9.28.16 36

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

Just as I like to switch over my closet with the change of seasons, I do the same with my makeup! All the pink/coral-toned products get stored away, and in their place comes the more muted tones of brown and mauve. The only constant in my makeup collection are my neutral eye shadow palettes. I’m able to use my neutral shadows all year, but it’s around this time that I start to play with the darker shadows in the palettes for a more fall-appropriate look. I’m excited to partner again with Luminess Air to show you an easy neutral fall eye makeup tutorial with their Simply Nude Palette

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

As I’m sure you can tell from the photo, the Luminess Air Simply Nude Palette is a dead-ringer for the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Are the shadows on par with the quality of the Naked palette? No, but they are surprisingly pigmented and easy-to-blend for a less-expensive option.

Before diving into the eye shadow, I always first fill in my brows. This helps to better define and give shape to the eye area. Luminess Air sent me the Waterproof Automatic Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe to try out, but unfortunately the color wasn’t a good match for my brows. However, color aside, I was impressed with the formula of the product. It is pretty creamy, so you’ll want to set it with a brow gel, but it applied well and was easy to blend out with the brush on the other end of the pencil. I only would recommend this shade, though to those with warmer-toned brow hairs.

I already primed my eyes to save time, so make sure you don’t skip this step before applying eye shadow!

With your ring finger, swipe the third shadow all over the lid. Don’t worry about being too precise – we’re going to blend it out in a minute!

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

Again with your ring finger – use your other hand or just wipe off your finger with a makeup wipe – lightly dab the fourth color in onto the center of your lid. This will help to brighten everything up.

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

With a large blending blush, buff the fifth color in into and slightly above your crease.

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

Then, take the first lightest shade and blend that right under the brow bone and into the inner corners of your eyes. I usually use a fluffy angled brush for this, but a flat dome-shaped brush or pencil brush work well, too.

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

I typically skip eyeliner since I have hooded lids, but now would be the time to apply liner if you want more definition to your lash line. You also could use a small flat angled brush and use eye shadow as liner for a softer effect, which is what I did here. I used the dark brown shade, fifth from the right, just on the outer half of my lash line.

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

Finally, give your lashes a good curl and pack on the mascara! I start with this lash primer, followed by one to two coats of this mascara, and then finish off with several swipes of this cult classic.

That’s it! You and your eye makeup are ready for a day of fall fun.

Easy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup TutorialEasy Neutral Fall Eye Makeup Tutorial

If you’re interested in trying the eyebrow pencil that I mentioned or the eye shadow palette, Luminess Air is offering 25% off to Miss in the Midwest readers! Simply use code MissMid25 at checkout to receive the discount.

Do you keep your eye makeup neutral year round, or do you play around with different colors?

Thank you to Luminess Air for sponsoring this post. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.

1. This is such a gorgeous look– and the palette definitely looks like a great selection of neutrals!

Published 10.3.16
  2. This look turned out great! By the way, I love your necklace.

Published 9.29.16
  3. So pretty, girlfriend. Love this!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Published 9.29.16
  4. So pretty I love it! I love your sweater too. 🙂 I also hope that you are having a great week!!

Published 9.29.16
  5. Evelina wrote:

I love this colour combo! Its perfect for the office or daytime in general. What primer do you use? I usually just use concealer but I find that it creases pretty bad.
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

Published 9.28.16
    • Thank you! Right now, I’m switching between the LORAC and NYX HD primer because I’m trying to use them up. My holy grail, though is the NARS Pro Primer.

Published 9.30.16
  6. That palette really is a dead ringer for the Naked Palette! I love how simple and pretty your eye makeup is! It’s so perfect for fall!

Published 9.28.16
  7. You should write a post on how to take pictures for a beauty post:) Neutral eye shadow looks like this are pretty much the extent of my eye makeup knowledge, and I’m always on the lookout for an affordable option to the Naked Palette!

Published 9.28.16
    • Oh man, if only you knew – this one wasn’t so bad, but usually Ryan and I are at each other’s throats when we’re shooting a makeup tutorial. Ha! But thank you. 🙂

Published 9.30.16

I always love neutrals – these colors look perfect! And you look gorgeous!

9. Ashley wrote:

I really need to switch my makeup for fall/winter! Great reminder! Your eyeshadow looks so pretty here!

Published 9.28.16
  10. I’m such a creature of habit and the only thing I change up for the seasons is my lipstick colors! Love this look though! I always go neutral if I’m doing eye shadow.

11. Jenn wrote:

You look gorgeous as always! 🙂

Published 9.28.16
  12. Such a beautiful palette, and love the look you created! Perfect for fall <3
    Green Fashionista

Published 9.28.16
  13. Love the way this turned out! I usually go for a more neutral look too and even skip shadow most days, so this is up my alley.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Published 9.28.16

A very pretty pallette and you look just beautiful in these pictures!

Published 9.28.16
  15. Great tutorial. I always need help when it comes to makeup. Thanks for sharing!

Published 9.28.16
  16. you’re so beautiful! love this look. i pretty much wear neutral all year round, though to be honest i am horrible with eyeshadow and when i do wear it, it’s like one colour haha because i can’t do the blending and all that without looking like a raccoon.

Published 9.28.16
    • I’m actually loving the whole one eye shadow look lately, too! Especially with a darker color because then you can just blend it into the crease, and it looks like you have more than one on. Your makeup always looks so pretty!

Published 9.30.16
      • trust me, my makeup only looks pretty when my friends do it (which is every time we go out lol). good point about the darker colour, i will try that!

Published 9.30.16
  17. Mónica Sors wrote:

Very beautiful 😉
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MY NEW YORK TRAVEL OUTFITS & DIARY!
    DON’T MISS: WANT TO TRAVEL TO YOUR DREAM DESTINATION WITH KLM??

Published 9.28.16
  18. Oh, I love this palette! I’m for neutral, barely there look. This is gorgeous, girl.