Around the Epcot World Showcase for My 28th Birthday

It was fitting that our first full day of vacation in Florida also fell on my birthday! What better way to celebrate than to be away on a trip, right? We decided to do around the Epcot world showcase for my 28th birthday, and I’m so glad that we did. A birthday celebration at Disney World with food and drinks from different countries is all I could’ve hoped for!

Around the Epcot World Showcase for My 28th Birthday

Taking in account what we learned during our trip last year, we made no effort to get to any of the parks when they first opened. We were able to sleep in and avoid some of the early morning bus crowds. That said, we were a bit taken aback when we did arrive at Epcot for the day. Holy crowds! Our time at Epcot last year was a week earlier than we went this year, and it also was rainy and cooler – that probably worked in our favor. We also went on a Tuesday last year opposed to Monday, which I’ve read is better.

But, it was my birthday, we were on vacation, and we weren’t going to let anything bother us! Standing in a five-minute line just to get a picture taken? Eh, no big! 😉 It did help that this was our second visit so there wasn’t a need or urgency to rush around to see and do every. single. thing.

Disney World EPCOTFlower display at Disney World EPCOT

Our shirts are from Etsy – the mouse ears are created from all different Disney character names!

Our first stop of the day was Soarin’. The ride wasn’t open last year while we were there, so we were extra excited! Ryan had never been on it, and it basically was a whole new ride to me since it now goes around the world to famous landmarks. We loved it, and I’m so glad that I made a FastPass+ reservation a month prior to our trip.

Soarin' entrance at Disney World EPCOT

After that, much of our morning and early afternoon was spent in the front half of the park with all the rides and attractions. We wanted to do all of that first before heading back to the world showcase for some more grownup fun!

Now, the intention was to drink around the world; however, it was close to 90 degrees so alcohol wasn’t exactly the most refreshing. I’m also not a huge drinker, so a margarita in Mexico was more than enough for me.

EPCOT World Showcase Margaritas in Mexico

Just because we didn’t drink our way around the world, though doesn’t mean we didn’t eat! Some of my favorite eats were churro bites with caramel sauce in Mexico; a soft pretzel in Germany; macaroons and a strawberries and cream tart in France; and fish and chips in England. We walked more than a half marathon this day, so I didn’t feel one bit guilty about anything! And, I think a little indulgence is a-okay on your birthday.

EPCOT World Showcase ItalyEPCOT World Showcase Japan

Overall, we had a way better time around the world showcase than we did last year. Last year’s cooler weather and rain made it hard to walk around and see everything, while this year it was a piece of cake to get lost in all the countries. We loved taking in all the details and sights of it all, especially the grounds and flowers.

EPCOT World Showcase Lion King flower displayEPCOT World Showcase Lion King flower displayEPCOT World Showcase Frozen flower displayEPCOT World Showcase Lady and the Tramp flower displayEPCOT flower display MemoryMaker magic

And of course, being the trooper husband that he is, Ryan agreed to end our night at Epcot with the new Frozen Ever After ride! We checked the wait times for the ride all throughout the day, never seeing it less than two hours standby time. Well, there’s no way that was going to happen. But, by the end of the evening, the wait time was down to 45 minutes so we hurried back there. The wait wasn’t even that long, and it was SO worth it – even Ryan said it was a fun ride! It was the perfect end to a perfectly fun birthday.

Disney World EPCOT World Showcase at night

In case you missed it last week I recapped our day at Kennedy Space Center, which is where we were on our second day of vacation. Stay tuned for recaps of our days at Hollywood Studios (where I was chased by two storm troopers …) and The Magic Kingdom!

Psst … in case you were wondering, we again opted to purchase Disney MemoryMaker. Check out this post about why you NEED to purchase this service if you’re headed to Disney. It’s worth every penny!

1. katie arnold wrote:

My fav in Epcot is the food in Morocco. Love the shirts!

Posted 4.1.17 Reply
  2. aw man, i want to go back to check out the frozen ride. KC is 100% against going back to disney haha. womp womp. i never feel guilty about food i eat on vacation – you’re on vacation! plus your birthday? extra no guilt! hahaha. i would much rather eat around the world vs drink around the world. looks like a fantastic way to spend your birthday!

Posted 3.27.17 Reply
    • Oh no, haha! What if we convince KC we all have to go together and that’s the only place on Earth was can meet up? 😉 Yes, eating around the world was a-okay by me.

Posted 3.27.17 Reply
  3. The older I get, the more I crave going to Epcot. The idea of drinking and eating around the world sounds amazing, but man that heat! It looks like such a fun day, I want to go on the Frozen ride! I might be sending this post along to Brett to make him miss it too… so maybe it’ll motivate him to let us go:)!

Posted 3.24.17 Reply

I spent my last birthday eating and drinking around the world at Epcot too and I can honestly say there’s no better way to spend it! Glad you guys had such a great time and jealous you got to ride Frozen! I still haven’t seen the lines shorter than an hour! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 3.24.17 Reply

Epcot is actually one of my favorite parks – I think because it’s so different from the rest of them! I agree that there is nothing better than spending your birthday on vacation!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 3.24.17 Reply
  6. That really does sound like the perfect way to kick off your trip and start your birthday! I loved the way that they redid Soarin’ and you’re totally right that a FastPass was definitely needed. And I loved your post about the Memory Maker last time y’all went, and I’m so glad that we opted for it when we visited for Food & Wine!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
    • Memory Maker is seriously the best thing Disney has ever introduced at the parks, lol. It was a no-brainer for us to do it again!

Posted 3.27.17 Reply
  7. Ashley wrote:

Looks like y’all had so much fun!!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
  8. How fun, lady- and what a great way to spend your birthday! The pics are too cute. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
  9. The Adored Life wrote:

This looks like the MOST fun trip! I am glad that you had a good time!

The Adored Life

Posted 3.23.17 Reply

This really does look like the best way to spend a birthday!!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
  11. What an awesome way to celebrate your birthday! It looks like you guys had so much fun and even if it was a bit more crowded than your last trip, the weather sounds amazing! I probably said this last year, but I can totally see why the memorymaker kit is worth it- you guys got so many great photos!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
    • It really is worth the $150 – there was no hesitation on our part to spend the money again to have all those photos. The Florida weather was much welcomed after our crap weather at home!

Posted 3.27.17 Reply
  12. Drinking/eating around the world in Epcot is pretty much my idea of the best birthday ever!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply

That looks like a really fun day and I can’t think of a better way for you to celebrate your birthday!

Posted 3.23.17 Reply
  14. that sounds like so much fun! Happy belated birthday. I’ve only been to Disney once, but Epcot was my favorite. Hopefully I’ll make it back there soon 🙂

Sarah