Friday Five | Holiday Weekend Plans & Links

It’s hard to believe that we’re heading into the Memorial Day holiday weekend – summer officially is here, folks!

Friday Five Holiday Weekend Plans and Links
This picture of Finley sums up the entire week – sunshine and summertime!

We have an exciting weekend ahead of us because tomorrow is DEMO DAY! (Insert the Chip Gaines fist pump here) My parents are headed up to our house tonight, and then first thing tomorrow, my dad and Ryan will be ripping out the kitchen cabinets and pulling up all our old flooring. It’s going to be a giant chaotic mess, I’m sure, but it’s crazy that we’re only a week out from having the new stuff installed. I’ll be posting a recap next week, but be sure to follow along on Snapchat (msinthemidwest) for all the live-action shenanigans.

A few other things that have been on my radar this week …

| What did everybody think of The Bachelorette premiere this week? I loved it – I actually haven’t enjoyed a Bachelor/Bachelorette premiere that much in a while. JoJo seems like a pretty normal, down-to-earth girl, and she has a good group of guys to pick from (it appears). I admit that I’m one of those already pulling for Jordan – of course, he has local connections to the beloved Aaron Rodgers, but I think they look cute together and the attraction obviously is there. I can’t wait for more of the drama to unfold!

| Old Navy has been killing it lately, especially with the sales this week. I ordered two pairs of my favorite boyfriend shorts for only $12.94 each. Score! I’m sure their weekend sales will be just as good, so keep an eye out.

| Have you seen this story how two college students met via Snapchat? I am obsessed with it – even better that it happened in Madison, Wis., which is less than an hour away from me.

| This is a random pop culture/celebrity thought, but is anybody really that shocked that Amber Heard and Johnny Depp are getting a divorce? I seriously called that last year when they finally tied the knot. It always seemed like the most random pairing and marriage to me. Plus, who is Amber Heard anyways? I know she was in the recent Magic Mike movie, but beyond that, she hasn’t done a whole lot (I looked it up on IMDB to confirm my suspicions). Anyways, I digress, but seriously. Not surprised at all.

| I wanted to quickly give a big heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you for reading and commenting on last week’s post about why I choose happy. It has been a humbling experience to receive all your kind words of support and encouragement, and I was overwhelmed at the response of so many that were able to relate to any part of what I wrote. All of the positive comments just reinforced my overall message about why we need to shut out the negative and focus on the positive. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend! See you next week!

Linking up with Amanda.

1. Woo hoo for demo day!! That just sounds exciting lol. That snap chat story was definitely interesting and I thought it was really cool that they finally met! Hope y’all had a great weekend!! 🙂

Posted 6.1.16 Reply
  2. megan wrote:

Glad you had a great weekend!! Love that picture of your sweet pup and hope all goes well on demo day! So exciting!

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  3. Finley is too cute! Love this shot. And NEED to get into Old Navy and check out those super cute boyfriend shorts, stat!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  4. Lauren Scorzafava wrote:

Too cute!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  5. We did some demo at our house this weekend too. By we I mean my husband. 😉 That’s exciting. Old Navy really has been killing it!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 5.31.16 Reply

I saw you guys kicked but on demo day in the kitchen! Can’t wait to see the final product! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  7. I did some serious shopping this weekend… such good sales. Hope you had a good weekend!

Zelle
    Southern Style

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  8. yayayay for all of the demo stuff and getting started. omg i did some damage at ON with the sale, but now it seems I need to get those! and i didn’t think that marriage would last either.

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
  9. YAY for demo day this weekend! I bet you guys are so excited to get everything started, I can’t wait to see the progress! I keep reading about the Old Navy sale and am sooo tempted to check out the website, but am trying to refrain 🙂

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
    • Demo Day sure was an experience, but it was worth it – we can’t wait for everything to continue this week! Hope that you had a good weekend!

Posted 5.31.16 Reply

Finn looks too cute in that photo! Have a great long weekend, lady – can’t wait to see how everything goes!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  11. exactly, we need to shut out the negative and focus on the positive and hopefully the negative people will just stfu. and seriously with johnny depp.. i am still sad that he broke up with his long time woman, the mother of his kids – i don’t remember if they were married, but still. i think he went downhill after that… i was watching chocolat the other day and i always thought he was so dreamy and sexy but now all i can see is him being a looney. haha. have a good weekend!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
    • omg, I seriously think the same thing of Johnny Depp! He is life in Chocolat, but now he just looks like a hood rat most of the time.

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  12. YAY for demo day and the long weekend! And I couldn’t agree with you more on Jojo and the new season of the Bachelorette! Already Team Jordan <3
    Green Fashionista

13. Jenn wrote:

Old Navy has totally been killing it! I got my order last night and literally loved everything! Good luck on demo day!! I hope all goes smoothly! 🙂

14. Darcy from A Memory of Us wrote:

I haven’t watched the bachelorette in a few seasons but I caught monday’s episode and I’m really excited for this season!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  15. This is the second time I’ve read about Old Navy sales today.. I HAVE to go this weekend! 🙂 And Finley is so cute! Happy Friday! xoxo

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  16. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to follow you along on this latest project! It is going to look amazing!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply

Looking forward to Demo Day, mostly looking forward to being with you, Ryan and Finn! Of course, hooked on The Bachelorette. Again. The story about the college couple is so sweet, I don’t blame her for pursuing him, he’s cute!! Johnny Depp single again isn’t surprising, but he never seems to stay that way for long!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  18. Yay for demo day!! Can’t wait to see the progress! I’m really thinking I need to get my butt on snapchat, but I feel too old. haha. And I agree about Johnny Depp’s weird pairing. Hope you have a great weekend!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  19. LOVED The Bachelorette premiere this week! I’m actually really excited for this season, looks like there’s lots of good drama ahead! So exciting that demo day is here, that much closer to your fabulous new kitchen!! Happy Friday!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
    • I can’t wait for all the Bachelorette drama – it looks like next week is going to be extra juicy. Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 5.31.16 Reply
  20. I agree with you about Amber Heard and Johnny Depp. SO random!! He should have married Vanessa Pardis instead. YAY for demo day being tomorrow too!! Love that picture of Finn and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂