Our Modern Farmhouse Dining Room & Neutral Thanksgiving Table

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, friends! As promised, I’m here to kick off the holiday weekend with another home room reveal. I’m so excited to share with you our modern farmhouse dining room & neutral Thanksgiving table!

Thanks to Ryan and a lot of hard work, we finished our dining area last weekend just in time for our holiday guests to arrive. No room reveal would be complete without a look at the before. Remember when our dining room looked like this?

img_2254

The carpet! The 90’s-style chandelier! The oak wood! It’s what some of my nightmares are made of.

But, low and behold, we were able to transform the space into a light and airy space that I want to entertain in all the time.

Our Modern Farmhouse Dining Room & Neutral Thanksgiving Table

I know that I’m bias, but isn’t it so pretty?! I can’t get over how much natural light filters in through this room, so it makes it seem bigger than it really is.

My favorite part about this room are all the little details because Ryan and I DIY’ed most of them. The botanical prints on the one wall were free printables that I found via Pinterest. We took them to Staples to be enlarged and printed, and then we found some $3.50 poster frames at IKEA. Oh, and you know these popular galvanized wall buckets from Magnolia Market? They go for $34 a piece. I showed a picture to Ryan, and he recreated the wall buckets for less than $15! We bought the tin buckets from Joann Fabric, cut them in half, and added a piece of plywood to the back. Easy peasy and such a cost-savings!

Modern Farmhouse Dining Room DecorRustic iron gate and galvanized wall buckets in farmhouse dining room

For our Thanksgiving table decor, I (of course) was drawn to a neutral palette with a few pops of copper and rustic touches. The wood chargers were another easy DIY project that we knocked out in a couple days. We followed this tutorial. Would you ever guess that those napkin rings are from the dollar section at Target? For $3 a pack, they are good quality with a decent amount of weight to them. For the centerpiece, I just kept it simple with a neutral runner and a cute fake floral pumpkin arrangement from HomeGoods. I plan to keep the candles and hurricane vases on the table for any season and holiday since they serve as a neutral accent to any centerpiece I put out.

Rustic farmhouse Thanksgiving table setting with The Pioneer Woman Cowgirl Lace dishesOur Modern Farmhouse Dining Room & Neutral Thanksgiving Table

We still need to add a couple more dining chairs – for now, we just use our french farmhouse black chairs from the kitchen – and Ryan also wants to build a long side table/buffet for under the botanical prints. There isn’t a whole lot of space back there, so anything that we make will be just wide enough to be functional for plates, platters, etc.

I hope that you enjoyed our modern farmhouse dining room & neutral Thanksgiving table as much as I do! I’ve included a source list below and linked to as many items as possible. But, as always, feel free to email me if you have any questions or are looking for something specific!

To all of you with hosting duties tomorrow (myself included!), I am thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. I will be in the kitchen a majority of the day today with prep work and cooking any side dishes that can be made ahead of time. Anything to make tomorrow a little easier, right? I more than likely will be quiet around here for the remainder of the week, so Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Source list:
Paint color: Alpaca by Sherwin Williams
Bamboo shades: Home Decorator’s Collection
Curtains: Pottery Barn
Chandelier: Lowe’s
Table: Birch Lane
Chairs: Pier 1
Botanical prints: Free printables, IKEA frames
Wall gate: Pier 1
Galvanized wall buckets and stems: DIY, materials from Joann Fabric
Wood chargers: DIY, we used this tutorial
Dishes: The Pioneer Woman Paige Collection
Napkins: Pier 1
Napkin rings: Dollar section at Target
Misc. table decor: HomeGoods & Hobby Lobby

Psst … also see Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Reveal, Modern Farmhouse Sitting Room Design, and Where I Shop for Affordable Home Decor.

1. The Adored Life wrote:

I LOVE the update girl! You do such an amazing job!

Posted 11.21.17 Reply
  2. you and Ryan are so crafty! it looks amazing, you did a fabulous job 🙂

Posted 12.6.16 Reply
  3. Emily Dunham wrote:

Gorgeous! Such a huge transformation. Looks so lovely and I can’t get over cutting the bucket in half – genius!

Posted 12.1.16 Reply
  4. Diana wrote:

Love your before & after pics!

Posted 11.28.16 Reply
  5. Looove how everything turned out! The wood chargers are so cool, and I love how well everything goes along with the overall theme of the room!

Posted 11.28.16 Reply
  6. So dreamy!! I love the deco!
    Dora http://www.BangsBang.com

Posted 11.27.16 Reply
  7. Oh my goodness, it looks so pretty! I love the prints and how you styled it for the holiday.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 11.25.16 Reply
  8. Laura wrote:

You did a beautiful job! Looks like something out of a magazine!

Posted 11.24.16 Reply
  9. katie arnold wrote:

Wow, the room and table look fantastic! Love the DIY tin wall buckets…..such a great idea to save some money!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
    • Thank you! I’m so lucky that I have a handy (and patient) husband that is willing to do those things for me. 🙂

Posted 11.28.16 Reply

I’m finally finding time to catch up on my favourite blogs and as soon as I saw this I got so excited! It turned out so perfectly!! We’re just starting to get settled in the new house and this is such amazing inspiration for the dining room.That table is pretty much exactly the shape that I’m looking for! Furnishing a house can get so expensive, it’s amazing what you guys were able to DIY!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
    • Hey, lady! So happy to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words, I can’t rave about that table enough. Hope you’re enjoying getting settled!

Posted 11.28.16 Reply
  11. Such a gorgeous room! That tablescape is absolute perfection, and I need those chairs! Have an amazing Thanksgiving weekend <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  12. Your dining room is so perfect! I love how you were able to make quite a few things by yourself and save money in the process! I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving and have fun hosting!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
    • Thank you! It’s always such a fun challenge to try to DIY things and save a bit of money. I appreciate your kind words!

Posted 11.28.16 Reply

YOu did an incredible job!! No detail was overlooked here!! xo, Biana

Posted 11.23.16 Reply

AMAZING! I’m having serious envy – definitely saving this for inspiration for our dining room at the new house! The wood chargers look amazing – love that it was a DIY!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
    • Thank you! The chargers were seriously so easy, anyone could make them. I bet you’re getting so excited for your new house!

Posted 11.28.16 Reply
  15. PERFECTION!!! I love it – great job you guys! And check out the Everett foyer table from World Market for a skinny, long console. We have it in our dining room and it’s just the right size!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  16. Gorgeous space! It’s so much brighter and airy – nice work! Happy Thanksgiving! Have a good time hosting in your new rooms!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  17. Wow, this is such a beautiful room! And I love that you guys kept a lot of the details budget friendly. Definitely saving this post for a rainy day…AKA when I hopefully have a house of my own in a year or two! Loving that wall color, too. Great job 🙂

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
    • Thank you! I’m all about budget-friendly/DIY decor since it really can add up when you’re working on an entire house. We have that same paint color in our family room – we just love it.

Posted 11.28.16 Reply

This room turned out just beautiful, you and Ryan did a fabulous job with everything! Happy Thanksgiving, we will miss being there!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply
  19. Wow!! So beautiful!!! What an amazing job you guys did!! Happy Thanksgiving!! 🙂

20. Ashley wrote:

This is beautiful Karly!! I love seeing before and afters and you crushed yours. Happy Thanksgiving lady!

Posted 11.23.16 Reply

Your decor is so gorgeous! Can you come decorate my house?! You did such an amazing job on everything girl. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!<3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts