Luminess Air Essentials

Recently, my skin has decided to flip a switch and revert back to its teenage ways – I’m talking redness, sensitivity, acne, etc. (Psst – no, I’m not pregnant!) As a result, I’ve been reaching for lighter makeup products that still provide the coverage that I want/need but allow my skin to breathe and still appear healthy.

I became a big fan of Luminess Air when I tested their at-home airbrush system late last year – the products are incredibly lightweight but provide unprecedented coverage with a natural finish. So, I was more than happy to try their new line of products and add to my airbrush kit.

The Luminess Air Essentials kit is designed to provide coverage that is lightweight without cakey buildup. And, since these products are applied before foundation, you can achieve a flawless, full coverage look without going overboard on foundation. Nobody likes a cake face!

There are three products in the kit, and each is designed to tackle a specific skin concern.

Eraser is a serum that helps to erase large proes, redness and blotchy skin, and helps to even out skin tone – this was my favorite product of the three. With someone that suffers from chronic red skin, especially after cleansing, this product is heaven sent.

X-Out is a hydrating concealer that creates a soft-focus effect that illuminates the eye area. While this product works just fine, I don’t find myself reaching for it that often – it’s difficult to precisely place this product in the under eye area with the airbrush wand, and you then still have to use your finger to blend it in. When I’m using my airbrush system, I’m doing so to not have to use my hands/fingers a lot, so this kind of defeats the purpose.

Porcelain is the kit’s primer, and it worked better for me than the traditional primer that came with the airbrush starter kit. It lived up to its claim to balance uneven skin texture for a smooth and long-lasting makeup look – even with my breakouts, this primer really toned them down and still made it look like I had a flawless face when I applied foundation.

With the addition of these three products to the Luminess Air arsenal, at-home airbrush makeup has never been better or easier to achieve!

Lucky for you, Luminess Air is offering Miss in the Midwest readers 20% off their order with code 603738633. Have fun shopping!

Disclaimer | I received these products from Luminess Air in exchange for a review. As always, all opinions are honest and 100% my own.

I’m so curious about airbrush makeup, I’ve heard it’s great for weddings because it looks amazing in photos and lasts all day. I’d love to see these in action!

Posted 3.30.16 Reply
    • I’m going to hopefully do a tutorial in the next couple weeks! Everybody swears by this type of makeup for weddings, it looks gorgeous on the skin.

Posted 4.3.16 Reply
  2. Emily Dunham wrote:

My skin has been acting crazy lately, too. I am blaming the weather!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply

This sounds so great, I’ve always wanted to try something like this! Glad you enjoy!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
  4. my skin has flipped a switch as well, so rude, and definitely not pregnant so it’s extra rude lol. i’ve been researching new skincare but it’s super overwhelming.

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
  5. Such an amazing line! My skin has also reverted back to my teenage skin which is not fun. These products provide such amazing yet light coverage which is perfection <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
  6. So cool that there’s a variety of other products you can use with the airbrush system! And another vote for a tutorial? haha

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
    • Well, I’m definitely adding a tutorial to my calendar with these products! 🙂 Thanks for the feedback!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
  7. Yes, yes, yes this sounds like something I need in my life! Hope your skin issues resolve themselves soon, you really can’t tell from photos or anything!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
    • Yes! I know how much you loved your airbrush makeup for your wedding, so I think you would love having this at home. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it, but then it’s like nothing. And, thank goodness for natural light and makeup – hides all those pesky skin imperfections. 🙂

Posted 3.29.16 Reply

If this is the makeup you’ve been using, it’s been looking flawless on you! I’ll add my vote for a tutorial as well!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply

This sounds so amazing! You definitely need to do a tutorial! I have chronic red skin (especially after cleansing) too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
    • Isn’t it so frustrating?! I seriously look like I just ran a marathon every time I wash my face, ha! And, I’m making a note to do a tutorial with all these products soon. 🙂

10. Jenn wrote:

I really want to try this airbrush machine. It looks fabulous! Maybe that company will contact me one of these days! HINT HINT! lol
    I’m sure you look amazing with this make up on–you already do such a good job on your own!

Posted 3.29.16 Reply

I would love to see this on you – you should totally do a tutorial! The primer sounds amazing! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

Posted 3.29.16 Reply
    • Well, after all the feedback, I definitely think I need to add a tutorial to my editorial calendar – thanks for the idea/feedback, lady!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts