What’s In My RocksBox?

It’s no secret that I love jewelry and accessories – it’s probably my biggest weakness when it comes to anything style-related. So, it will come as no surprise that I’m a huge fan and supporter of RocksBox.

As I’m sure most of you already are familiar with this monthly subscription box, the long story short is you pay $19 a month to have three pieces of jewelry sent to you in each box. The best part? You can send boxes back as many times in a month that you want to receive new pieces, and there’s zero obligation to keep/purchase the items that you receive – you can wear them around town, and then send them back!

While I’ve been using RocksBox for a while now, I thought it would be fun to start sharing the pieces that I receive and how I choose to wear them in everyday life. My latest box has been one of the best yet!

Perry Street Selina Crystal Necklace
Retail Price: $56 | Insiders’ Price: $44
We all love a good statement necklace, and I particularly gravitate toward this style of necklace this time of year to glam up any plain, simple sweater and add a bit of holiday sparkle. While I thought the price was a bit steep for this piece – it does look kind of cheap in person – it still fit my style preferences and taste.

Kendra Scott Elle Silver Earrings in Slate
Retail Price: $55 | Insiders’ Price: $44
If I didn’t just purchase these earrings in green from a past RocksBox, I probably would’ve kept this pair. I couldn’t get over how gorgeous the color was – there’s almost a gray/white ombre effect happening – and I wore them a ton while I held onto this box. These would be the perfect neutral jewelry staple for anybody.

Sophie Harper Double Tube Lariat in Silver
Retail Price: $43 | Insiders’ Price: $34
I had this necklace on my wish list to be sent in a future box, so I was excited to see that it was in this shipment; however, I was underwhelmed by it. While it is a gorgeous, simple necklace that can be worn day or night, I found it ridiculously long! I don’t wear a ton of v-neck tops, so I didn’t feel that I could do this necklace the justice that it deserves if I kept it. If you are into dramatic, plunging necklines, then you definitely should look into this piece.

Like I said before, this was one of my favorite boxes to-date! There was something for practically any type of occasion, which I always appreciate since no two days are ever the same around here lately.

Are you interested in trying RocksBox FOR FREE?! Enter code msinthemidwestxoxo at checkout for a free month!

Disclaimer | I am part of the RocksBox RBItGirl program, which means that I received a free three-month subscription in exchange for honest reviews about the jewelry. If you use my code to sign up for a free month, I receive a credit for future jewelry purchases. Thanks in advance if you give it a go!

1. Abby wrote:

I love that they had a dainty and statement necklace! Always loved the KS stuff from the Rocksbox πŸ™‚

xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

Posted 12.7.15 Reply
  2. so many pretty things! including you. seriously, gorgeous!

Posted 12.3.15 Reply
  3. Emily Dunham wrote:

I absolutely love the color of those Kendra Scott earrings. So, so pretty! I love your hair with the necklace picture, too. Super fun and cute!

4. Ashley wrote:

The color of those KS earrings is so unique!

Posted 12.2.15 Reply

Fabulous pieces!! That first statement necklace is perfect for anything and you can’t go wrong with Kendra! I am so loving your hair style in the first set of photos – looks fabulous!

6. Jessica wrote:

I loved my Rocksbox subscription and yet i never received pieces like yours! So sadly after 3 months I have given up. It may because I also have a specific like for my jewels!! But that first necklace!! Gahhh love it πŸ™‚
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
    • I totally know the feeling! I felt that way my first go-around, but they’ve totally revamped the subscription, and I love being able to add pieces to my wish list.

Posted 12.5.15 Reply
  7. I’ve been wanting to join Rocksbox for awhile but figured i’d try it out free for a month – and I was hoping someone would offer a code around the holidays, so THANK YOU! Just joined and currently making my wishlist πŸ™‚

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
    • Hooray! Thanks so much for using my code, which allows me to engage in my jewelry obsession. πŸ™‚ I hope you love your month of free jewelry, can’t wait to see what you get!

Posted 12.5.15 Reply
  8. So many cute styles! Love that necklace!

~Sam

9. Loving that necklace, and those KS earrings are gorgeous! <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
  10. I love those earrings!! That statement necklace is pretty too, but boo to it looking cheap and that price. :-/ Have you ever checked out Bauble Bar? Love your plaid shirt too, where did you find that? Feel free to text me the details haha. πŸ™‚

Posted 12.2.15 Reply

I enjoyed Rocksbox but too tempting to spend a fortune! The crystal necklace looks so pretty on you, the perfect accessory for a simple sweater. The earrings are pretty too!

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
    • You could try it free for a month again! It’s so different from the last time you did it, there’s lots more available jewelry in your style.

Posted 12.5.15 Reply
  12. Jenn wrote:

I love how you paired the KS earrings with the plaid shirt! So casual and cute! I have those ones (with gold) and I love them! All of your pieces this month were totally on point!

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! We all know I’m all about keeping it casual most days. πŸ™‚ This was one of my favorite boxes for sure.

Posted 12.5.15 Reply

Those KS earrings are gorgeous! I love the color! I would have kept those too, for sure! And love that lariat too, so dainty and pretty! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 12.2.15 Reply

I can see why you would have kept those KS earrings, they really are beautiful and go with everything…but if you have a similar pair then no need!!! Loved Rocksbox when I had it!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 12.2.15 Reply
    • I totally am trying to get them again because I regret sending them back – typical for me, ha. πŸ™‚

Posted 12.5.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney