Saturday Style | vol. 1

Saturday Style | vol. 1 - Vince Camuto Coat
coat | blanket scarf (sold out! similar in red) | black tunic | jeans | booties (last year, similar) | glitter studs

Happy 2016, all! I hope everybody had a fun (and safe!) weekend of celebrations. Our rockin’ New Years Eve consisted of pizza and breadsticks, an episode of the Netflix docu-series Making a Murderer (so, so good), a few rounds of Guitar Hero Live, and then a toast and kiss at midnight before heading to bed at approximately 12:01 a.m. We’re party animals, I tell ya!

I spent a lot of time this past weekend thinking about my goals and plans for the new year, which included a few brainstorming sessions pertaining to this little blog. I would love to get back into the regular swing of style posts and even up my game in that department with maybe two fashion posts per week. That may not happen right out of the gate – Midwest weather can make that tricky at times – but it’s definitely something to aim for.

On that note, I would love to officially introduce a new weekly style series – Saturday Style. While the name or concept certainly isn’t unheard of in the blog world, I’m excited to start documenting my weekend outfits – since I am at home during the week (with some days the only time that I leave is to go to the gym), the weekend is really when I get the opportunity to put together different outfits and looks that don’t revolve around comfort for sitting at my desk half the day. This also will provide me the opportunity to share more insight into our personal lives, such as what we do around town or any activities that we may partake in during any given weekend.

I hope that you will enjoy this new series as much as I look forward to putting it together each week!

Psst – I also am in the middle of choosing a redesign concept for this space and getting it installed. I hope to have a whole new look to debut next week. Stay tuned!

1. mdb0112 wrote:

Love everything about your look! And your skin is flawless. I want details on your blog designer, please! And I love your Saturday Style post idea! Can’t wait to follow along! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thank you so much! I’m hoping to have my new template/designed uploaded and ready to go next week, so stay tuned for details. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.5.16 Reply

Simply Gorgeous!! You look so fabulous in all these photos! I’m loving the idea of this new series and to get some peeks into your weekends and such as well as more outfits!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thanks, sweet friend! I’m looking forward to sharing more of this kind of stuff, too – it’s what I love!

Posted 1.5.16 Reply
  3. Ashley wrote:

You look beautiful Karly! You’re also totally rocking that high pony– love!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  4. ummmm please tell me how you do your hair. seriously. i need mine to be that cute! love the new series and this outfit is super cute!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • I am cracking up that you and a few others have commented on the hairstyle – it literally is my “lazy girl” hairstyle these days!

Posted 1.5.16 Reply
  5. Emily Dunham wrote:

Super cute look! Love the grays and blacks. And that hair style…I hope 2016 brings some hair tutorials!

6. Jessi Otey wrote:

Ummm you look absolutely stunning – can you pa-lease teach me that hair style?! Can’t wait to see the new space! xoxo

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thanks, sweet friend! Maybe I’ll get a hair tutorial up here in the next few weeks, it’s easy peasy. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.5.16 Reply
  7. Such a gorgeous look on you, obsessing over that blanket scarf. The snow is the perfect backdrop! Everyone’s been talking about Making a Murderer, it’s time for me to check it out tonight! Cheers to a fabulous week and new year <3

Green Fashionista

8. Stacy wrote:

I am in love with your hair! It’s great for a casual look, but still feels super glamorous! And ooh, Making a Murder was SO good. We blew through it!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • You are so sweet, thank you! It’s been one of my go-to styles lately – so easy! And YES to Making a Murderer – we finally finished it this weekend, and my mind is still blown by it.

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  9. Gorgeous!! I love your hair like this! And that jacket is to die for… I may need to order that one for myself πŸ˜‰ Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the blog this year!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! I can’t believe I actually still was able to find my coat online – I scored it on clearance at TJMaxx last year for only $80!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply

You were so right on snapchat when you talked about snowy photos, these are stunning! Nothing like a natural light reflector right? I’m loving this concept for posts, can’t wait to see what you get up to in 2016! I got an almost identical blanket scarf for Christmas and it’ll be making an appearance in my next outfit photo too – thanks for even more outfit inspiration with it!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Haha, I just had to share my little tidbit with everybody – I was thrilled when I saw what the snow did for all the natural light! Thanks for your sweet words, friend – I can’t wait to see what you do with your scarf!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  11. These pictures look fabulous! Something about that snowy background really makes this outfit pop. Can’t wait to follow along with your new changes and updates for the year!

12. Cute look! Love the earrings! Have a great week πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  13. Your hair and makeup are amazing in these photos!! You look gorgeous!! πŸ™‚ Your outfit is super cute too and yes to more fashion posts! Cheers to 2016, and Chris was in bed before midnight. We are party animals too as you can see haha. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply

Gorgeous hair, makeup and outfit today! Love all the pics in the snow!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thanks, mom! My eye makeup is from that new MAC palette that you got me for Christmas – I’m loving it so far!

Posted 1.4.16 Reply

Your hair looks so cute like that! Love it! And your makeup… swoon! Ok, now on to the outfit haha! Loving that blanket scarf, of course it’s sold out! And that jacket is perfect! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  16. I love that blanket scarf.

17. Jenn wrote:

You look so chic! Love this whole look!!! And I agree with Biana, your makeup looks awesome–it always looks awesome! Can you come do mine?? πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Haha, you crack me up. Thank you! Obviously if we were closer, I’d have no problem coming over to do your makeup. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply

I LOVE that coat – the leather details are so fun and girl your makeup looks flawless! This is exactly how I want my Saturday style to look LOL! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! But hey – I see your weekend photos every week, I know how chic you look on the weekends! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
  19. Love your look. That coat looks good on you! I I just bought a pair of black ankle booties and a black trench coat from TJ Maxx. Unfortunately, the weather’s been so warm here in GA lately that I was only able to wear the trench coat during our trip to KS for the holidays. I look at it as an investment piece though. It will be versatile for many years to come. Happy New Year.

Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-Danielle.blogspot.com

Posted 1.4.16 Reply
    • Yes, you can’t go wrong with investing in a trench. I wish I had the problem that it’s too warm to wear a coat! πŸ™‚

Posted 1.4.16 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney