Saturday Style | 9

casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic

Where did March go? I can’t believe that today is the last Monday of the month! I certainly am not complaining, though because this means we are one day closer to consistent warm weather and sunshine – hurry up, summer!

casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic
casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic

We had a relatively quiet weekend – Ryan worked his second of three consecutive weekends, which I admit is challenging in terms of making plans and getting other things done.

With Friday off, we were able to spend the day in Oak Creek, Wis., with my older brother, Gary. We hit up opening day of Batman v Superman, and I would give the movie 2.5 stars – it was entertaining, but 30 to 45 minutes could’ve been cut from it so it wasn’t so long. Henry Cavill, on the other hand, received a whopping 4 stars from me, but I’m sure none of you are surprised about that!

Afterward, we had a delicious Italian dinner at Trattoria di Carlo – if you’re in the Oak Creek area, I can’t recommend this place enough! Delicious food and great service.

casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic
casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic

Saturday was all about Finn – he never enjoys it when we leave him for the day like we did Friday, so I made sure to give him extra love and attention while I was home. He also had a bit of an upset stomach, so I was happy to take care of him and soak up all the snuggles. Luckily, he seems to be feeling much better!

I also was able to continue the great purge of 2016 – I have two full shopping bags of clothes and accessories that I plan to sell, as well as a few bags of stuff for Goodwill. We’re planning to have a garage sale this summer to sell some bigger pieces, such as furniture, so I’m slowly going through stuff in the basement to take inventory of what we have. If any of you have tips or advice about having a successful garage sale, I’m all ears!

casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic
casual spring outfit with Nordstrom lush tunic
Β tunic | jeans | scarf (similar) | flats | clutch | earrings (get a free month of Rocksbox with code msinthemidwestxoxo)

And, of course, Sunday was Easter! Since I was on my own, I/we didn’t do anything special, but it’s always a good day to be at peace and reflect. I also got pretty nostalgic and was thinking about all my Easter dresses growing up and how my dad would hide our baskets that would take hours to find (not exaggerating). If you celebrated, I hope that you had a wonderful holiday!

Linking up with Biana & Meghan

1. That’s such a cute outfit for spring and the weekend! I love the bag and scarf so much! It sounds like you had a great weekend celebrating with family! I’ve heard the Batman v Superman isn’t the best, but I’d probably see it just for Henry Cavill!

Posted 4.5.16 Reply

The lighting in these photos is SO pretty! This outfit is so perfectly paired, I love how much character a scarf can give an outfit! I really need to start wearing more earrings. They’re the one piece of jewelry I always forget about but I think they add so much sophistication to a look! I have so many pairs that need to get more use!

Posted 3.30.16 Reply
  3. Ashley wrote:

I can definitely relate to having a husband that works weekend sometimes. It’s not very fun πŸ™ Love this look for the weekend! I liveeee in this tunic too!

4. Darcy from A Memory of Us wrote:

You look stunning!! Love the clutch!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply

Love the extra attention for Finn – glad he’s feeling better! I love weekends like this with a mix of outings, getting things done at home AND relax time. Sounds great to me and as always, I love your look!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! Our weekends have definitely followed that formula more so lately – I’m not complaining!

Posted 4.3.16 Reply
  6. I love that scarf and purse! Good for you for purging so much, I am trying! So funny to see snow on the ground, it’s shorts weather here. Hope it’s coming your way soon!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply

Girl, I’m wondering where March went too! So crazy! Loving this look on you, that scarf is so cute! Hoping you get some warm weather up there soon!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  8. Loving this look on you, so crisp and chic! Hoping the weather warms up consistently for you soon <3
    Green Fashionista

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  9. i remember Helene did a garage sale post last year, i think? i have never had a garage sale but it seemed very helpful. KC hates the new superman vs batman movie.. not that he’s seen it, or will ever see it. he’s such a weirdo, he likes to hate things. he ruined it for me. like, i wasn’t going to go see it at the movies but damn, ruiner! i was so mad. Like, let me watch Henry Cavill in peace OKAY. love that tunic on you!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • I literally found Helene’s garage sale post right after I wrote this post – so yes, thank you! And hahaha – I’m cracking up about KC. I’ll come visit you, smuggle in the movie when it comes out, and we can just swoon over HC for a few hours. Deal? Deal.

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  10. I have that tunic and love the scarf you paired it with! I’m spring cleaning our closets right now too and getting rid of bags of stuff feels so good!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • Isn’t that tunic the best? I have it in two colors and could wear them all the dang time! Spring cleaning is the best!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  11. This scarf is so fab on you. I never have the patience for a garage sale, I’m a load it up and donate kind of gal because once I get it out of the closet I just want it moved along. Plus, that way Mark can’t re-find half the stuff of his that made it into the donate bags πŸ˜‰

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! And, I know – the thought of having a garage sale kind of scares me, but I don’t want to just give away some of our nicer pieces of furniture that are in practically-new condition. We aren’t going to sell clothes, though – once I have that stuff in bags, it either goes to Goodwill or gets sold. πŸ™‚

12. I love that scarf!

13. Living on Cloud Nine wrote:

I love the simplicity and ease of this and the scarf gives it such a fun little punch! You look absolutely stunning and ready for the day πŸ˜‰

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  14. It sounds like you had a good weekend and were productive even with Ryan being at work for most of it. I love the navy in your scarf and the denim together with the white top!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • The only upside to Ryan being at work all the time is that it forces me to be productive! Otherwise, I just sit around and think too much. πŸ™‚

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  15. Loving your weekend style! Cute clutch!

16. Jenn wrote:

Youre cute as a button, as always! Love the nude flats and the blue scarf!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  17. Love this outfit, so cute. We went to brunch with Chris’s buddy but other than that we were by ourselves. I’m glad that you had a nice weekend though and yes hurry up spring and summer!! πŸ™‚

Posted 3.28.16 Reply

The perfect Spring outfit on you, even with the snow in the background! I’m glad you remember dressing up for Easter, because I always enjoyed doing that – Easter hat and all! I know your Dad was tough with the Easter baskets, but that just made it more fun. Hope you have a good start to the week!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • When I have kids, I’m going to hide their baskets Dad-style just so they can get the full experience, haha!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  19. Love love your scarf! It’s so perfect for Spring!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
  20. That scarf is so pretty!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply

This is 100% an outfit I would recreate – I love that white tunic and flats! Just perfect weekend style!! I posted all my closet clean out items on eBay and I’m ready to get them out of the house!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 3.28.16 Reply
    • Thanks, girl – that’s the ultimate compliment that you would wear something like this, too! I’m taking two bags to our local consignment shop (kind of like Plato’s Closet) this weekend – give me cash and get the clutter out!

Posted 3.28.16 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney