7 Summer Totes for Less Than $60

Now that summer is upon us, and for some, already has arrived, a lot of us have upcoming travels in our schedules. Whether it be a long-term vacation or just a day at the local beach, a tote bag is a must-have accessory to ensure that you have all the essentials for your activity and/or destination. I’ve rounded up seven of my favorite summer totes, and all are less than $60!

7 Summer Totes for Less Than $60

7 Summer Totes for Less Than $60
one | two | three | four | five | six | seven

When I’m in the market for a tote bag, my biggest (quite literally) criteria is that it’s big and sturdy. The whole point of carrying around a tote bag is to feel like Mary Poppins for the day – I want to be able to pack everything and anything that I, Ryan, Finn or anybody else that is with us might need. Especially if we are just going on a day adventure and I know that I won’t have to carry it the whole day, might as well pack it full and not worry about the weight.

I obviously also have a specific aesthetic that I’m going for – neutral (shocking for me, I know), stripes (again, another shocker) and tassels. I admit that I haven’t jumped on the tassel trend with clothing, but I definitely can get behind it with bags and accessories. I mean, how cute and chic is this tote from Target? Even though it is a neutral bag, the tassel key chain makes it pop and gives it a fun accent. It’s also a bonus if the tote bag can double as my purse so I can just throw in a small clutch with my ID, money, etc., instead of carrying a whole separate bag. All of these fit that bill for me, with the exception of this shopper from H&M – I probably would stick to the beach or lake with that bag because the quote makes it perfect for that.

I’m thinking the Target tote and the Gap girlfriend tote (also check out the embroidered version – LOVE!) are going to be my bag purchases for the season, and I’ll be all set. Both will serve the functionality that I’m looking for, and then I can trade off based on where we’re going and what type of style will fit my needs.

Where do you look for a new summer tote? Any styles that you have your eye on this summer?

1. I love tote #2- perfect for summer! Where in the Midwest do you live? My husband and I live in Missouri 🙂

Posted 6.17.16 Reply
  2. Keri Blair wrote:

these totes are PERFECT! love love love! so happy to have stumbled across your blog!

Keri || http://www.stylestudiobykb.com

Posted 6.12.16 Reply
  3. Nan P wrote:

Love all these bags! My go to tote bag is a classic LL Bean Boat Tote.

Posted 6.9.16 Reply
  4. Love #1, 5, and 7! I just want something that can survive city living haha. Thanks for sharing and I hope that you are having a great week!!! 🙂

Posted 6.9.16 Reply
  5. I have been wanting a large tote for so long now. #1 is gorgeous, and #4 is probably the one I need most, just so that I’d always have a packing list! 🙂

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  6. I have that first bag in last years version and LOVE it! I used it all summer as a beach bag and it held up really well. Such great quality for a low price!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
    • I finally got to check it out in the store this weekend, and you’re right – such a great quality bag!

Posted 6.12.16 Reply
  7. A tote bag really is the perfect accessory, especially for traveling! I love #3, and I think that #5 looks perfect for the beach!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  8. I love all of your picks! The tassel bag from Target has definitely caught my eye a few times and I definitely need a new beach bag– I’m just always on the hunt for something that zips!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
    • That’s true – I always have to have a bag that either zips or at least has a button enclosure (or I easily can add one). Just makes me feel better when we’re going somewhere with a large amount of people!

Posted 6.12.16 Reply
  9. I love 4 and 7!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  10. Love your striped picks of course! And love the H&M beach bag with the sayings on it. So cute! I definitely need to get a better small clutch that has the essentials so I can easily switch from work bag to diaper bag to beach bag to weekend bag. So many bags. lol. 🙂

11. Ashley wrote:

The Target totes are even cuter in person! Such a good buy for summer!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  12. ain’t nothing wrong with neutral and stripes! lol. i am trying to be good right now and not shop, otherwise i’d be all about one of these!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply

I love how simple three is – that look will always work! Also loving one – I love inexpensive summer bags in the summer especially for the lake because somehow the dogs always get them dirty or they get wet, etc.

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  14. This seems to be the summer of totes! And I totes want one (see what I did there? Corny…)

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

15. The Adored Life wrote:

I want #1! That is super darling and I feel like that would really work for your closet!
    The Adored Life

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  16. So many fabulous picks, I’m always drawn to the striped totes! Loving # 2, 5, and 7 ooooh and 1 and 4 <3
    Green Fashionista

17. Arianna wrote:

Number 7 is adorable! I mean.. they all are: want them all!

Aria

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  18. Love a good summer tote that can be used at the beach/pool too! That first one with the tassels is adorable!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply

These are all so cute, how can you pick just one?! The Target tote is definitely the most “you” though, I know you love chevron prints!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
  20. Yes girl get that Target tote. It’s perfection and fits everything you can imagine!

Posted 6.8.16 Reply

Loving these! One and five are definitely my favs! Great summer totes! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes