New Year, New Look

Oh, hi! Happy Monday! Notice anything new and different around here today? New year, new look!

New Year, New Look

When I switched to WordPress early last year, I told myself that the days of updating my blog theme were over. Let’s face it – it’s not as easy to make updates yourself on WordPress like it is in Blogger, and WP templates tend to cost a little more money. But, as I stepped away during the holidays and did some soul-searching, I realized that my previous theme was so not me. I definitely chose the previous theme based on what I thought was popular and trendy in the blogging world. I think that is the first time ever in my life that I decided to go with the crowd instead of against it. Obviously, it didn’t sit well with me! I was tired of logging onto my site and never smiling at my own work.

Well, now I’m definitely smiling again! You guys, I really can’t tell you just how stinkin’ happy I am with this design refresh. I wanted something simple with just a little pop, and this theme delivers on just that. No more worry about page breaks, the size of slider featured images … it’s clean, streamlined and easy-to-navigate. I hope that you’ll take a few minutes to click around! My favorite features are the search bar in the top navigation and the pretty portfolio-style archive pages. Seriously, those archive pages are GOLD. I love the grid layout so you quickly and easily can find what you are looking for.

I want to give a big thanks to White Oak Creative for the fantastic (premade!) template and Karli Bell Branding for my new design elements.

I’m excited to start the year fresh and hope that this only will help inspire my creativity going forward!

Psst – can anyone recommend their favorite Popular Posts widget and/or how to set up a MailChimp widget for email subscribers?

1. Looks great lady!! You look beautiful in this photo too. πŸ™‚ I would love to switch my blog design but those WP themes are kind of expensive and I feel like they’re not quite what I’m looking for. I would love some help with it. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  2. I’m FINALLY catching up and I love love love the new blog look lady! So fresh and clean! xx

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  3. Such a fresh + clean new look, lady! I love it!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  4. Love the new look! So fresh for the new year!!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  5. Morgan Gifford wrote:

I love the look! I’m the worst about updating my look (and blog name) but I’ve finally found something I’m happy with.
    The Messy Bun Mama

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  6. absolutely love the new look! and the fact that you love it is the most important thing πŸ™‚

7. Love the new look, so fresh and so clean clean! Beautiful <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  8. Loving the new look! And you are so right – it is not easy so congrats!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  9. Looks great! So clean and simple yet elegant!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  10. It looks great! So fresh and clean. I want to make a change but just don’t have the energy… but love what you’ve done with the place!

Zelle
    Southern Style

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • Thanks, Zelle! I know, getting the energy to do this did take me a while, and you have more than enough on your plate right now I’m sure!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  11. makeupHER wrote:

Love your new look, fresh and clean for the new year!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  12. Your new theme looks so pretty, and it really does look so much like you! It’s just so clean and pretty! I’m glad that you were able to find a them that works well for you, and that you love!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • Thank you! I’m so glad that you said it looks like “me” – means I made the right decision in choosing this theme. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  13. The Adored Life wrote:

I love the changes girl! They look fantastic!

The Adored Life

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

Love the new changes! I’ve thought multiple times about switching to WordPress but for some reason my work computer doesn’t always like WordPress sites so I never made the switch. Love your new design though! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • That’s so weird! But honestly, you’ve designed your site so well that you’d never know it wasn’t on WordPress!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  15. The changes look so awesome! I can hardly manage changing my blogger template, so I can’t imagine how tricky it would be with wordpress. Love your new photo too!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • Oh, man – I’m pretty good with HTML, but I made the horrible mistake of trying to change things one day in WordPress that I completely shut down my site. Oops! And, thanks girl!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  16. White Oak always does a fabulous job. Love how it came out!

xo Jessica

My Style Vita

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • Thank you so much! I really fell in love with her themes – they are just so classic and easy to navigate.

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  17. Cute post! Happy 2017!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  18. Oh my!! I love the new look! I especially love your archives page!
    Kelsey

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

Love the new look, girlfriend! So clean and pretty!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  20. I love it, Karly! It kind of even fits with the vibe of your home, so I can definitely see that it’s you! I’m excited to explore the features:) For Popular Posts widgets, I really like ones that would allow me to select the time frame from which to select the posts from- some only tended to show my recent posts which I already had a widget for.

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
    • I’m so glad you said that because that’s EXACTLY what I was going for! The gray background and everything just fits with me and our home decor. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the tip on the Popular Posts widget – I’m just using the built-in Jetpack one right now but want one that’s a bit more custom.

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  21. Jenn wrote:

Love the new look! Super pretty and your photos are gorgeous!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

I like the new design, but more importantly, I like that you are staying true to yourself and doing what makes You happy!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply
  23. Looks so good – and definitely most important that YOU love it! Happy New Year!

Looks great girl – very chic and clean! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney