New Beauty Favorites

It has been a while since I did a good ‘ol fashion beauty roundup post. So, let’s kick off the week and discuss a few of my new beauty favorites that I’ve purchased, tested, and fallen in love with the last couple months!

New Beauty Favorites

Makeup

Any pictures that you’ve seen of me recently, I’m more than likely wearing the Fiona Stiles Matte Finish Foundation Concentrate (I’m shade 04 for reference; I probably also could wear 03). I struggle to find any foundation that I love as much as the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, but this new foundation comes pretty darn close. It’s a medium-buildable coverage that never gets cakey, so it’s great for everyday wear. It also photographs beautifully! I’m anxious to give this a go at a special event.

I was THRILLED to receive the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette as a Christmas present. I have wanted this palette for-practically-ever, and it has yet to disappoint. The neutral, matte colors are all I’ll ever need in life, and the formula is like buttah.

For my lips, I’ve been addicted to the *LipSense Long Lasting Liquid Lip Color and Moisturizing Gloss in Sheer Berry. Holy moly, this stuff is magic. I’m talking transfer-, smudge- and kiss-proof! It’s one of those two-part lip colors where you apply the color first – I usually do three coats – and then the gloss on top of it. This stuff doesn’t budge until you use makeup remover to take it off. If you want more information about this brand and the products, shoot Ashlee an email. She’s so helpful and sweet!

New Beauty Favorites makeup

I purchased the Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush No. 29 after hearing about it for so long. This is a great brush! It’s the perfect size to apply blush right to the apples of my cheeks. I also never realized how difficult it is to find eyelash curler replacement pads. Thank goodness for Amazon! These from Bella and Bear are good quality, fit practically any eyelash curler, and they’re pink. You can’t beat that.

Hair

I’ve been trying a lot of new hair products lately, which is odd for me. I tend to stick to a few products that I know and love and rarely change it up. Maybe it’s because I’m not too thrilled with my hair at the moment, so I think I’m going to discover some miracle product that will fix it.

I’m religious about using purple shampoo at least every other wash to keep my blonde from getting brassy. I switched from some cheap stuff to the Matrix Total Results So Silver Shampoo, and so far, so good! I can’t say that I notice a huge difference, but I do like the way that this shampoo lathers compared to the other one. It also doesn’t seem to make my hair as dry and brittle, but I always follow up this type of treatment with a thick conditioner on my ends.

Probably my favorite purchase of everything in this post is the Pro Beauty Tools 1.5″ Curling Iron. I would say that these are an exact dupe for Hot Tools curling irons for a little less money, and you can find them at Target! The 1.5″ barrel size is ideal for achieving those relaxed, basically “nothing” waves. These days, I like to have just a little bend and style to my hair, and this curling iron does the trick.

1.5" curling iron effortless waves

I follow this curling tutorial from The Small Things Blog

What new beauty products have you tried and loved lately?

*Indicates that product was sent to me for review. As always, all opinions are honest and 100% my own.

1. Katie Schubert wrote:

Your hair is gorgeous! I’ve been trying some new products lately too, including the Alterna Caviar Repair shampoo/conditioner. LOVE IT so far!

Katie | Willow and White

Posted 1.28.17 Reply
  2. Swooning over your hair! You’re the second person I’ve heard rave about that lipsense line! I’m in desperate need of a few new makeup brushes so I need to check out SK the next time I’m at Target!

Posted 1.24.17 Reply
    • So sweet, thank you! My hair actually is a complete mess right now, so curls are the best way to disguise the mess. I’m loving LipSense – I already ordered a couple more colors, and I’m even toying with the idea of becoming a distributor. And, yes to SK brushes – such good quality!

Posted 1.24.17 Reply
  3. Myra wrote:

Love that lippie, girl! So pretty! Also, your eye makeup is gorgeous. I’m a fan of neutral eyes and I definitely need to learn to do it better, haha. xx

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
    • Awe, so sweet – thank you! I didn’t know how to apply eyeshadow until college – YouTube is a magical thing!

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
  4. Your makeup looks flawaless! Love that lip color! I may have to give that purple shampoo a try. I’m running out of mine from the salon and I’d rather pay that price instead!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
    • Right?! I was surprised that even for Matrix that the shampoo was so affordable. Let me know if you give it a try!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  5. Lauren Scorzafava wrote:

Loving your hair and makeup here!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  6. You look so beautiful!! I love that lip color. Can you recommend a good hair dryer? I have one that I think is going to go soon.. Let me know and I hope that you have a great day! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
    • I actually just got the Rusk Speed Freak dryer for Christmas and love it. Just be careful to only keep it on the low or medium heat setting because it gets hot!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply

You always do a great job with natural eye shadows so I’m glad that palette is a winner for you! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! I know I need to do something different one of these days, but you just can’t go wrong with neutral shadows lol. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.17.17 Reply

Loving that lip color! I’ve never heard of that brand but it sounds amazing! And your hair always looks so amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
    • I’d never heard of it either – it’s an independent brand – but I am so hooked! I already ordered another color from Ashlee. Thanks, girl!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  9. Jessica wrote:

I need to get better about trying new products! I’m just so into my boring ol basics but that curling wand I need to try!!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

10. Molly O'Connor wrote:

This look is so fresh and your hair looks great!! My skin is freaking out so I neeeed to find a product that works!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  11. You hair looks so good! I have heard good things about all the Kat Von D things but have yet to try them.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  12. Oh my goodness your curls are perfection! I love The Small Things blog! She always has the best hair and makeup tutorials! I haven’t tried the Kat Von D palette, but everything else that I have from her (lipstick and eyeliner) is always so awesome!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
    • I absolutely love her hair tutorials – I think we have similar hair, so it’s pretty easy for me to follow her instructions on stuff. πŸ™‚ That KVD palette is so amazing, definitely a new favorite!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply

These photos are amazing! Your curls are perfect and I love this lip color!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  14. Your hair always looks amazing, I need to try out that curling iron size and that Kat Von D palette sounds fabulous <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  15. Your hair looks fabulous! And I’m in the market for a new blush brush – adding that one to my Target shopping list!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply

Beautiful hair and makeup!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  17. i’ve heard great things about the kat von d palettes, but i don’t own any. that lip colour is gorgeous on you! i am with you on the ‘nothing’ waves, that’s definitely what i strive for when i curl my hair. i just got a new curling iron – i mentioned to my bestie/hairdresser that i was going to try one of the hot tools one and she was like, no. haha. not that they are bad (she uses them!) but she was like, i’ll get you one. i know what you need and want. and of course, she was right πŸ˜‰

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
    • What kind of curling iron did she get you/recommend to you? I would just be curious, I love to know what the professionals are using! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.16.17 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney