Weekend Picnic Essentials from H&M Home

Happy Tuesday, everybody! With the arrival of the warm temperatures this past weekend (finally!), I basically lived outside. We got a jump start on yard work and gardening, and we pulled out our patio chairs from the garage so I have been spending every free moment on the deck with a book.

Late spring/early summer in the Midwest is heaven, I tell ya. And, with the Memorial Day holiday weekend upon us, I’m already adopting a full-time summertime mindset. I cannot wait for more days in the sun, long walks with Finn (he is so stinkin’ happy these days), and of course, a picnic or two by the lake!

Weekend Picnic Summer Essentials H&M Home

If you remember from this post, then you know that I’m a huge fan of the home department at H&M. The products are affordable, good quality and timeless. Lucky for me (and all of us, really), all the new arrivals for summer just launched, and I cannot get enough of the outdoor collection.

Weekend Picnic Summer Essentials H&M Home

striped towel | paper napkins | picnic blanket | seat cushion | tote | cooler bag | cups

I never thought that I’d be able to find outdoor stuff that fits my inside decor aesthetic (neutral, stripes … you know the drill), but H&M does it again!

How cute is this striped towel? If any towel ever fit me and my personality to a T, that one would be it. I’ve been on the lookout for a new, cute but functional beach bag, so I was thrilled when I came across this natural jute one. The woven look gives it more of a beach vibe, and it also looks like a pretty good size and sturdy enough to hold a lot. A seat cushion is a must if you’re going to be sitting on the ground for an extended period of time, and since we’re always on the move during the summer, I think it’s finally time that we invest in a more portable cooler.

I already have my shopping cart ready to go and can’t wait to put a few of these items to use while enjoying the warm weather and sunshine throughout the next few months!

What are your favorite activities to do in the summer? Any tips for having the perfect picnic?

1. Nan P wrote:

What great finds! I have yet to really try anything form H&M Home but this is making me think I need to change that. I love the grey/white/black hues.
    xo Nan // Simply Elegant Blog

Posted 6.2.16 Reply
  2. i don’t think i have ever actually been on a picnic 🙂 i love that striped towel though. perhaps i need to swing by h&m and get me some supplies lol

Posted 5.25.16 Reply
  3. Love picnics, definitely overdo for a day in the park with some snacks and wine. Love how cute that cooler and picnic blanket are <3
    Green Fashionista

Posted 5.24.16 Reply

I would like one of each haha! I’m so looking forward to finally spending most of the weekend outside this weekend!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  5. Great picks! I love that towel and the picnic blanket.

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  6. I have to admit that I’m already wishing that it was cooler in Texas, but at least it’s finally starting to get warmer for y’all! I didn’t realize that H&M had so many cute things for the home! That portable cooler is adorable!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  7. I didn’t realize they had such good home stuff!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  8. I love their home department! I have those same napkins and love them! I need that insulated bag, too cute!

9. Ashley wrote:

I keep forgetting about H & M’s home department! Love this roundup!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! You definitely should check it out – I think a lot of what they have would suit your style!

Posted 5.25.16 Reply
  10. H&M has so many cute things! Great picks!

11. Jenn wrote:

I didnt even realize that H&M had a home section, but I’m loving a lot of these pieces!!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  12. Okay I still haven’t bought anything from the H&M home section, but that needs to change!! I love ALL of this! And the warm weather is amazing, it’s supposed to be in the 80’s here for the next week and I couldn’t be happier 🙂

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
    • Um yes, you need to change that ASAP. Maybe after the little miss arrives. 🙂 And, thank goodness the good weather is finally here, we’ve waited long enough!

Posted 5.25.16 Reply
  13. Love the H&M home section! And you can’t beat the prices. I love these picks for a picnic! My only advice is bring a wine opener (if you’re bringing wine)… happened to me once! And maybe a citronella candle to keep bugs away 🙂

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  14. Soooo many killer + affordable picks from H&M home! Love!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 5.24.16 Reply

When the weather gets as nice as it’s been here in the Midwest, it’s hard to imagine living anywhere else! (Minus the rain, haha!) I love everything here today, I’ll definitely be checking out their website!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply

YAY for finally getting warmer temperatures up there! It’s about time! Loving all of this. I need those silver cups and that striped towel! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  17. So cute!! I checked a while ago to see if they have a home department at the store here but they don’t!! :-/ Boo to that. Anyway.. I’m thrilled about the warmer temps and I’m already ready for the weekend haha. 🙂

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  18. I love that picnic blanket!

Posted 5.24.16 Reply
  19. Basically want all of these things now- I always forget h&m has this line! I’ve also been on the hunt for a good beach bag this year so I’m definitely going to check that one out. I always like the idea of having a picnic but always get too jumpy over bugs…haha

Posted 5.24.16 Reply

We have one H&M home store here and I rarely check that section out – but they have so many cute things! We like to go for a walk after dinner in our neighborhood – just relax from the day! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston