StitchFix | Box #3

Who’s ready for the last StitchFix box unveiling of 2015?! Drum roll, please …

In the event that you’re not familiar with StitchFix, you can get my brief rundown in this post.
I made an oops and forgot to request my preferred stylist, Caitlin, this time around, and let me tell you – I could see the difference. While the new stylist wasn’t completely off point with my style or taste, I overall was pretty disappointed with the clothes that I received. I essentially kept one of the items just for the sole purpose of not losing my $20 styling fee – I guess that can be the downside of subscription services like this!

On that note, let’s take a look.

Octavia Raymond Plaid & Polka Dot Scarf – $38.00
Verdict: Returned It
I’m not typically one to turn down scarves, but the color combination of this one immediately turned me off. When in my life have I ever worn neon green? I don’t think ever – okay, maybe there was an episode when I was seven and vacationing at Disney World with my family; however, that also involved purple floral print shorts and a braided side ponytail. Anyways, the plaid side is way cuter than the polka dot side, but this just wasn’t my jam.

Kut From The Kloth Dayna Skinny Jean, size 6 – $88.00

Verdict: Returned ItΒ
I specifically requested a pair of Kut from the Kloth jeans in this box, so I appreciated that the stylist read and honored my request. These confused me, though – it says on the receipt that they are the Dayna style, but on the jeans themselves, it says they are the Mia Toothpick Skinny style. It’s a mystery to me! Regardless, these ended up being too big and the bottom leg opening was too wide for my taste.

Fate Medano Pullover Sweater, size M – $68.00

Verdict: Returned It
This was one of those items that when I initially took it out of the box, I thought “ew” to myself, but then it fit and looked better once I had it on. I love the stripes (obviously), but the color combination isn’t something I typically would go for. It was cozy, however, and fit really well, so maybe if the stripes would’ve been a different color I would’ve kept it.

Olive & Oak Alvin Striped Long Sleeve Sweater, size M – $68.00

Verdict: Kept It!
Navy blue and white stripes – what more could I ever want in a sweater?! I pretty much knew instantly that I would be keeping this sweater. The best part is that it’s warm enough to wear now during the winter, but the material is so lightweight that I easily could carry it into spring with a pair of white skinnies or shorts. I also don’t have another sweater like this in my closet, so it’s a nice new staple to have.

Ark n Co Daren Dress, size M – $98.00

Verdict: Returned It
My brother-in-law’s wedding reception is at the end of January, and I have been on a mad hunt for a cocktail dress with sleeves and that I can pair with nylons (or, is it pantyhose? I never know what term is correct. Let’s just go with sheer tights). So, again, I appreciate that the stylist honored my request to send an option. I actually was pretty hopeful when I saw this in the box, but it does not fit well at all. My guess is that it’s junior sizing, which is why the medium makes me feel like a stuffed sausage in the arms. I also am not a huge fan of exposed zippers all the way down the length of a dress, so this also went back.

So, on the upside, I kept that cute navy striped sweater. On the downside, this was the first StitchFix that I was forcing myself to keep something. Since we have our big Disney World trip coming up the end of February (!), I probably will be taking a break from StitchFix for a while, but I hope to start it back up again in the spring when I’m ready for some new warm weather clothes.

If you’re looking for more “Fix-spiration,” check out my other box unveilings:
StitchFix | Box #1
StitchFix | Box #2
StitchFix | Box #3

Disclaimer | This post contains affiliate links, which give me monetary credits toward my next StitchFix for each person that signs up through my link. Thank you in advance if you decide to try it out!

1. okay, that scarf.. neon green, ew. the dress.. what’s with that zipper? the striped sweater you kept, super cute! i need to get another fix, maybe after our bank account calms down a bit lol

Posted 12.17.15 Reply
    • Ha, right?! I know the feeling right now – gotta love Christmas and Disney coming up in a couple months. Glad I’m not the only one with hatred toward the neon green – I mean, seriously.

Posted 12.27.15 Reply
  2. Looks like you got some great stuff! So many stripes! πŸ™‚

~Sam

Posted 12.16.15 Reply
  3. Lisa wrote:

You seriously look so great in everything, but it’s a bummer some of the pieces didn’t fit better! I love navy and white stripes, so I fully approve of the sweater you kept. πŸ™‚ I just got my third Stitch Fix box, too, and I can’t wait to try on the pieces! — Lisa | Two Martinis

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
    • Awe, thank you! The sweaters were definitely the most my style out of everything in the box. I hope you loved the pieces that you got!

Posted 12.27.15 Reply

I like the sweater you kept and agree with your assessment of the rest!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply

Love the top you kept! And again, seriously loving your hairstyles – the first one and your pony – all so good!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  6. That Olive & Oak sweater is soooo cute on you, glad you kept it!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  7. Loving the sweater you kept, it looks awesome on you and so cozy!

Green Fashionista

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  8. I love that striped navy sweater! Looks great on you too! We sell Olive & Oak at Evereve and their pieces always sell out quickly. As for the KUT jeans, that is weird about the styles and what the tag said vs what the receipt said. If you were my customer though, I would have you try the Diana and Mia in both the 4 and the 2. I have also seen a lot of customers try on both jeans and the Mia is definitely a toothpick skinny. That black dress is also amazing on you!!! πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing lady and have a fab day!! πŸ™‚

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
    • Yes, I’ve been keeping an eye out for both of those styles ever since you mentioned them to me – there is a distressed style of the Mia that I would love to try on if I’m ever at the mall. πŸ™‚

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  9. It’s too bad that black dress didn’t work because it’s so freaking cute on you! But I love what you kept too. That shirt it totally you!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
    • You are so sweet, thank you! Too bad I could barely move my arms in that dress, and it rode up every time I moved. πŸ™‚

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  10. Love the sweater you kept– and the red/white one before it, but can see what you mean if it’s not a color combo you’d typically go towards.

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
    • If the navy sweater would’ve have been in the box, I definitely would’ve kept the other sweater – it was way cuter on than I expected it to be!

11. Jenn wrote:

Yeah….I like the shirt you kept and see why you returned everything else. The scarf and the two patterns and the colors….just weird. Glad you found at least one thing that you liked!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply

Ya doesn’t seem like you’re having the best luck with these boxes!! I like the shirt you ended up keeping and really love that dress on you – the back was amazing, but I get why you returned it! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
    • Yes, the back was killer on that dress, but the arms were so tight and the dress rode up if I made any sort of movement – not a good combination for a wedding reception!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply

Ohh love the sweater you kept! You’re right, you can never go wrong with navy and white stripes. And I agree with you on the scarf, neon green is just not a good idea. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 12.15.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney