Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Reveal

It’s finally here – our modern farmhouse kitchen reveal! First, I have a confession. We still are waiting for replacement doors and drawers, and this space is far from decor perfection. But, you know what? If I kept waiting to share the space until I felt that it was picture-perfect (which, let’s face it, probably never will be), then you’d never see it! I am so proud of what we started with and where we are now. Our vision and plans came to life, so what could be better?

For one last time, we of course have to pay respects to what the kitchen once was. Oh, you sad 90s-style oak cabinets and laminate counter tops. I really don’t miss you. Like, at all.

kitchen renovation before

I much prefer our new and improved, modern farmhouse kitchen! Note: A thunderstorm crept up right as we started shooting these photos, so forgive the lighting. We also had to use our horrible kit lens because the 50mm can’t capture enough of the room aka I need to invest in a 35mm lens stat.

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Revealmodern-farmhouse-kitchen-reveal-9

Poor Finn was afraid of the thunderstorm, so he kept jumping up on me to be held like a baby. I guess he just wanted to show his love for the kitchen, too!

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Revealmodern-farmhouse-kitchen-reveal-5The farmhouse sink is still the showstopper of the space. I thought the novelty would’ve wore off by now, but nope. I still smile at it almost every day because I can’t believe I finally have something that I always wanted. It’s the best feeling! Not to mention that soaking large pans is now a breeze.

Oh, and that distressed Farmhouse sign? I made that. Yes, me who is craft-challenged. Now that I’ve made one and know how easy and inexpensive it is, I get a good laugh of what Etsy shops charge for those. Trust me – if you want one of these signs, you can make it yourself no matter your level of expertise. I followed this tutorial, and it was a piece of cake.

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Revealmodern-farmhouse-kitchen-reveal-10modern-farmhouse-kitchen-reveal-7

I couldn’t get a good picture of it, but it’s so nice to have a normal-size pantry – finally! Since Ryan and I have lived together and been married, we’ve never had a “real” pantry. We converted coat closets in our rentals into pantries with free-standing shelving units. And, in our rental house, we had a similar pantry to what used to be in here, but it was even smaller. Now, in addition to food storage, we also have extra storage for small appliances and other items or utensils that we don’t want to store in the actual kitchen cabinets. Everything is within an arm’s reach, and I don’t have to go into the basement to find a serving platter or the slow cooker. That’s what I like to call #winning.

The floating shelves will continue to be a work in-progress. It will be fun to change up the decor with the seasons, so rarely will they look the same for too long. It was hard for me not to put up a third shelf – everything looks better in odd numbers – but our ceilings just aren’t high enough. I think we get away with it, though and two looks like the perfect number for the space.

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen RevealModern Farmhouse Kitchen Reveal

So, there it is – our modern farmhouse kitchen reveal. I hope that you love it as much as we do! Most of the decor I already had or came from TJMaxx/Home Goods, so I didn’t think it would be useful to put together a source list. If you have questions about anything specific, don’t hesitate to ask!

1. 10.5.16
    mdb0112 said:

OMG, Karly! This looks SO great! I feel you on waiting until it looks perfect, but omg, it looks perfect! Your Farmhouse sign is amazing! You go girl! xx, I’m Fixin’ To

2. 10.3.16

Ahh everything turned out so perfect! I love how bright the space looks and I know you were worried about having 2 shelves vs 3, but I think the 2 look perfect! I still can’t get over the sign you made- it looks so good.

3. 10.2.16
    Rachel M said:

Love this! The houses we’re looking at all have outdated kitchens, so I’m mentally preparing for a total renovation on ours when we get a house! May come to you with questions when that time comes 🙂

4. 9.24.16

Oh my gosh, dream kitchen goals. This is so pretty! What a transformation from before to after. I love it!

5. 9.23.16

Oh Karly it’s beautiful! I love the floating shelves, and that sink!!! It looks so pleasant and happy to cook in! Makes me want to get started working in mine:) I love it!

6. 9.23.16
    EdyeNicolesMakeup said:

It looks amazing, Karly! I love the cabinets!! 🙂

Blessings,
    Edye | gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

7. 9.22.16
    Ashley Sorrick said:

What a beautiful kitchen!! Y’all did an amazing job and it’s even sweeter y’all did it yourselves!! Enjoy 🙂

8. 9.22.16

OH MY GOSH!!!! Your kitchen looks amazing and is *totally* perfect!!

Rachel / http://www.seashellsandsparkles.com

9. 9.22.16
    Emily Dunham said:

Your kitchen turned out so gorgeous!!! I definitely am checking out that tutorial – your sign looks great!

10. 9.22.16
    Heather Dahlen said:

Gorgeous! I want everything in there, including Finn.

11. 9.22.16
    Maya McDonald said:

WHAAAAAA? This is amazing – so excited for you!

12. 9.22.16

It looks SO good, lady! Gorgeous and bright!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

13. 9.22.16

Your kitchen looks great! Congrats!

14. 9.21.16
    Diana said:

WoW! Enjoyed the snapchat progress along the way & now finally got to see the finished kitchen!

15. 9.21.16
    A said:

It looks great! Like it should be in a magazine!

16. 9.21.16
    Sierra said:

Your kitchen looks great! I love the bright white and clean lines. And that sink! Beautifully Candid

17. 9.21.16

It looks great! I love all the white, so fresh and clean.

18. 9.21.16
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

So so pretty! I LOVE it!!

19. 9.21.16

Yay!! Love it. It is gorgeous and I love all the farmhouse details. And for what it’s worth, I think the two shelves look great! Amazing job!

20. 9.21.16

Oh my gosh, it’s gorgeous! I love it!

Zelle
    Southern Style

21. 9.21.16

Love, love, love! Everything turned out perfectly!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

22. 9.21.16

oh my gosh you’re crazy, odd numbers give me anxiety! hahaha. but i think it would look good with 2 or 3, and i love that you can change the decor up with the seasons. so fun! and man oh man i am obsessed with that sink. i want a large sink so bad, it would make soaking things so much easier lol. you know you’re an adult when…. lol. YAY for pantry!! it all looks super fabulous.

23. 9.21.16

Such a beautiful space! Everything is perfection and well worth the wait and frustrations! And Finn is too cute jumping into your arms <3
    Green Fashionista

24. 9.21.16
    Christina Sotherden said:

Gorgeous!!! The kitchen turned out amazing but all the decor you picked out is just perfect! I am still obsessed with that sign you made – looks professional!

25. 9.21.16
    Debra Stachelski said:

What a beautiful kitchen, everything looks amazing! I know all the hard work and frustration it took to get there, but it was all worth it! I can’t wait to see it in person! I think you will inspire many kitchen make-overs.

26. 9.21.16

Are you kidding me?!? This IS decor perfection!!! Job well done lady – it looks so amazing! Love those floating shelves, it will be so fun to switch things up with the seasons!

• 9.21.16

You are so sweet, thank you! I think I just have perfectionist tendencies and will never think it’s just right. 🙂 The shelves are my favorite!

27. 9.21.16

Looks amazing!! I love it!! 🙂

28. 9.21.16
    Ashley said:

This turned out SO good!! I love farmhouse sink and this one definitely makes the space!

29. 9.21.16

Oh my GOSH it looks GREAT!! I love the after. Perfect!

30. 9.21.16
    Gentry said:

Oh my goodness the space looks amazing!! Absolutely love what you did and all the great decor!

31. 9.21.16
    Biana Perez said:

It’s gorgeous girl! I love the open shelves and the wine holder above the fridge – every detail is perfect! xo, biana –BlovedBoston

32. 9.21.16

OMG your kitchen turned out so great!! Love it girl!