Drugstore Beauty Wish List

My makeup collection is pretty eclectic these days. I will use a $3 blush and then a $45 eye shadow palette. I am, however, working to use up products before I buy new ones. I also try to only have available to myself what I know works and that I love. But, let’s face it – as a beauty junkie, I’ll never resist the chance to try new products! And, I justify this habit by primarily shopping at the drugstore. Drugstore makeup continues to blow me away. There are some products out there that rival, or are sometimes better than their high-end counterparts! I’m definitely in the mood to freshen things up for the remainder of the winter season, so it’s the perfect time to compile a drugstore beauty wish list.

Drugstore Beauty Wish List

cream bronzer | cushion compact contour | setting spray | cream blush | pressed powder

My skin is going through a bit of a freak out, and I’m not entirely sure why. My skincare routine hasn’t changed, and I haven’t made any major changes to face makeup. I blame the dry winter air! No amount of moisturizer will hydrate my skin at the moment, so I have to try to work with what I have. That’s why I want to incorporate more cream products into my makeup routine.

The Beautifully Bare line from e.l.f. caught my eye at the store – the packaging is so pretty, and the cream blush looks like the perfect color to give your cheeks a subtle flush. Elle recently compared the Sonia Kashuk Creme Bronzer to the Chanel Soleil Bronzer, which sold me. It may not be an exact dupe, but it’s close enough. I like the price tag a lot better, too.

I’m also interested in the whole cushion compact craze. Have any of you tried cushion products? I just saw a YouTube beauty vlogger use the new Wet ‘n’ Wild cushion contour and was impressed with how natural it looked. My hope is that this will work for those “no makeup makeup” days!

What’s on your beauty wish list, high-end or drugstore?

Be sure to also check out my recent new beauty favorites.

1. It’s definitely easier to justify buying drugstore makeup when it’s affordable! I used to be so obsessed with cream products, but don’t really have any anymore so I really should finally check out that bronzer.

Posted 2.2.17 Reply
    • I’m slowly working some more cream products into my collection, too. They’re great when my skin is dry this time of year!

Posted 2.7.17 Reply

I’m definitely going to have to check out that cream blush! I’m all about the cream blushes in the drier seasons too. And I feel you on the skin freak out, mine has been doing the same thing! So annoying!

3. EdyeNicolesMakeup wrote:

I really want to check out that NYX powder as well. I’ve heard mixed reviews and hope it will be good 🙂

Blessings,
    Edye | Gracefulcoffee.com

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  4. I am really curious about that setting spray. That is a great price. I threw out a bunch of makeup that I never use and I am so happy that I did that. Makes room for new things haha. Do you have any thing that you love to use to cure chapped lips? I feel like I’m putting chapstick on every 20 minutes haha. Let me know. 🙂

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
    • I just make sure to exfoliate my lips once a week and apply a heavy lip balm at night. The Rosebud Salve is my favorite.

Posted 2.1.17 Reply
  5. I am a total drugstore beauty person myself though I rarely try anything new. I have been wanting some new lip shades. Fun list!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  6. I’m also one that will buy a whole lot of beauty products even when I still have some leftover! I need to start seeing if some drugstore makeup will work just as well because I don’t think that my bank account can handle all high end makeup! That elf cream blush looks so beautiful!

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  7. I’m so bad about not deviating from the path of my tried and true favorites! Thank you for some new inspo to try out.

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  8. I love the cream bronzer!
    Dora http://www.BangsBang.com

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  9. So many drugstore goodies! I’ve been spending wayyyyy too much money in Target’s beauty aisle 😉

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  10. I haven’t heard much about cream products, this makes me want to give them a try! And I’d love to hear how that setting spray is- I’ve never used one but definitely need something to keep my face looking fresh all day at school!

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  11. I’m intrigued by the cream bronzer! Definitely checking that one out on my next Target trip!

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  12. i haven’t tried any of these products – i have a few ‘higher end’ products but i mainly stick to drugstore because of the cost. i’m trying to be good and not buy anything new though, and just using what i have/what i know works. you’ll have to let us know how these go if you get them 🙂

13. Mes Voyages à Paris wrote:

I love these products!!

xx

Mónica Sors

MES VOYAGES À PARIS

NEW POST: MY RED CARPET LOOK // MI LOOK DE ALFOMBRA ROJA

Posted 1.30.17 Reply
  14. SO many great products. Love e.l.f !

Posted 1.30.17 Reply

I totally agree about drug store beauty products, they have come a long way and I think the quality is really good. Keep us posted on how these products work for you!

16. Rachel wrote:

I need to try that NYX powder – they always have the best products!

Rachel / http://www.helloher.co

Posted 1.30.17 Reply

I love all the Nyx products – It started with a lipgloss and spiraled on from there – I haven’t tried any of the powders/bronzers yet so I’m interested to see what you think!

Posted 1.30.17 Reply

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts when you buy these products – I haven’t tried any of them! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts