Current Beauty Obsessions

I slowly have moved away from sharing monthly beauty favorites – mostly because I’m not constantly trying new beauty products – but lately, I’ve introduced quite a few new and rediscovered products into my routine that have made a huge difference.

Skincare | As I mentioned in this post, my skin has been royally suffering lately – both my face and body. I switched to this gentle body wash, and it has made a world of difference in keeping my skin hydrated and breakout-free. I also have religiously been using the La Roche-Posay acne starter kit for a few weeks now, and while I haven’t experienced life-changing results, my skin does appear to be more balanced and acne flareups have pretty much stopped. I plan to do a full review on this kit once I’ve made my way through all the products.

Fragrance | I received this perfume as a gift at Christmastime, and it quickly has become my go-to, everyday scent. If you love the smell of the Fossil store, then you’d love this stuff. It’s light and airy – perfect for summertime.

Makeup | Since my skin has been doing better, I picked up this long-wear foundation on a whim since Bliss skincare is so popular. It provides great coverage but still looks healthy and natural on my skin. (Tip: match yourself down a color – the foundation does slightly oxidize throughout the day). Paired with an HD concealer for blemishes and an under eye brightener that I would argue is better than the Bobbi Brown corrector, I’ve been feeling a lot more confident in my skin. I also reintroduced a lash-building primer to my routine – I feel like I can achieve a false lash look without applying falsies, it’s that good. And, thanks to A Little Dose of Makeup, I discovered the perfect pink, peachy pout for springtime.

What beauty products are you currently loving? What tips do you have for freshening up your beauty routine for spring?

1. Love the bottle of that fragrance– I’ve never tried any from fossil but definitely want to check it out! So glad you like the la roche-posay so far & both of those lip colors look so pretty!

Posted 4.11.16 Reply
  2. Alexandra Bee Blog wrote:

I started using that Clinique lash primer last spring and it is a game changer! That peach lipgloss is perfect for warmer weather, too!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply

Those lip colors are perfection – I will most definitely be checking them out. I think pink/peach are perfect for spring!

4. mdb0112 wrote:

I’m totally trying that under eye brightening cream! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

5. Evelina wrote:

I have started using Aveeno body wash recently too! This winter has really taken a toll on my skin and ever since starting using this I think it has improved!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  6. I need to try that NYX concealer! And you can’t go wrong with Aveeno products <3
    Green Fashionista

7. Allie Mackin wrote:

Wow looks like you rounded up a great bunch of stuff here. That natural finish foundation sounds quite promising.

Allie of

8. Emily Dunham wrote:

Anything to make my real eyelashes seem longer than they are is a win to me!

9. Oooo I’d love to try that clinque primer. I just hate my masacara! =P

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  10. i really want to try the clinique primer, maybe next month as i am not shopping this month. i love the maybelline age rewinder, it’s my favourite for under eye but it sucks for blemishes for me. i literally just bought the nyx hd concealer and i am wearing it over an angry red pimple today and you can hardly tell. LOVE it.

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
    • Agree with you on all of the above – Maybelline is amazing for under eye concealing, and the NYX one works wonders on acne.

Posted 4.5.16 Reply

Everyone keeps talking about that Instant Age Rewind. I definitely need to check it out when my no spend month is over! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  12. I have been using the Maybelline under eye corrector for a while now and love it! I will need to try that concealer. I’m trying to expand my beauty horizons and try out new products this season!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
    • Now is the best time to do that since we’re transitioning seasons, especially in the Midwest like us! That Maybelline concealer is fantastic.

13. The Adored Life wrote:

Oh I LOVE that peachy color! That is absolutely gorgeous!

14. Jenn wrote:

I always like seeing what people are loving and not loving. I just used a face mask that I hadn’t used for a bit from TruOrganics. Man it was wonderful!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  15. Great products! I’ve been reviewing the Maybelline Instant Age Rewinds and I’ve been loving them!
    Kisses,
    Sarah
    EverydayStarlet

Posted 4.5.16 Reply

Lots of great products I want to give a try! I can say that your skin and makeup looked pretty in person, so what you’re doing must be working!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  17. Loving these picks- I’m actually on the third tube of that Maybelline concealer, it’s amazing!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  18. So fun to break out the pinks and lighter makeup for the Spring. I am so ready to spruce up my makeup routine.

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  19. I want to try that lash primer.. Especially since a few of you ladies have mentioned it! 🙂 I tried that Loreal mascara with the primer on one side and I wasn’t a fan. Love those lip colors and Aveeno products are great too. Thank you for sharing and I hope that you have a great day! 🙂

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
    • This lash primer is amazing – I’ve been using it daily, and it always makes my lashes so full and long!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
  20. That peach lip color is so pretty! I definitely want to give it a try, especially since I’ve been trying to wear more lipstick and lipgloss lately!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
    • Definitely give this one a try – I had to order the lipstick because I couldn’t find it anywhere in the stores (they were just sold out of it), so don’t get discouraged!

21. Erin Whalen wrote:

I love the Maybelline age rewind concealer! I actually had it forgot about! Thanks for reminding me! I’m almost out of my current concealer so that will be my next one for sure!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply

I swear by that lash building primer and I’m almost out so I need another one!! I bought a peachy lip gloss and I forgot how much I like lip gloss lol!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 4.5.16 Reply
    • Lol, right?! I’ve pretty much only been wearing the NYX butter glosses as my lip gloss, so I forgot that I actually like a real lip gloss on occasion!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts