The Best Drugstore Mascara That I’ve Ever Tried

I’m sure you know by now that I’m a big drugstore beauty gal. More so, I’m 100% a drugstore mascara user. I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a high-end mascara, with the exception of anything that has been sent/given to me. For a beauty product that should be replaced every three months or so, why would I want to spend a lot of money? Plus, drugstore mascara formulas these days are just as good (if not sometimes better!) than the more expensive options. I’ve tried a lot of drugstore mascaras but usually end up back with my ride-or-die CoverGirl. That is until recently when I discovered the new L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise – the best drugstore mascara that I’ve ever tried!

The Best Drugstore Mascara That I've Ever Tried

The fact that I’m even writing this post is huge. It takes a lot to take me away from CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher and original Volume Blast. I’ve used that combination for years – even on my wedding day! But, for whatever reason the mascara fairies were telling me to try something new. I’m SO glad that I did.

Obviously, the first thing that caught my eye was the packaging of L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise. Who can resist a pink tube of mascara? And, after taking a look at the brush shape I was intrigued. It’s curvier than what I’m used to, but that makes it easier to get right to the base of my lashes to evenly apply product.

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise packaging and tubeL'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise wand

I’m not a fan whatsoever of the original L’Oreal Voluminous. I always found the formula too wet, resulting in product smearing all over my eyes rather than staying on my lashes. So I was skeptical at first about how this new mascara would apply. It’s a drier formula, which I prefer. I’m able to work with it more and build up the intensity without worrying about the product just slipping off my lashes.

Here are my lashes before and after I apply two coats of the mascara. Hello, length and volume!

Bare lashes before L'Oreal Voluminous Lash ParadiseLashes after two coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise in Blackest BlackLashes after two coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise in Blackest Black

If I need a little extra lift or staying power, I’ll also apply a coat of L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer before going in with the mascara. This is the new dream team of beautiful lasting lashes! Just be sure to have a good bottle of eye makeup remover on hand at night since it can be a little stubborn to remove.

As if this post doesn’t prove it already, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise is the best drugstore mascara that I’ve ever tried. I want every person I know to run to the store for their own tube to test for themselves what I’m obsessing over!

What’s your favorite drugstore mascara?

Don’t you know on my to do list for tomorrow is to get a new mascara and I think I’ll swing by the drugstore instead of ulta!

Posted 6.9.17 Reply
  2. I know that I already spend way too much on money on makeup as it is, but you’re right about not dropping a ton of cash on mascara! I need to give this one a try!

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
  3. I am so game to try this because L’Oreal Voluminous is my long time favorite.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
  4. I’ve been wanting to try that mascara! Sounds like it’s a winner! I love the L’Oreal lash primer, so I’m sure I’ll love their mascara too!

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
    • That combo together is seriously unreal. We had pictures taken the other day, and I almost didn’t put false lashes on because my lashes already looked amazing with those two products!

Posted 6.9.17 Reply
  5. Katie Elizabeth wrote:

Pretty lady! I’m always down to try a new mascara – I’ll have to pick this up on my next Target run!

6. Ashley wrote:

Perfect timing since I’m about to run out of my current L’oreal tube! I love a good drugstore find!

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
  7. Your lashes look amazing! I’m a big drugstore mascara girl too, and need to try this <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! It’s been a long time since I’ve found a mascara that I love as much (if not more) than CoverGirl.

Posted 6.9.17 Reply
  8. The length really is so noticeable, and it separates your lashes so nicely! I used to love L’Oreal Telescopic, but this one sounds pretty great too!

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
    • This one is so good, girl! It’s so rare that I dedicate a whole post to one product, but I felt this was necessary – lol.

Posted 6.9.17 Reply

I love the primer version but I’ve never tried the mascara! I definitely need to give it a try though, it sounds amazing and your lashes look great! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
  10. I’ve never heard of this brand. Def need to try. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.7.17 Reply

I’ve always been faithful to L’Oreal Voluminous but am so glad they’ve finally come out with another mascara that I like just as well!

12. Veronica Urbaniak wrote:

Emily at The Sweetest Thing Blog said the only thing she uses to remove eye makeup is baby shampoo (and she wears a LOT of mascara lol). I was having difficulty finding something that worked so decided to give it a try and couldn’t believe how well it worked for me! Although I do not wear waterproof because of my contacts, so that might make a difference

Posted 6.7.17 Reply

this is the next mascara that I want to buy! I heard what a great buy it was from Elle and you just solidified me getting it!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.7.17 Reply
    • Yes! Elle’s post was great – I’ve never tried the Too Faced mascara, but if it’s as good as this then I can see why everyone loves it.

Posted 6.9.17 Reply