This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MNYLookstoLove #CollectiveBias
With Valentine’s Day only a week away, it’s time to start thinking about your makeup look for whatever plans that you my have!
In part one of this series, I showed you how to create a flawless face with a smooth base of foundation and an easy-to-achieve contoured and highlighted look. Today, I’m showing you how to quickly take your daytime makeup into the evening by only adding a few additional products. The best part? All the products used in this tutorial are from Maybelline New York and easily can be found at your local Wal-Mart!
Since I knew that I didn’t want to use an abundance of products – time is of the essence with this tutorial – I was able to quickly narrow in on what I wanted to pick out from the display at the store. The Rock Nudes Palette was a no-brainer since 12 eyeshadows in one place offers ease if you’re on-the-go, and let’s face it – a new liquid liner, mascara and lipstick never hurt anybody.
Note: Before I started shooting this tutorial, I went ahead and applied all my typical face products – foundation, concealer, contour, highlight, blush, eyebrows, etc. These products all stay the same for me regardless if I’m going on a daytime or evening date!
4. I only applied one coat of the Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara to my top lashes. This formula offers a ridiculous amount of volume and hold, so it doesn’t take several coats to achieve a bold lash look!
5. I then finished off the look with a light pink gloss.
And, I’m finished! Simple makeup, some loose curls, and my favorite striped tee – my idea of an ideal daytime date look.
Now, for nighttime, I’m not into super dark smokey eyes, so I’m a firm believer in only adding a couple products to what you already have on your face to punch it up a bit. And, since our evening plans really only involve dinner, I want to keep my makeup feminine and sophisticated.
1. With a smaller fluffy tapered brush, I buffed Shade 3 (the same shade that I used along my upper lashline for the daytime look) into the outer-V of my eyelids and slightly into the crease. This still gave me a smokier effect without going overboard.
2. I then added black liquid liner to my upper lashline. Try winging out your liner for an even flirtier look!
3. I added a couple more coats of mascara to my top lashes, and then I added some to my bottom lashes to open up my eyes even more.
4. Saving the best for last – lips! For nighttime looks, I always apply a lip liner before lipstick so the product lasts longer.
5. I opted for a light pink lipstick to stay in the theme of Valentine’s Day, and if you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that nudish-pink shades of lipstick are my jam.
Now my makeup is all set for a night out on the town! I also pinned back my hair to one side to feel more put together and threw on one of my favorite blazers – of course, it’s pink so I felt extra festive.
Now you have all the steps to take your makeup from day to night for the special day that you have planned!
Whether you’re keeping it simple with either a daytime or evening date, or you’re doing a mix of both, I hope that you find this tutorial helpful so you can spend less time on your makeup and more time focusing on the love in your life.
Are you a fan of Maybelline New York products? What makeup look will you be creating for Valentine’s Day?