10.14.16 31

What I’m Loving This Week

Hello, Friday! It’s hard to believe that this time last week, we were just getting home from our trip. Anybody else find this week to move at a snail’s pace? I already am counting down the minutes until my date with the couch, DVR and a large glass of wine.

What I'm Loving This Week

Outfit details in this post

Weekend plans are far and few between so far, which I’m not complaining about. Ryan is back on his regular work rotation, and I still am catching up from last week. Fall weather is in full force, though so that means sunny days and walks with Finn, and chilly nights under a cozy blanket with a cup of hot cider. Has anyone watched the Justin Timberlake concert film on Netflix yet? I think that’s going to be our weekend movie, but I would love to hear from someone who’s watched it already!

Before we head off into the weekend, here’s what I’m loving this week.

| Fellow bloggers: are you following Blogging For Keeps? If not, you should be! Jess and Blair are beyond knowledgeable in this field, and their advice is both personal and practical. I just started the #BFKChallenge, and the daily emails and tasks are ridiculously helpful.

| That Thing You Do! is one of my all-time favorite movies, which celebrated it’s 20th anniversary a few weeks back. I loved this cast interview to commemorate the occasion. Fun fact: they didn’t really sing in the movie!

| Anybody heard of or tried Kayla Itsine’s workout program/app? A feature in Women’s Health Magazine caught my interest.

| With our family photo session finished – I’m dying to see the finished results! – I already am thinking ahead to our holiday cards. Minted announced their 2016 design challenge winners, and of course I love Chip’s and Joanna’s favorite card.

| The new Skinnytaste cookbook arrived in my mailbox this week, and I already can tell that it’s going to be a new favorite. Who’s tried some of the recipes already? Any favorites?

That’s all for now! Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you here next week!

Linking up with Amanda.

1. Emily Dunham wrote:

I can’t wait to hear about the Skinnytaste cookbook – I have it on my Christmas list!

Published 10.24.16
  2. I’ve done two rounds of Kayla Itsine’s BBG 1 workouts! My results weren’t crazy amazing compared to a lot of other girls, but overall I love the program. Skinnytaste Cookbook sounds like something I definitely need to get my hands on!

Published 10.15.16
    • Thanks for letting me know! I don’t know how I had never heard of those workouts. And, yes to the Skinnytaste cookbook!

Published 10.16.16
  3. Ohhh I’d love the Skinny Taste cookbook. Need to check that out.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Published 10.15.16
  4. I definitely need to snag the Skinnytaste cookbook ASAP. Hope you have a great weekend!

Zelle
    Southern Style

Published 10.14.16
  5. That Skinnytaste cookbook sounds amazing, and so does your weekend date with the couch, tv, and wine. Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

Published 10.14.16
  6. I’m also so excited about the new Skinnytaste cookbook! What do you think is going to be your favorite? I’m hoping that her goulash recipe is as awesome as the goulash we ate in Europe, and I bet that it will be! She can do no wrong in my book! I hope that my Friday night is just like yours because this week has dragged for me too!

Published 10.14.16
    • There’s quite a few soups in there that I’m excited to try, especially a roasted red pepper one. Yum!

Published 10.16.16
  7. Darcy from A Memory of Us wrote:

OO I am going to have to check out hte new Minted designs. I always love their stuff!

Published 10.14.16
  8. I’m going to check out the BFK blog for sure! I’ve heard great things about the Kayla Itsines program!! It’s supposed to really tough. Have a great weekend!
    Kelsey

Published 10.14.16
  9. can’t wait to hear about the cookbook, i am always looking for new cookbooks and i love all of skinnytaste’s recipes that i’ve tried. i’ve heard of kayla, she’s huge at home. i’ve never done her workout though, because truthfully, i can’t be bothered haha. it looks really hard!

Published 10.14.16
    • Bahaha – I know, after looking at it more I was like “woah.” So, I probably won’t do it. I definitely will post more about the cookbook when I try a few recipes!

Published 10.16.16
  10. I love that card too, it is beautiful!! I will have to check out that blog and looking forward to hearing how you like the Skinnytaste cookbook! Her recipes are great and they always turn out well. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Published 10.14.16
  11. Ooh thanks for linking to Chip and Jo’s card – I love it! Can’t believe That Thing You Do is 20 years old already. That makes me feel so old! haha. Checking out that BFK blog. Happy Friday, girl!

Published 10.14.16

Gosh, it’s hard to believe “That Thing You Do” is 20 years old! One of our favorites and it was fun to read what the cast had to say about the film after all this time. You’ll have to give us all a review on the Skinnytaste cookbook!

13. Rebecca wrote:

I have been “doing” Kayla’s BBG. It is so hard (I haven’t stuck to a workout schedule in so long) that I have to do the weeks more than once, but I really like it.

14. Ashley wrote:

My Skinnytaste cookbook delivers today and I’m SO excited! I seriously love all of Gina’s recipes and can’t wait to try the new ones!

Published 10.14.16

I can’t believe That Thing You Do is 20 years old… man I feel old now! And yay for the new Skinnytaste cook book! If you find any amazing recipes, you have to share! 🙂 Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Published 10.14.16

I watched the film when it came out since I had the day off on Wednesday and honestly it was just his concert…I thought it was going to be a bit better 🙁 Oh man how is that thing you do 20 years old…that makes me feel mega old!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Published 10.14.16
    • I’m thrilled that so many of you love That Thing You Do as much as I do, ha! Definitely makes me feel old, though. And, thanks for letting me know about JT on Netflix – I’ll probably just turn it on while I’m doing other things then!

Published 10.16.16