Fall Closet Staples

Happy Monday, everybody! I know that I’m guilty of saying this all the time, but I can’t believe that it’s the last week of September!  There is so much to look forward to in the next few weeks, though that I can’t say I’m sad to see another month slip by. Since our temperatures are holding steady in the 60s, I decided that this is the week to switch over my closet. I had the chance to finally wear a few of my fall closet staples this weekend, so I’m officially ready to say goodbye to summer clothes for the season.

Fall Closet StaplesFall Closet StaplesFall Closet Staples

Like many of us, fall is my favorite time to dress. Jeans, jackets, boots – you name it, I love it. I purchased this utility jacket during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale (remember my hits and misses?), and I was reminded of what a workhorse this jacket will be all season long. It will go with practically anything! I love how lightweight it is, too – it doesn’t feel heavy or bulky like some jackets can. Plus, even a size small is a tad big on me so I’ll be able to wear this jacket over thinner sweaters for a bit more warmth.

I typically gravitate toward darker colors this time of year, too. In clothes, lip colors and nail polish, I much prefer moodier hues. This T-shirt tunic makes for a great layering piece, and it’s long enough to wear with leggings/jeggings. It is a little on the sheer side, though so make sure to wear a nude bra and/or layer up with a jacket and necklace or scarf. I purchased this tassel necklace from Etsy a couple years ago, and it still is one of my favorites to wear. We all know and agree that leopard print is a neutral, so I love to throw it in with accessories.

Fall Closet StaplesFall Closet StaplesFall Closet Staples

utility jacket (similar, I actually think I like this one better!) & T-shirt tunic (no longer available), Nordstrom | jeans, Old Navy | ankle boots, Kohl’s (similar) | purse, Payless (similar) | necklace, Etsy | sunnies, Amazon

Being the last week of the month, I’m gearing up for a busy one! Between getting ready for vacation, two more jury summons’, a hair appointment, and everything in between, fall already is off to a hectic start. I wouldn’t have it any other way!

What are your fall closet staples?

1. i wear a cami under everything, so no biggie, but it really bugs me when a dark shirt is sheer lol. you look fabulous as always!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
    • Haha, I normally do, too! A nude bra with this shirt, though seemed to do the trick, especially since I layered up. Thanks, girlfriend!

Posted 9.30.16 Reply
  2. I have a navy utility jacket that I love wearing in fall! I’ve worn it twice this week and am planning on wearing it tomorrow again. Oops haha

Caitlyn | http://www.collegewithcaitlyn.com

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  3. Maggie wrote:

You look absolutely adorable! I just love your style, honestly. This is one of the cutest fall outfits I’ve seen (and I do love the hint of leopard print!)

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  4. These colors look great on you! I didn’t grab a utility jacket during the sale and I still regret it.. Its one of the few olive items I don’t own:). Love that necklace too!

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! I’m loving the utility jacket – so glad that I have both a vest and jacket now to choose from.

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  5. Maya McDonald wrote:

Ummm…how cute are you? I LOVE the fact that we’re twinning in the purse department too! xx

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  6. EdyeNicolesMakeup wrote:

Love your whole look! My fall staples are boots, scarves, and dark lip colors =)

Blessings,
    Edye | gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  7. I liiiiiive in my utility jacket this time of year- seriously, it’s such a workhorse piece.

You look so cute, babe!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  8. Utility jacket = biggest must have ever! I wear mine almost year round! You look awesome!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  9. Cute everyday look girl!

Xx Taylor

Posted 9.26.16 Reply

I don’t know how we’re about to finish up another month already – it’s crazy! This is the perfect fall look – I love it!

11. what a great look! Today would be perfect to wear this

Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  12. I can’t wait until it finally gets into the 60s down here! We’re supposed to have a small cool front and then I’ll definitely be breaking out all the booties and sweaters and scarves! I love that jacket so much, and it really is a great staple for you throughout the fall!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  13. Loving this outfit! Fall closet staples for sure. The burgundy and olive are great together.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  14. That jacket is so perfect, I love anything when things have a cinched waist & that t-shirt looks so cozy!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  15. Cutest! Loving that jacket!

Zelle
    Southern Style

16. Sara Kate Steadman wrote:

Cute!! I love that jacket! I’m a sucker for anything army green.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

17. Jessi Otey wrote:

Love the colors, love the bag and love your hair! Closet switch over is one of my fav things and Fall staple?? Hmm open cardys and comfy sweaters!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply

Very cute outfit, I can honestly say I’m ready for some cooler weather and jeans!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  19. Such a cute fall outfit! Love that jacket.

20. Jenn wrote:

Love all of the parts of this look! I definitely have a lot of these pieces to recreate this look! 🙂

21. Love that top!

Posted 9.26.16 Reply

I love the color of that top with the leopard purse – such a great combo!! I’m so excited for the change and to finally get to wear boots and booties!! Great look girl! xo, biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 9.26.16 Reply
  23. Love the military jackets. I definitely need one of those in my closet this fall along with a couple burgundy shirts.