Tap Go, I’ll have to check it out!

Posted 8.24.17 Reply
  3. I love pic tap go and Afterlight for editing photos on my phone. I will have to try out Snapseed! Sounds like a great app! And now I’m off to try out Planoly! Great tips!

Posted 8.24.17 Reply

I am obsessed with pic tap go!! It’s the best!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
  5. I need to try Snapseed! I’m not sure why I haven’t yet!

Zelle | Southern Style

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
  6. I have recently gone back to Snapseed I really like the features on it!

7. Kay R. wrote:

A color Story is my go to app. I will check out snapseed though!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
  8. Your photos are always so bright and crisp! Thank you so much for the reminder about PicTapGo. I downloaded the app, and always forget to use it <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
  9. I really do need to get better about editing my pictures in general, but I really haven’t branched out to try anything. I love how you said that Snapseed was intuitive, and I’ll definitely check it out!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
    • It is a great app! I guess it’s a little bit of a learning curve, but I’m horrible at editing so I figure if I can figure it out then so can others, lol. 🙂

Posted 8.24.17 Reply
  10. Ashley wrote:

Snapseed is my favorite too!! It does wonders for editing!

11. Katie Elizabeth wrote:

I need to try Snapseed again because I could not figure it out. My go to is VSCO for everything now!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
    • That’s funny because I couldn’t figure VSCO out so I gave up – ha! Your pictures always are so pretty.

Posted 8.24.17 Reply

Great info! You know I’m not the most savvy with pictures!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
  13. LOVE Snapseed. I’ll have to check out the other one. Thanks!

Posted 8.23.17 Reply

I seriously have like 10 editing apps on my phone and never use any of them! I have Snapseed but I don’t think I’ve ever used it since downloading it but now I need to try! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
    • You definitely should! I was guilty of having a bunch on my phone, too so it was nice to get rid of the rest and only have these two.

Posted 8.24.17 Reply

I have so many editing apps on my phone LOL! The majority of the time I edit in Instagram itself…but I need to try snapseed!! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

Posted 8.23.17 Reply
    • Instagram itself really has come a long way with their editing features! Your pictures are so good, I wouldn’t change a thing of what you’re doing!

Posted 8.24.17 Reply
  16. Snapseed & PicTapGo are my go to apps on my phone for editing photos. Then i use vsco.

Posted 8.23.17 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft