Loving Lately vol. 1

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was a HOT one around here – summer finally decided to show up in Wisconsin. I’m not complaining.

I’m introducing a new blog series today! These loving lately posts will consist of three to five things that I’m … loving lately. Pretty self-explanatory, right? 😉 These don’t fall into any particular category as I plan to share things on beauty, music, general life stuff, etc. It’s basically a more streamlined version of currently posts.

Got it? Great! Let’s get to it.

CURRENTLY DREAMING OF: THE BEACH!

We recently booked our four-year wedding anniversary trip, and we’re headed to Fort Myers Beach, Fla.! The beach was a requirement for this vacation, and Florida always seems to be an easy and affordable option. Neither one of us has ever visited the Gulf side before, so I’m looking forward to sandy beaches and clear ocean water. Now, if October could hurry up and get here that’d be great.

Loving Lately vol. 1 - beach in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Island

From our honeymoon in Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands #takemeback

CURRENTLY USING ON MY HAIR: PUREOLOGY PERFECT-4-PLATINUM SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER.

I had a bit of a hair color fiasco last month that resulted in getting my hair fully highlighted twice in two weeks. I know, I know. That’s ridiculously damaging and unhealthy, but I couldn’t live with yellow hair for the next 12 weeks. Anyways, in an effort to protect my hair and maintain the icy, cool tones, I splurged on the Pureology Perfect-4-Platinum shampoo and conditioner. It was so worth it. If you’re a blonde then you need this hair product system in your life. The shampoo is tinted a light blue, so it helps to tone your hair every time you wash it to keep any yellow and/or brassiness away. (Don’t mistake this for a purple shampoo, which is stronger and I use every other time I shampoo). Plus, this stuff smells pretty heavenly.

Loving Lately vol. 1 - Pureology Perfect-4-Platinum shampoo and conditioner

CURRENTLY CAN’T STOP LISTENING TO: GALWAY GIRL BY ED SHEERAN.

Are we all still crushing on Ed Sheeran, or is that old news? I just saw him on the most recent Carpool Karaoke, and that reminded me how much I adore him. I’m not joking when I say I can’t stop listening to this song – it’s on repeat all day long (sorry, Ry!). I also totally love the music video since Saoirse Ronan is in it.

CURRENTLY WEARING ON MY NAILS: DON’T BOSSA NOVA ME AROUND BY O.P.I.

Is there a more perfect neutral pastel shade? It has a bit of a purple/lavender undertone to it, yet it seems to look perfect with practically any outfit and color. I’m a fan.

Loving Lately vol. 1 - O.P.I. Don't Bossa Nova Me Around

CURRENTLY DETERMINED TO: MASTER MANUAL MODE ON MY DSLR.

Seriously, it’s time. I’ve been at this blogging thing for almost four years, and the manual mode on my DSLR still intimidates me. Ryan typically shoots for me in the AV mode, but I’m hell-bent on figuring out the ins-and-outs of manual. I found Andrea through Instagram, and her recent photography series has really helped me. It’s straight-forward and easy to understand.

Well, there we have it! Loving lately vol. 1. I’m excited to continue with this series in the coming months and share my across-the-board favorites and loves with you!

What are you loving lately?

1. Lisa C wrote:

I am 100% obsessed with Galway Girl, haha. I’ve had it on repeat since March.

Posted 6.14.17 Reply
  2. The Adored Life wrote:

Oh that nail polish is PERFECT! I always want a pretty nude color but they tend to get boring really fast! Love this girl!

The Adored Life

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
  3. I’m totally still crushing on Ed, so you aren’t alone! My husband isn’t his biggest fan and it drives him crazy to play them on repeat:). Florida sounds like so much fun, too! You should consider writing posts on your photography mastering, I could definitely use the help! I’m excited to check that other blogger out!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
    • Haha, I doubt I’ll ever be good enough to write about photography but I’ll of course share any light bulb moments along the way. That’s never been my strong suit of blogging and probably never will be. 😉

Posted 6.13.17 Reply
  4. This is a great idea for a post! Hooray for beach vacations! I’m under the firm belief that having another trip to look forward to is always the best way to keep going in everyday life. And Ed Sheeran will never get old!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
    • Yes! I’m so glad that we have something to look forward to now later in the year. We both needed the pick-me-up!

Posted 6.13.17 Reply
  5. Beach vacations are always the best! I just got a few samples of a different Pureology line and am excited to try them out– I don’t think I’ve ever tried the brand.

Posted 6.12.17 Reply

Fort Myers will be so nice – I always used to go visit my Grandma there on spring breaks – and a perfect time of the year to go!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
  7. Ashley wrote:

I wish I was on that beach right now! Totally agree with you on Pureology- it’s awesome!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
  8. Katie Elizabeth wrote:

Ahh love Fort Myers! You guys will have to spend an evening in Naples, my grandparents live there and it is the most gorgeous little town!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply

What a cute music video, that is a catchy song! Glad you’re liking the Pureology, I’ve been tempted to try it myself. I’m liking the OPI Cajun Shrimp on my toes, as you know it’s a first for me, lol!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply
    • I think you’d like Pureology even though it’s expensive. I’m proud of you for changing your polish color, lol!

Posted 6.13.17 Reply
  10. A great reminder to play some of his music right now!! I am dreaming of the beach, too!!

Posted 6.12.17 Reply

I’m always crushing on Ed Sheeran and his music and I know what you mean about that carpool karaoke – it was so good! That is such a pretty nail polish color – a great option for summer! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.12.17 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft