My Style Isn’t Insta-Worthy, But I’m Sharing It Anyway

If there ever was a time to have a sarcastic sense of humor, reading the title of this post is that time. My style isn’t Insta-worthy, but I’m sharing it anyway is the best that I could come up with. But, frankly – I think it’s pretty funny if you know me well enough.

ANYWAYS. Here’s the thing – I love fashion. But, I realize that my outfits and style don’t exactly fit in with today’s blogland standards. It cracks me up that I used to classify myself as a fashion blogger and that I wrote style-specific posts. Seriously … if you need a good laugh, go through the archives of my Style page. Even though I’ve moved away from those types of posts, I still like to share recent fashion finds (like here, here and here) and I especially enjoy sharing more real-time outfit photos via Instagram. Who doesn’t these days? And, again I get it – my sense of style/brands/budget aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But, I’m going to share anyway. Okay? Okay.

My Style Isn't Insta-Worthy But I'm Sharing It Anyway

Shop my Instagram HERE

If you’re actually interested in where some of my wardrobe comes from, I finally got around to creating a Shop My Instagram page! Simply hover over SHOP in the top navigation, and select Shop My Instagram in the drop-down menu. I was hesitant to do this for a while, but now I figure why not? I’m also working on a primary shop page where you can find all my favorite beauty-related products.

I truly admire all the full-fledged fashion/style bloggers out there. Their photography typically is some of the best, and their outfits provide endless inspiration. A few of my favorites are Maren at Midwest In Style, Maya at Charmingly Styled and Jess at The Golden Girl Blog. If you’re not following all these ladies, you definitely should! You’ll be caught in the Instagram rabbit hole for hours just perusing their photos.

If you’re feeling generous, you also could give me a follow. Knowing that my style isn’t Insta-worthy, but I’m sharing it anyway has to earn me some sort of street cred, right? 😉

What are your favorite Instagram accounts for style inspiration?

You might also enjoy five spring style purchases that I’m STILL loving a couple months later.

1. Hahaha Yessss!! You put into words so well how I feel! I laugh a little inside when friends come to me for style advice or say I have good style, simply because I blog about it, when feel like it’s the most basic thing. You have a knack for finding darling pieces that I would actually wear, rather than half the stuff I feel like I see most bloggers don. I agree with the girls below, don’t feel yourself short;)!!

Posted 6.22.17 Reply
  2. girl you are adorable! totally insta worthy

Posted 6.22.17 Reply
  3. Your style is polished + attainable, which I love! 🙂 Plus you’re too cute to boot.

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 6.22.17 Reply
  4. Nat wrote:

I love your style!! Don’t sell yourself short, I don’t think I’m the most stylish either but I’m sometimes amazed at how many people like certain looks I post because they like that they’re attainable and relatable!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • Thank you! And, you’re so right. This post really was all in good fun, but I know I shouldn’t sell myself short. Definitely something I need to work on!

Posted 6.23.17 Reply
  5. A wrote:

I think there can be many kinds of style, and I like yours because it is stylish but attainable. I know what you show won’t cost hundreds or thousands of dollars!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply

If you wear what you like and feel good about yourself wearing it, that’s all that matters! I’m not on Instagram, but I think you’re very “style worthy”! or should I say “Insta-worthy”!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
  7. Girl I love your style! You always look so put together and beautiful, and I love that your style is real! A lot of the big “fashion/style bloggers” feature unwearable and unaffordable items that I would never think of wearing or purchasing. Seeing real life outfits is so much more enjoyable and super refreshing <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • Thank you, it’s so nice to hear that! I think it’s easy to compare to the “bigger” bloggers, but I also remind myself that they aren’t paying for a lot of what they’re wearing. Must be nice, lol.

Posted 6.23.17 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

I think you have such cute style girl! Don’t be selling yourself short!

9. Love your style!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
  10. I think that you always great and I love your sense of humor. 🙂 I also LOVE that cold shoulder top on you!! 🙂

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
  11. I always love the outfits that you share on the blog! I feel like your outfits are ones that I could legitimately see myself wearing on a normal day, while sometimes fashion bloggers share some beautiful outfits, but stuff that I would never be able to actually wear!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • Thank you! That means so much. I know so many people compare to the bigger bloggers and love to turn to them for inspiration (myself included!). It can be hard to stand out sometimes, but I guess that’s why we all have our own individual style!

Posted 6.23.17 Reply

I love your looks! I love seeing real outfits that people would actually wear!

Posted 6.21.17 Reply

Girl, my style isn’t what I would consider Instaworthy either but who cares? I never claimed to be a fashion icon, we blog and Insta for us, not for what anyone else thinks! And I happen to love your style! That black off the shoulder tee is SO cute and I love those slides! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • After reading this, I seriously just said PREACH to my screen – haha! You’re so right – at the end of the day, we have to do us and what we love. Who cares about anyone else? Definitely working on it. xo

Posted 6.23.17 Reply
  14. You definitely need to give yourself more credit– everything in this post is on point with what’s in style! But more importantly it’s what you like/really wear, which is what makes blogging so cool. I love that you share things that can easily be worn day to day.

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • Thanks so much, friend! I’m definitely never one to follow trends, I always just want to feel like myself and be comfortable. I’m glad that it comes across that way.

Posted 6.23.17 Reply

Well I feel like I’m in the same boat as you – my style is every day style – things I actually wear so I personally love the accounts that have a similar aesthetic – Like YOURS!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.21.17 Reply
    • If we lived closer, I’d be raiding your closet daily – lol! I seriously love all the looks that you’ve been sharing lately!

Posted 6.23.17 Reply