New Year, New Look

Oh, hi! Happy Monday! Notice anything new and different around here today? New year, new look!

New Year, New Look

When I switched to WordPress early last year, I told myself that the days of updating my blog theme were over. Let’s face it – it’s not as easy to make updates yourself on WordPress like it is in Blogger, and WP templates tend to cost a little more money. But, as I stepped away during the holidays and did some soul-searching, I realized that my previous theme was so not me. I definitely chose the previous theme based on what I thought was popular and trendy in the blogging world. I think that is the first time ever in my life that I decided to go with the crowd instead of against it. Obviously, it didn’t sit well with me! I was tired of logging onto my site and never smiling at my own work.

Well, now I’m definitely smiling again! You guys, I really can’t tell you just how stinkin’ happy I am with this design refresh. I wanted something simple with just a little pop, and this theme delivers on just that. No more worry about page breaks, the size of slider featured images … it’s clean, streamlined and easy-to-navigate. I hope that you’ll take a few minutes to click around! My favorite features are the search bar in the top navigation and the pretty portfolio-style archive pages. Seriously, those archive pages are GOLD. I love the grid layout so you quickly and easily can find what you are looking for.

I want to give a big thanks to White Oak Creative for the fantastic (premade!) template and Karli Bell Branding for my new design elements.

I’m excited to start the year fresh and hope that this only will help inspire my creativity going forward!

Psst – can anyone recommend their favorite Popular Posts widget and/or how to set up a MailChimp widget for email subscribers?

1. 1.10.17

Looks great lady!! You look beautiful in this photo too. 🙂 I would love to switch my blog design but those WP themes are kind of expensive and I feel like they’re not quite what I’m looking for. I would love some help with it. 🙂

2. 1.10.17

I’m FINALLY catching up and I love love love the new blog look lady! So fresh and clean! xx

3. 1.10.17

Such a fresh + clean new look, lady! I love it!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

4. 1.10.17

Love the new look! So fresh for the new year!!

5. 1.9.17
    Morgan Gifford said:

I love the look! I’m the worst about updating my look (and blog name) but I’ve finally found something I’m happy with.
    The Messy Bun Mama

6. 1.9.17

absolutely love the new look! and the fact that you love it is the most important thing 🙂

7. 1.9.17

Love the new look, so fresh and so clean clean! Beautiful <3

Green Fashionista

8. 1.9.17

Loving the new look! And you are so right – it is not easy so congrats!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

9. 1.9.17

Looks great! So clean and simple yet elegant!

10. 1.9.17

It looks great! So fresh and clean. I want to make a change but just don’t have the energy… but love what you’ve done with the place!

Zelle
    Southern Style

• 1.10.17

Thanks, Zelle! I know, getting the energy to do this did take me a while, and you have more than enough on your plate right now I’m sure!

11. 1.9.17
    makeupHER said:

Love your new look, fresh and clean for the new year!

12. 1.9.17

Your new theme looks so pretty, and it really does look so much like you! It’s just so clean and pretty! I’m glad that you were able to find a them that works well for you, and that you love!

• 1.10.17

Thank you! I’m so glad that you said it looks like “me” – means I made the right decision in choosing this theme. 🙂

13. 1.9.17
    The Adored Life said:

I love the changes girl! They look fantastic!

The Adored Life

14. 1.9.17
    Pamela said:

Love the new changes! I’ve thought multiple times about switching to WordPress but for some reason my work computer doesn’t always like WordPress sites so I never made the switch. Love your new design though! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

• 1.10.17

That’s so weird! But honestly, you’ve designed your site so well that you’d never know it wasn’t on WordPress!

15. 1.9.17

The changes look so awesome! I can hardly manage changing my blogger template, so I can’t imagine how tricky it would be with wordpress. Love your new photo too!

• 1.10.17

Oh, man – I’m pretty good with HTML, but I made the horrible mistake of trying to change things one day in WordPress that I completely shut down my site. Oops! And, thanks girl!

16. 1.9.17

White Oak always does a fabulous job. Love how it came out!

xo Jessica

My Style Vita

17. 1.9.17

Cute post! Happy 2017!

18. 1.9.17

Oh my!! I love the new look! I especially love your archives page!
    Kelsey

19. 1.9.17
    Christina Sotherden said:

Love the new look, girlfriend! So clean and pretty!

20. 1.9.17

I love it, Karly! It kind of even fits with the vibe of your home, so I can definitely see that it’s you! I’m excited to explore the features:) For Popular Posts widgets, I really like ones that would allow me to select the time frame from which to select the posts from- some only tended to show my recent posts which I already had a widget for.

• 1.10.17

I’m so glad you said that because that’s EXACTLY what I was going for! The gray background and everything just fits with me and our home decor. 🙂 Thanks for the tip on the Popular Posts widget – I’m just using the built-in Jetpack one right now but want one that’s a bit more custom.

21. 1.9.17
    Jenn said:

Love the new look! Super pretty and your photos are gorgeous!

22. 1.9.17
    Debra Stachelski said:

I like the new design, but more importantly, I like that you are staying true to yourself and doing what makes You happy!

23. 1.9.17

Looks so good – and definitely most important that YOU love it! Happy New Year!

24. 1.9.17