Saturday Style | 8

Saturday-Style_8_2
shirt (similar) | jeans | flats (similar) | purse (similar) | necklace (get a free month of Rocksbox with code msinthemidwestxoxo)

Hello, Monday! For once, we actually had plans practically every day this weekend, and it was so nice to be out enjoying the shining sun and warm spring-like temperatures.

spring wear_pink and white buffalo check
spring wear_pink and white buffalo check
spring wear_pink and white buffalo check

Friday, we took a little scenic drive through the country to venture to the Johnson Creek Premium Outlets – if you’re near/around the Madison, Wis., area, the stores are loaded and ready-to-go with cute warm-weather wear. I picked up a few sundresses and tops at Loft, some athleisure wear and a $200 coat for $30 (score!) at Tommy Hilfiger, and another dress and this top from Gap. The minute I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me – it’s flannel, but still lightweight enough for this time of year, and I’m pretty much a sucker for anything that’s pink and buffalo check.

spring wear_pink and white buffalo check
spring wear_pink and white buffalo check

We’ve recently met a few more of our neighbors, so Saturday night we headed out to dinner with one of the couples. We decided on one of our favorite spots, TJ’s in Oshkosh, for dinner, and the Dijon-crusted salmon with Parmesan risotto did not disappoint! If you follow me on Snapchat (msinthemidwest), then you probably saw that we also stopped at the Gas Hole, which is a bar attached to a gas station … only in Wisconsin, right?

spring wear_pink and white buffalo check

Although yesterday we hibernated most of the day due to the gloomy weather and rain (and the horrible time change), it still was nice to get caught up around the house and prepare for the week ahead.

How was your weekend?

Linking up with Biana & Meghan

1. This entire outfit is fabulous! Isn’t Rocksbox amazing?! I love it! Xo, Stephanie

Posted 3.27.16 Reply
  2. Abby Castro wrote:

I am so loving all the light hues in this outfit – from your plaid top that cross body bag!

xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

Posted 3.21.16 Reply
  3. Nan P wrote:

I love your shirt — the pastel pink hue is making me excited for spring! Can the warm weather just arrive by now?!
    xo Nan // Simply Elegant Blog

Posted 3.18.16 Reply
  4. OMG look how cute those flats are! need them!

Posted 3.15.16 Reply

I love that this is pink plaid, such a great way to bring a flannel into the spring when it’s still chilly! Sounds like you had such a nice weekend. I’m planning on hitting up the outlets this week to see what I can score with some remaining Christmas gift cards – win win!

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! That’s what I thought when I found this top, too – the color is perfect for spring, but the flannel still keeps me warm when it gets chilly at night. I hope that you have luck at the outlets!

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  6. Ohh I love that shirt– it’s so pretty and spring-like! You got so many great deals on your shopping trip!

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  7. Stacy wrote:

Adorable outfit! Glad your weekend was so great! Surprisingly Daylight Savings it me hard today, not yesterday! At least it’s still light outside at 6pm!!

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
    • I’m with you! I’m still adjusting to the time change (mostly at night when I can’t fall asleep!), but I definitely won’t complain about it being light out later.

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  8. Loving everything about this spring-y outfit, but the scalloped flats are my favorite! So cute!

9. Darcy from A Memory of Us wrote:

Cute! A $200 coat for $30?! Oh my gosh!!

10. The Adored Life wrote:

Ohhhh girl I wanna know more about that dress! I know you are going to rock it!
    The Adored Life

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
  11. I love that top. looks so comfy and cute on you!

12. So cozy-chic! That top is perfect for spring, and loving that bag too <3
    Green Fashionista

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
  13. That top looks great on you, very flattering!! Those flats are super cute too. I’m glad that you had a nice weekend with your friends too. 🙂

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
  14. I love that top on you! Flannels are always my fave and I love this lightened up Spring version of it!

15. Owen Davis wrote:

You look adorable! Sounds like y’all had a great weekend! Xo

Posted 3.14.16 Reply

That is the cutest shirt, you know I love those blush colors on you! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend, happy to hear that! Only in Wisconsin would you find a bar attached to a gas station, haha!

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
    • I knew you would like this top! Ryan even helped me pick it out. And, yes – we had quite the Wisconsin experience Saturday!

Posted 3.14.16 Reply

That outfit is perfect for a casual Saturday! Haha I’ve totally heard about bars attached to gas stations up there! Or maybe it was the same one? So funny though! Glad you had a great weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
    • That would be hilarious if you’ve heard of the same one, although I’m sure there are plenty of others. It actually was a fun bar!

18. Jenn wrote:

You’re so cute! 🙂
    So glad you guys got to get out with your neighbors for a bit–sounded like a good night!

Posted 3.14.16 Reply

The light blush shirt is really perfect and I love those flats – looks like great buys from the outlets!! Glad you guys had a great weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 3.14.16 Reply
    • I couldn’t done way more damage than I did at the outlets – I had to exercise some self-control. 🙂

Posted 3.14.16 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft