StitchFix | Box #2

It’s that time again for another StitchFix box unveiling!

In the event that you’re not familiar with StitchFix, you can get my brief rundown in this post. I did specifically request the same stylist from my first Fix since she nailed my style tastes and preferences, and I figure that’s the best way to improve the boxes overtime by working with the same person.

While I wasn’t as enamored with the items in this box as I was with my first Fix, I did still come away with probably the cutest piece of clothing now hanging in my closet and still eager as ever to receive my next Fix.

Let’s get into it! (Psst – I use the good ‘ol iPhone for these photos to keep it real while I try everything on, so no judgment on the photography please!)

Kut From The Klotch Jonathan Skinny Corduroy – $68.00
Verdict: Returned It
Let’s start with the absolute worse piece of clothing in my box – dark green corduroy skinnies. Um, no. There was a time in my life when corduroy was my jam, but I was in elementary school. If these pants fit better and were tighter (I was sent a size 6), and if they were just a normal denim material, I may have considered them. But these? Ew.

41Hawthorn Analia Roll Tab Blouse – $38.00
Verdict: Returned It
This blouse was definitely in my style category – loose, lightweight and striped; however, the fit was a tad small on me. The blouse runs super tight in the arms (I was sent a Medium), and I also didn’t like where the length of the blouse hit me.

Andrew Marc Pila Sherpa Lined Vest – $88.00
Verdict: Returned It
I was excited to receive something from Andrew Marc since I picked up a new winter coat from the same brand last year, and I basically live in that coat once the snow starts falling. This vest was ridiculously cozy and soft – I essentially couldn’t stop “petting” the Sherpa lining; however, I couldn’t justify the price for a vest that I didn’t think would get a ton of wear. I think this vest belongs with someone who lives in Colorado or goes skiing a lot, just in my humble opinion.

RD Stylee Skipper Cocoon Cardigan – $68.00
Verdict: Returned It
This was one of those items that I was this close to keeping. I loved the color, material and fit of this cardigan. Ultimately, the cost is what made me return it – I feel like I could find something similar (and, I actually already own something similar in a different color) at a lower price point.

Coffeeshop Safi Plaid Tie Waist Jacket – $88.00
Verdict: Kept It!
I knew the second that I saw this jacket on my styling card that I was going to keep it. The color of the plaid is so rich and gorgeous for fall, and I absolutely love the neckline and fit. One thing to note on the fit (I have a Medium) is that since it’s a more fitted jacket, I don’t think I’ll be able to layer a heavy/chunky knit sweater underneath it, but it will be great as a layering piece over those lighter winter clothes. I’m thinking this would go well with a great pair of flare jeans, if I ever find the right pair for me!

Even though I wasn’t itching to keep every single item from this StitchFix like I was the last time, I was still happy to experiment with different clothing that I normally wouldn’t pick out for myself. I’m sticking to receiving Fixes every other month, so here’s to looking forward to December to see what I receive next!

Disclaimer | This post contains affiliate links, which give me monetary credits toward my next StitchFix for each person that signs up through my link. Thank you in advance if you decide to try it out!

I may be biased because I got a coat for my birthday that looks super similar but I think it was a great pick to keep! Also just gotta throw it out there – your hair looks SO fabulous!

Posted 11.3.15 Reply
  2. I love the stripe top!

Posted 10.27.15 Reply
  3. Tori wrote:

I am SO thrilled you kept that coat–it is seriously amazing and it looks so great on you!!! I love seeing these reviews–keep them coming 🙂

Tori

FashionBlingGirlyThings

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
  4. So many great pieces but definitely love what you decided to keep! That plaid is fab!

Zelle
    Southern Style

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
  5. ooooh that vest is cute! but definitely not worth the price tag. i get super cold here, but i never wear vests so i wouldn’t have kept it either. your photos look fabulous, screw judgey people 😉 that stripe top is cute, but why is it so short? no. and corduroy?! double no. that jacket though – gorgeous! love it, looks amazing on you.

6. LOOOOVE that coat!! Looks absolutely fabulous on you. 🙂

7. Awesome keeper with that plaid jacket – LOVE <3

Green Fashionista

8. Brooke wrote:

LOVEEEE that coat- you can never go wrong with plaid!!
    xoxo

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
  9. Ahhhhh love that coat so much– love the plaid & the style of it is so cute for fall!

Posted 10.26.15 Reply

I love the jacket you kept – so perfect for fall and looks great on you!

Posted 10.26.15 Reply

I’m glad you kept the coat, so cute on you!

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
  12. I tried Stitch Fix before and stopped bc I never really loved anything they picked for me. I really love your items! That plaid coat is so cute! Perfect for fall!

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
    • I definitely can see (and have read so many reviews and blogs) how it really can be hit or miss – that’s why I’m sticking with an every other month/scheduling fixes when I want them instead of doing it every month.

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
  13. I love that jacket! Glad you kept it. I’ve never tried Stitchfix, I think I would be too tempted to keep everything though!

14. That jacket is sooo pretty! What a Fix saver 🙂

15. Jenn wrote:

Loving that adorable jacket! I would have kept it too! I like the cardigan, but agree that the price is a bit steep for a cardigan.

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! And, yes – I basically have something similar in my closet already in a cream color, so I just couldn’t justify the price.

Posted 10.26.15 Reply

Girl I live in corduroy pants in the Fall and Winter I legit have like 10 colors of pants LOL! The jacket you kept is perfect for you – definitely a lot of wear out of that one! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
    • Haha, oh my goodness, I hope you didn’t take offense to my comment! I really have nothing against corduroy – one of my absolute favorite jackets actually is a trench length red corduroy. I just think the fit of the pants is what made them seem and look terrible to me!

17. Pinky wrote:

Bummer you only were able to keep one thing from the box, but I think you picked the BEST piece. What a fabulous plaid jacket!

Posted 10.26.15 Reply
    • Thank you! I figure as long as I keep one thing from the box, I’m not too upset since then I don’t lose my $20 styling credit. 🙂

Posted 10.26.15 Reply

Absolutely love the jacket you kept! SO fun and perfect for fall! The neckline is so fun too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes