Saturday Style | 10

old navy fringe tee and target utility vest
vest | shirt | jeans | ankle boots (similar) | purse (similar) | sunnies (only $10!)
Piggybacking on the intro to yesterday’s post, I’ve decided that I’m protesting this crap Midwest weather and dressing for spring anyways – maybe if I dress like it’s warm out, then eventually it will be. And, that’s exactly what I did this past weekend.
old navy fringe tee and target utility vestold navy fringe tee and target utility vestold navy fringe tee and target utility vest
I had been anticipating the past weekend for a while – it was Ryan’s first weekend off in three weeks, so it was nice to have my husband around and able to actually go do a few things together. We’re this close to finalizing our kitchen renovation plans and getting started on the construction, so our house was filled with different contractors and designers all Friday morning. Then, it was off to look at appliances! We are leaning toward the GE Slate line – anybody have this stuff that can give a recommendation?

old navy fringe tee and target utility vest
old navy fringe tee and target utility vest
Saturday started off a bit stressful with a visit to the walk-in clinic for Ryan – everything is 100% okay, but anything related to the doctor makes me uneasy. Once that was taken care of, we had a relatively quiet day at home before heading to West Bend, Wis., to meet my in-laws for an early birthday dinner for Ryan. We settled on Riverside Brewery, which has a great setting right on the river and delicious food. We had a nice evening of catching up since we hadn’t seen my in-laws since the end of January.

old navy fringe tee and target utility vest
saturday style - women's utility vest - fringe tee
Sunday was much the same as Saturday afternoon – running errands, getting chores done around the house, etc. We also started watching the FX series The Americans on Amazon Prime (thanks, Biana for letting me know it’s good!), and we are hooked.

Oh, and by the way – I have worn this vest damn near everyday since I got it, and I am not the slightest bit sorry. It is the perfect layering piece that goes with practically anything – it’s the best $30 I’ve spent so far this year.

Do you have a utility vest? How do you style yours? I’m looking for ways to incorporate this piece into several different outfits!

Ugh I miss Target so much for finds like these! I love my quilted vest but I really love this because it has more shape! I had a utility jacket that I was in love with but somewhere between all the houses I float around I’ve lost it somewhere 🙁 Also LOVING those sunnies on you – I can’t believe they are so inexpensive!

Posted 4.22.16 Reply
  2. Jessica wrote:

You look so great and effortless! I love a great striped t!!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 4.18.16 Reply
  3. i do not have a utility vest but now i totally want one because you are rocking it! fabulous. this whole outfit is super cute. and i know i’ve mentioned it a couple times and this is not a hey look at me at all but those sunnies really suit you!

Posted 4.15.16 Reply
    • Awe, shucks friend! I seriously am obsessed with those sunnies and may order them in the tortoiseshell color, too. For $10, why not. And, I have you to thank for them! 🙂 I think you need a utility vest.

Posted 4.15.16 Reply
  4. Cute outfit and great photos! Love your vest and ankle boots! This is a perfect spring outfit and looks similar to a lot of pieces I have in my closet as well. 🙂

xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  5. CharminglyStyled wrote:

You’re inspiring me to bust out my green vest – this is such a cute look! Love your Sunday style series 🙂 xx

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  6. Love the tee and how you styled it with the vest! LOVE that gorgeous bag too!

~Krisztina

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  7. Love this outfit! Especially the purse 🙂 I’ve decided to just start dressing for spring too! I’m so over winter clothes!

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  8. Love that vest and how you styled it! Glad you got a weekend with your hubby.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  9. Darcy from A Memory of Us wrote:

I love that tee! I need to get a utility vest. I have a jacket and love it!

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  10. Liv wrote:

You are adorable! And your hair is flawless.

11. Anna White wrote:

Cute look!! Happy to have found your blog!! XO -Anna

Posted 4.12.16 Reply

I got a light military jacket recently but now you have me wanting a vest too! Love this look! Glad that Ryan had some time off this weekend and I can’t wait to watch the kitchen progress!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
    • We are signing the papers for the kitchen tomorrow, and then I plan to share everything next week! 🙂 And, I want a military jacket now!

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  13. I love that vest! It’s seriously so adorable, and you can’t beat that price point! The Americans is such a good show, but we just all of a sudden stopped watching it. I’m blaming my husband for not being that into it!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! And, we are totally hooked on The Americans. I know it’s not super exciting, but we like how there’s history woven into the story line. It’s slowly suspenseful!

Posted 4.13.16 Reply
  14. The Adored Life wrote:

RENOVATION? CAN I DECORATE? No, but for real, I want to decorate for you because I’m almost done with my bedroom and now I’m like, what do I do now?

The Adored Life

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  15. Laid back and cool! 🙂 Loving the utility jacket!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  16. Kitchen renovation!? Eeek that’s so exciting! Glad you got some much needed hubby time this past weekend. I love this casual look on you. Military is a favorite of mine!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  17. You look fabulous! Definitely need to pick up this vest- considering how much I wear my military jacket, I know this will be totally worth the money!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply

You made a good investment with that vest, it seems to go with everything! Glad you and Ryan finally had a weekend to enjoy together, I know it was a long stretch of work for both of you. I hope everything gets finalized for the kitchen this week!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  19. I have been on the hunt for a good layering vest like this and definitely loving that price point. These pictures look fab btw!

20. Another fabulous look – so cozy chic! Loving that vest <3
    Green Fashionista

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  21. Super cute outfit! I would love a vest like that too. We had one at work that I loved but I did not love the price. :-/ Perfect layering piece though! I have been dressing for spring but just wearing booties. And my thinner wool coat haha. It was opening day at Wrigley though yesterday so that means that spring and summer are going to be here soon!! 🙂 Sorry that Ryan wasn’t feeling well, but I’m glad that he felt better for his birthday dinner. I told Biana that we watched that show when it first started but I couldn’t get into it. Kerri Russell’s character annoyed me too much. Anyways.. thanks for sharing and have a great day lady!!!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
    • Well, this one is only $30 at Target so you can’t beat that! We are hooked on The Americans – I could see how people would find Kerri Russell annoying in the show, but she’ll always be Felicity to me so I just look past it, lol.

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
  22. I really need to get a utility vest! Love this one. Sounds like you guys had a good weekend other than the visit to the doctor.

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
    • We did, thank you! Glad it was nothing serious at the doctor, not what you like to wake up to on a Saturday morning.

23. Jenn wrote:

Love this look! I saw that vest at Target this weekend but they didn’t have my size. Boo!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply

I love the vest…I don’t have that style, but I have the jacket and I love it!! I’m so with you – ready for spring to act like it’s here! xo, biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 4.12.16 Reply
    • Yes, I remember your jacket and its fantastic! I still want to find a jacket like that, too, but I figure the vest will be good for the warmer months – I still can layer it over everything!

Posted 4.12.16 Reply

Loving this look! That vest is so fun and I love the detail on your shirt! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 4.12.16 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft